Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Once Upon A Time...

GlitterBloom

There was a bored married woman with a full time job who saw little value in television shows. Reading bored her, even internet gaming lost its original luster, and she was practically miserable in her free time. Then, perchance by magic or a lack of a good immune system, she developed a cold and was stricken to the living room couch with nothing but the wide glare of Netflix looking back at her. Taunted by such an open world of entertainment she rarely explored, she happened upon a familiar show. "A cartoon", she asked with a sniffle and cough, "about ponies? Like the one from the 80's!" How wrong she would be.

It so happened that, after watching half of the first season in one sitting and with cold medicine kicking in, she fell fast asleep and dreamed of Equestria. Such a wonderful land it was that lacked a lot of the over indulgance in sexually explicit or violent means (like a majority of the fantasy genre)! Hours later, she awoke to the sound of her husband coming home. Then the now amused woman told her husband all about the magic of friendship as shown in My Little Pony. Soon, her husband followed and the two proudly joined the ranks of "brony". 

The most endearing end!

I know it was a lame way to put it, but my pony persona is a unicorn who dreams of being a princess, and I love to write as a cathartic hobby. I'm really excited to meet other bronies and talk about our love of MLP: FiM! Hello everybody!

• Brohoof 2

Omg that was a good read :) I'm glad it ended with the husband being open minded enough to give the show a chance! Brohoof for the engaging and well written story! /) you seem to have such a great personality and ppl are totally gonna take notice! Friend requests and roleplaying invites incoming!!!! So happy you are a part of the herd!!! I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do!!

• Brohoof 1

Sweet dreams are made of pony; who am I to disagree?

Oh boy. *wipes tear from corner of eye* Okay, I read that story aloud in the best and most whimsical storytelling voice I could muster and I was smiling the whole way. So I just gotta get this outta the way.

110319-awesome.jpg

Now that that order of business has been addressed; I would like to formally welcome you to the herd and the forums! (Oh seamstress of words!) If you're looking for a totally stellar pal with a big brother complex, or someone to tell stories to this guy's gotcha covered!

Thank you everyone for responding to my post! It seems I really have found a good community and I'm certainly grateful of it! One of my favorite hobbies involves writing and, though both my best friend and I are reaching our 30-somethings, we are both planning to write a collaborative story involving our own original characters in Equestria. I'll definitely post the link when I have it. Writing, for me, is fun as long as there's no pressure involved. With pony fiction, I think I'll find a good outlet for my need to scribe! Thanks again and friend requests have been sent!

• Brohoof 1