Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What will Discord do once Fluttershy passes away?

Wonderbolt Slipstream

There has been a time where I didn't like ponies shipping Fluttershy and Discord just because Discord will outlive Fluttershy. My prediction after that, though dramatic, is that Discord would be so distraught that he goes on a rampage of sadness fueled chaos, but what do you guy think? What will Discord do once Fluttershy dies?

IMG_5133.JPG

• Brohoof 1

Unless the Mane Six all becoming alicorns in the end is the future(god i hope not) how about Twilight without the others? Everyone is going to be bummed when my girl Star becomes an alicorn but its okay they have been trying to prep haters, they just don't understand...

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Karnak said:

I personally hope, they get together. Who knows, maybe they could have a kid. If that happens, then it could ease the hurt. 

I have a whole new theory now, what if Fluttershy is infertile and she fills the shame of not being about to have a child by acting as if the woodland creature are her kids? Currently her child is angel, who is a foal in their "teenage years".

Just now, Slipstream95 said:

I have a whole new theory now, what if Fluttershy is infertile and she fills the shame of not being about to have a child by acting as if the woodland creature are her kids? Currently her child is angel, who is a foal in their "teenage years".

Then him running her sanctuary  could help him cope.

I have grown to love and adore the ship of Fluttercord! (

Spoiler

And Spike and Big Mac are shippers of this as well! ;)

1 minute ago, Aquaflame said:

Unless the Mane Six all becoming alicorns in the end is the future(god i hope not) how about Twilight without the others? Everyone is going to be bummed when my girl Star becomes an alicorn but its okay they have been trying to prep haters, they just don't understand...

God I hope she doesn't become an Alicorn, especially after removing AN ENTIRE TOWN WORTH OF CUTIE MARKS, you know, the same thing that tells them what there destiny is.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Slipstream95 said:

God I hope she doesn't become an Alicorn, especially after removing AN ENTIRE TOWN WORTH OF CUTIE MARKS, you know, the same thing that tells them what there destiny is.

waiting to see them do something new with the CMC,(as weve seen the appearance of a cutie mark isn't always understood...) but you're right old Starlight was TERRIBLE, BUT, I understand her, through and through and I am sticking by her, and her progress, leadership skills, natural talent and developing potential, tyrant starlight is long gone, she is giving socially awkward twi (even after becoming the princess of friendship) the correct direction, see her toss that rule book and shake twi for all intents and purposes, Starlight can be trusted...

10 minutes ago, Karnak said:

Then him running her sanctuary  could help him cope.

I have grown to love and adore the ship of Fluttercord! (

Reveal hidden contents

And Spike and Big Mac are shippers of this as well! ;)

I'm still an old school Tia x Discord since they both live forever.

IMG_5134.PNG

24 minutes ago, Karnak said:

I personally hope, they get together. Who knows, maybe they could have a kid. If that happens, then it could ease the hurt. 

Have you met @Maple Bat? He made two OC Children of Fluttershy and Discord. And those two OCs have good chemistry with with my OCs.

6 minutes ago, Slipstream95 said:

I'm still an old school Tia x Discord since they both live forever.

IMG_5134.PNG

No where in the show did they ever say Alicorns live forever. They just live a long life.

Edited by SwitchGuy2018
  • Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:

Have you met @Maple Bat? He made two OC Children of Fluttershy and Discord. And those two OCs have good chemistry with with my OCs.

No where in the show did they ever say Alicorns live forever. They just live a long life.

Over 1000 years is pretty bucking long, might as well be forever. :huh:

Discord seems to be able to do a lot of things with his power.  He even commented at the end of season 6 that he can rip the fabric of reality itself.  It wouldn't be all that hard to imagine if they got together that he could give her immorality.

• Brohoof 3

Discord will probably fufill a dying wish, perhaps maintaining the animal sanctuary or something other, but discord is discord. He will always be seeking out mischief, and by the time Fluttershy passes away, he'll have learned many lessons, made other friends along the way, and learn to cope. Immortals have a tendency to obtain some patience and wisdom over time, even those as unstable as Discord.

I suggest checking out the fanfic, "The Keepers of Discord". It's about what happens to him after the main six turn him back to stone and he's never released/reformed. No relationship with Fluttershy but it covers a unique perspective and his reaction to loss. Plus there's an audio version by Dr.Wolf.

• Brohoof 2

I feel if Fluttershy died of old age, that would've been enough time for her to rub off enough on Discord where he would continue to be like he is now, only using chaos for non evil purposes. He would respect her wishes enough to not go back to his evil ways.

He will have kids with her and  take care of their ancestor line(their grandchildren grand grand children etc). And if they don't hook up, then he will wait another 1000 years to find another Fluttershy reincarnation.

Also Dislestia shippers need to understand that Celestia isn't immortal either (she woudn't want to seek Twilight as her replacament if she was eternal) so Discord won't suddenly fall in love with her just becuase she will live longer. It's like you are a huge fluffy  kitty lover but decided to buy a turtle because they live longer even if youre not a fan of reptiles. Discord will most likely never fall for Celestia if he didn't do so after 1000 years.

Edited by Conred
  • Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Slipstream95 said:

He doesn't have a choice, time is constant and inevitable. He may be able to control a lot, but not time.

The definition of chaos is proof that his magic has no rules. He probably could age her back when she grows old, or even slow down the aging process if he wanted to ¦D

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, CrystalBloodMoon said:

The definition of chaos is proof that his magic has no rules. He probably could age her back when she grows old, or even slow down the aging process if he wanted to ¦D

But is that fair to Fluttershy? Do you think Fluttershy would really want that?

• Brohoof 3

15 minutes ago, Slipstream95 said:

But is that fair to Fluttershy? Do you think Fluttershy would really want that?

Maybe? You never really know what she wants, not really an open book. It's in her name, she's shy, what're you gonna do?

If he made Fluttershy immortal she wouldn't accept it because them most of her friends would die anyways it'd be very hard on her. If she dies he would easily go back in the past to visit her, or he would try n hibernate for the rest of eternity. Maybe a past version or alt version of himself would try convincing himself to cheer up.  Maybe he would then take a stroll n see more ponies that remind him of Fluttershy then eventually try n hang out with some, then it depends how ponies treat him next, for what he decides to do.

Perhaps he would be grateful for getting to know her. Perhaps alot of things. Perhaps he would want to die with her.

17 hours ago, Slipstream95 said:

He doesn't have a choice, time is constant and inevitable. He may be able to control a lot, but not time.

Where's the proof? If Twilight and Starlight can manipulate time, what prevents Discord?