Jump to content

What will Discord do once Fluttershy passes away?


Wonderbolt Slipstream

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Slipstream95 said:

They go back in time, but once they get there it starts going forward again, hence it is constant and inevitable.

Discord has displayed an ability to reverse cause and effect. It's just a tiny step to reversing time and making Fluttershy grow young again.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SugarCoatxMarblePie said:

If he made Fluttershy immortal she wouldn't accept it because them most of her friends would die anyways it'd be very hard on her.

Discord wouldn't like seeing Fluttershy get sad under any circumstances, so he could just make all of her friends immortal too, including her animal friends at the sanctuary. Then she wouldn't have to worry about losing any of them. Problem solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/4/2018 at 7:22 PM, Slipstream95 said:

There has been a time where I didn't like ponies shipping Fluttershy and Discord just because Discord will outlive Fluttershy. My prediction after that, though dramatic, is that Discord would be so distraught that he goes on a rampage of sadness fueled chaos, but what do you guy think? What will Discord do once Fluttershy dies?

IMG_5133.JPG

this show is a TV show kids, it's about the friendship between a creature with a pony .. they will always be best friends forever, nobody will separate them, they always be together. like winnie pooh and christopher robin are good friends and will always be together

Edited by Van123
  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Final episode, Discord breaks the 4th wall and locks the series in a repeating time loop or causes the shift to G5. They can't die.

Edited by Singe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

Discord wouldn't like seeing Fluttershy get sad under any circumstances, so he could just make all of her friends immortal too, including her animal friends at the sanctuary. Then she wouldn't have to worry about losing any of them. Problem solved.

There will always be more friends to make, eventually the globe would be overpopulated with too many ponies, they would need to travel to new planets or worlds to prevent suffering. That or they could have a touching moment where they both die of old age or such. I would prefer the immortality route. Because curiosity and such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

Discord wouldn't like seeing Fluttershy get sad under any circumstances, so he could just make all of her friends immortal too, including her animal friends at the sanctuary. Then she wouldn't have to worry about losing any of them. Problem solved.

Or make them alicorns all together. :3

mane_6_alicorn_collection_by_linamomoko-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

okay so my take is it could go one of three ways.

1. He goes on a grief stricken rampage and the princesses have to defeat him, by this point that is five alicorns (possibly six if Starlight really sticks true to Twilight's path)

2. He is able to get over it with the support of the princesses and he grows much closer to them (Celesticord I hope but meh)

3. He is the lord of chaos, he can do anything. Fluttershy would not accept immortality as she wouldn't want to outlive her friends (sans Twilight). So Discord would simply remove his own immortality and he would grow old with her and die with her.

  • Brohoof 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably something every reasonable person would do if their soulmate dies.. spend the rest of their lives in sadness and pain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Cyra said:

Probably something every reasonable person would do if their soulmate dies.. spend the rest of their lives in sadness and pain.

Discord isn't a normal pony, he's the god of chaos, I think he would go on a rampage of chaos and wouldn't stop until someone stopped him.

 

41 minutes ago, kaiser5578 said:

okay so my take is it could go one of three ways.

1. He goes on a grief stricken rampage and the princesses have to defeat him, by this point that is five alicorns (possibly six if Starlight really sticks true to Twilight's path)

2. He is able to get over it with the support of the princesses and he grows much closer to them (Celesticord I hope but meh)

3. He is the lord of chaos, he can do anything. Fluttershy would not accept immortality as she wouldn't want to outlive her friends (sans Twilight). So Discord would simply remove his own immortality and he would grow old with her and die with her.

I was thinking he would do number one but, I like option number 3, I want a fanfic of that

 

55 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Or make them alicorns all together. :3

mane_6_alicorn_collection_by_linamomoko-

I'm pretty sure everypony since season 3 has been thinking that this is gonna end in a whole lot more alicorns

15 hours ago, Singe said:

Final episode, Discord breaks the 4th wall and locks the series in a repeating time loop or causes the shift to G5. They can't die.

Oh god no, that's almost as bad as TV shows and video game ending finales being "It was just a dream..."

17 hours ago, Van123 said:

this show is a TV show kids, it's about the friendship between a creature with a pony .. they will always be best friends forever, nobody will separate them, they always be together. like winnie pooh and christopher robin are good friends and will always be together

I know its a TV show...but its always fun to theorize

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Slipstream95 said:

Discord isn't a normal pony, he's the god of chaos, I think he would go on a rampage of chaos and wouldn't stop until someone stopped him.

