Have any episodes ever made you cry?

Esmeshy

The only time I nearly shed a tear was in the episode "A Friend in Deed". Cranky's story just got to me, for some reason - I guess I'm just a bit of a wuss.But can I count the times I have felt miserable because I wish I had friends like the Mane 6 are, in times when I'm feeling down and MLP always cheers me up, and it's so awesome it's sad that its not real? :(

Edited by (\ScootaDash/)
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm, is it bad if I say a lot of episodes brought tears to my eyes?

In particular, "Keep Calm and Flutter On"... I... sympathised with Discord's epiphany, and how hard he reacted to it..

But many episodes did..

• Brohoof 1

The one episode that nearly made me cry would definitely have to be the Hearth's Warming Eve episode.

That ending where the ponies come together and sing songs and are generally having a good time really warmed my heart :wub:

And then at the end really made it that much better :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Keep calm and flutter on, eventually there was an episode that got to me. I had to cry a little as Discord realized he was going to lose his only friend. I was crying happy tears though, it was kinda weird.

I've just finished watching Season 2 and I may have shed a tear or two at the end. It was just such a happy ending! I think there were a few other moments where I came close.

I'm so glad I've learnt as a guy not to hold in emotions anymore. I've become such a happier person :).

• Brohoof 1

Discord becoming good made me cry tears of joy, especially after all of the hard work that Fluttershy did. I was expecting Discord to not change because it would show how you can't get all people to change their ways and that's just the way it is.

Nope. I usually don't cry about something unless it's really personal. I don't think a TV show's ever made me cry. There were some emotional episodes, but none that moved me to tears, I'm afraid.

Interesting question....well I've only cried a bit in very depressing scenes in certain episodes like:

- Spike is told off by Twi and runs from home in Owls Well That Ends Well

- Twi loses all hope on her mission to defeat Discord and sheds a broken-hearted tear in Return of Harmony Part 2

- Fluttershy looks into a puddle and realizes what she had become and barricades herself in her cottage in Putting your Hoof Down

- Twi enters the door leading to her worst fear and also when she says that she will never send Spike away in The Crystal Empire Part 1

- Scootaloo admits her fear to Dashie and they hug in Sleepless in Ponyville

• Brohoof 1

yes, i've cried on multiple occasions :blush:

but meh, i'm a girl. i feel no need to hold back, anyway.

let's see

-fluttershy crying in "Hurricane Fluttershy"

-Twilight's heartbreak in the Canterlot wedding, after being rejected by her brother

-the crystal empire, spike's fears, only a little.

-scootaloo's confession in "Sleepless in Ponyville"

-Keep calm and flutter on, after discord's realization, i teared up a tiny bit.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

yes, i've cried on multiple occasions :blush:

but meh, i'm a girl. i feel no need to hold back, anyway.

let's see

-fluttershy crying in "Hurricane Fluttershy"

-Twilight's heartbreak in the Canterlot wedding, after being rejected by her brother

-the crystal empire, spike's fears, only a little.

-Keep calm and flutter on, after discord's realization, i teared up a tiny bit.

I think I'm the only person that doesn't cry when Fluttershy cries, but yeah, the rest you said I totally agree with. I also cried a little when I learned that the shooting stars at the end of Apple Family reunion represented Applejack's parents, and when Spike was about to confess his love for Rarity.

I think I'm the only person that doesn't cry when Fluttershy cries, but yeah, the rest you said I totally agree with. I also cried a little when I learned that the shooting stars at the end of Apple Family reunion represented Applejack's parents, and when Spike was about to confess his love for Rarity.

well, it may have to do with that i could relate to her so much in that moment. ya know, feeling pressure to do well only to fail hard and be humiliated in front of all your peers :( . i could also sympathize with her need to hide from everyone and just wallow in misery for a bit.

i loved how the animals cheered her up in animal speak, it sounded like a one sided conversation. i never talked to anyone when i was sad, so i always ended up pep talking myself nonverbally. the way she talked to the animals, it sounded like a conversation i would have had with myself.

Edited by crazitaco

Well don't get meh wrong I love the show and it's touching episodes...But really the only animated things that made me cry is Disney Movies ( Lion King). But I still get sad, just not enough to cry sorreh :(

Girffon the Brush off

Pinkie being rejected by RD to go hang out with Gilda hurt me inside for some reason, and while I've only cried once or twice while watching a sad movie or something, this scene made me tear up :V

It really takes me a lot to cry at something, however, the closest i have got to actually do so was in this season's ep. Sleepless in Ponyville, watching Scotaloo being broken for not being ''though enough'' and confessing her feelings towards RD was really touching. 

• 5 months later...
(edited)

Just had an embarrassing moment that got me thinking.

I was watching the season 3 finale "Magical Mystery Cure" and after a while I noticed my eyes tearing up. Like really bad. I just started crying and couldn't stop. About five minutes before the end my brother walks in and sees me watching MLP. He also sees me bawling my eyes out -.-' He asked me what's so sad, to which I answered "Nothing" and he laughed at me for crying over ponies. I seriously don't know why that episode makes me cry, but it's happened before too!

Then I started thinking, and remembered that it's really not the first time an episode makes me cry. The same happens at the end of season 1 episode 2 when Twilight realizes the elements of harmony. Also the ending of season 2 opener and finale both make me cry. Every. Single. Time.

Do you have similar experiences? Over which episodes? Or am I just weird..?

EDIT: Also, now I have a headache... Dammit...

Edited by Jamza
  • Brohoof 3

None of the episodes have made me cry and I doubt they ever will.

...I swear there was someone cutting onions near me during Celestia's Ballad in Magical Mystery Cure.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not above feeling feels during TV shows and movies (somehow it got really windy in my apartment when Wallace was killed in The Wire ). I can honestly say that no episode of poni has made me sad though

(edited)

None of them have made me flat out cry; but some did make my eyes water.

"Magical Mystery Cure"

"The Crystal Empire" - The scene where Spike and Twilight hug.

"A Canterlot Wedding" - Where everyone abandoned Twilight and caused her to sing a song about losing her brother.

"Elements of Harmony" - The scene where Twilight named off each pony's elements; it made me teary-eyed for some reason.

There might be some more; but these are the four main ones for me.

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I've found that the more episodes I watch, the more tearful I get.

Its because MLP is so cute and happy, it makes me envious of their perfect little world. I just wanna squish their cute little cheeks and hug them. Their personalities, actions and even their voices; their smiles - they make me smile to. I guess there's only one word to describe these emotions - word our fandom loves to use: FEELS.

But yeah, I shed a few tears at the end of Magical Mystery Cure. I couldn't help it. I think all those weeks of waiting for it (because it was leaked way too early) got me really worked up and when I finally saw it, it was pretty emotional.

The only other episode that actually made me cry for another reason not from above was A Friend Indeed. I just felt so sad for Cranky Doodle - his story was (admit it) rather heartbreaking. :'(

Edited by Dashabel

I haven't cried yet, although I get some emotional moments where my heart drops kinda for a second at some of the stuff. I don't cry its just real sad to see.

Like in Hurricane Fluttershy with Fluttershy's turning around crying and saying "Yes!" 

Or when Twilight gets rejected by everyone she knows in the S2 finale.

Or in winter wrap up when AJ gets mad at Twilight and she runs off crying.

Or many many more.

Closest I got though was in the S3 finale, dunno why. It was just all the memories and stuff from the show kinda flooded around in my mind. But I didn't cry.

I honestly don't really cry much, but i sorta wish I did, even just a little bit more maybe.