Over the past 2 seasons Discord was shown more of a character who has feelings, especially for fluttershy since she reformed him and is his only true friend, and not as a god of chaos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cyra said:

Over the past 2 seasons Discord was shown more of a character who has feelings, especially for fluttershy since she reformed him and is his only true friend, and not as a god of chaos.

He might have changed but to his core he is still the god of chaos and that will never change. Like Twilight being the princess of friendship, or Rarity with fashion and Applejack loving Apples, its there core being of who they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Slipstream95 said:

He might have changed but to his core he is still the god of chaos and that will never change. Like Twilight being the princess of friendship, or Rarity with fashion and Applejack loving Apples, its there core being of who they are.

Then you have answered your own question there, pal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Fluttershy bites the dust, then what’s to stop the Embodiment of Chaos from reeking chaos once again since she holds him back? >:D

That and he might become the opposite of that and become the Embodiment of Order for Fluttershy which would break or change his character from a longshot since he won’t be Discord.

 

He’ll be Bid or Resolve The Embodiment of Order. :3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2018 at 10:22 PM, Slipstream95 said:

There has been a time where I didn't like ponies shipping Fluttershy and Discord just because Discord will outlive Fluttershy. My prediction after that, though dramatic, is that Discord would be so distraught that he goes on a rampage of sadness fueled chaos, but what do you guy think? What will Discord do once Fluttershy dies?

IMG_5133.JPG

Considering that grief is theorized to be  the biological aversion to permanent separation, I would almost imagine Discord creating a facsimile of Fluttershy as he struggles with the concept and instinctually tries to reunite. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Star Petal said:

I think ponies live a lot longer than people do, so they still have plenty of time. 

But the more time they stay together the harder it will be for when she actually dies.

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

Considering that grief is theorized to be  the biological aversion to permanent separation, I would almost imagine Discord creating a facsimile of Fluttershy as he struggles with the concept and instinctually tries to reunite. 

I still like the theory of him just going on a chaos rampage until some pony forces him to stop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

(edited)

 

On 4/21/2018 at 5:38 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

Where's the proof? If Twilight and Starlight can manipulate time, what prevents Discord?

Fluttershy not wanting to live and watch as one-by-one her friends die before her eyes, leaving her alone with Discord.

2 hours ago, BloodDrops said:

Screwball + Discord

 

What about discord and screwball?

Edited by Slipstream95
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:43 AM, Slipstream95 said:

Fluttershy not wanting to live and watch as one-by-one her friends die before her eyes, leaving her alone with Discord.

I feel like Fluttershy wouldn't want Discord to be alone, and would probably put up with immortality for his sake, and Twilight's if alicorns are immortal.

Alternatively, Discord bequeaths chaos powers to Angel Bunny and travels to the afterlife to be with Flutters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Adderbane said:

I feel like Fluttershy wouldn't want Discord to be alone, and would probably put up with immortality for his sake, and Twilight's if alicorns are immortal.

Alternatively, Discord bequeaths chaos powers to Angel Bunny and travels to the afterlife to be with Flutters.

Twilight won't outlive her friends, Meghan McCarthy confirmed it.

And Fluttershy of all ponies should know that creatures live and creatures die, that's how life goes. How many woodland creatures has she seen live and die? Maybe not many now, since she is young, but as she ages she will see that happen to many of her woodland friends, at some point she will realize that it will happen to her and her friends as well and at that point she will have to come to the realization is that when the time comes she will shed that mortal coil, it's a sad fact but that's how life is.

Unless Discord gets in the way and disregards her final wishes and makes her immortal, but I could see Fluttershy hating him for that so he (should) let her die peacefully.

IMG_5171.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, hopefully such a thing, if it happens, will be in the distant future, and by the time it happens Discord will have a sufficiently large support group that losing Fluttershy, while a significant blow to him, wouldn't be the end of the world.

If it were to happen tomorrow, certainly he wouldn't handle it well, but operating under the assumption all of them will live for quite some time and Discord will also find his place not just among them but the younger generations, and he'll be able to keep on living and continuing the legacy they left behind. Paying it forward with the impact they made on him to future ponies they won't be able to directly touch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regardless of what happens, he will need to move on. Unfortunately, that's the price of being an immortal in a world of mortals. :sunny: It sucks, but that's just what happens in life, eternal or temporary; you'll experience grief at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...