Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Human names Would You Have Given The Equestria Girls?

Denim&Venöm

This was something I was expecting in the movie. The girls would have names we humans would be accustomed too. But instead, they went the simple route and gave the characters the same names as their pony counterparts.

So what would you have named the EQGs or what names did you expect them to have at first?

Rarichisa (Rarity

Alexandra (Rainbow Dash)

Twilight Sparkle/Tina Sparks (She would have to make up a name)

Rosetta Puffer (Pinkie Pie)

Anabelle Rose (Applejack, IT FITS!)

Lanelle (Fluttershy)

• Brohoof 2

Rarity--Alexandrie. A French name definitely suits Rarity

Applejack--Daisy. AJ is just one of those southern girls and the first that comes to mind is, yes, Daisy Duke.

Rainbow Dash--Carmen. I dunno. This just sounds like a tough girl name to me.

Pinkie Pie--Jacqueline "Jackie."  Like Dashie, I don't know. It just sounds right to me lol

Fluttershy--Rose. Beautiful and fragile

Twilight Sparkle--Caroline. I know a few really, really intelligent girls. Oddly, they're all named Caroline (one of them leaves off the e at the end. She's German)

Lindsay or Jazz (Jasmin) - Rarity. (Any generic name for 'popular' high school girls)

Lily - Fluttershy.

Pippin or Pip or something. - Applejack

Talia - Twilight

Mina - Pinkie

Dani or something - Dash

I dunno I'm tired and stressed.

Fluttershy : Sylvie

Rarity : Anabelle

Applejack: Sarah

Pinkie Pie: Alexia

Rainbow Dash: Emily

Twilight: Bella (I know I deserve Tartarus for this)

Actually I have no clue wacko.png

Okay *cracks knuckles* here we go B)

RD-Alexis or Alexandra, either way she'll have the nickname Alex which is a name commonly given to tomboys in books :)

Fluttershy-Lily

AJ-Rose, I don't know it just seems to fit for some reason and I can't think of anything else that would do her justice.

Rarity-Jennifer and she can be called Jenny by her friends :D

Twilight-Meagan

Pinkie Pie-DIANE!! Nah just kidding, I'm more original than that. It just made me laugh when Lyra used Pinkie's middle name in Anthropology when talking about her.

No seriously though, um either Joy or Felicity, both mean happy :lol:

Twilight Sparkle: Sophia [from knowledge]
Pinkie Pie: Peggy [sounds like peppy]
Rainbow Dash: Alex [name isn't too girly]
Applejack: Jackie [Applejack.. duh]
Rarity: Belle [Fancy name with a dash of awe]
Fluttershy: Violet [Pretty flowery name, kinda shy]

There ya go...

Edited by DukeofCanterlot
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Twilight: Lila Sparkle

Rainbow Dash: Dashika Rainbow

Flutter Shy: Shya Flutters

Apple Jack: Jacklyn Apple

Pinkie Pie: Diane Pie

Rarity: Jewel (last name Radiance perhaps?  Not sure on this one.)

Uh, hm, never thought of this.

TIME FOR ON THE SPOT THINKING, WITH ZYGEN ;p.*Music plays*

Yay :D.

Lets see..

Rainbow- Alex, because i know people named Alex who are tomboys, so yeah.

Fluttershy- Bella, because its a sweet name and just sounds fitting for Fluttershy's personality.

Twilight - Idk Tina? 

Applejack- Bailey, It just fits her, dunno why.

Rarity- Diamond! Get it. its like a name, and she has Diamonds as a cutie mark.... Ok its a little ghetto, but idc ;p. Sticking to it anyways...

Pinkie pie- Stephanie, because idk. Just bcuz ok it came to my mind and vola.

There, these came out of the blue on the spot, so a bit of a mess, but yeah xD.

Rarity ~ Diana

Aplejack ~ Jessie

Rainbow Dash ~ Dixie

Twilight sparkle ~ Tina

Fluttershy ~ April

Pinkie pie ~ Penelope 

Okay *cracks knuckles* here we go B)

RD-Alexis or Alexandra, either way she'll have the nickname Alex which is a name commonly given to tomboys in books :)

Fluttershy-Lily

AJ-Rose, I don't know it just seems to fit for some reason and I can't think of anything else that would do her justice.

Rarity-Jennifer and she can be called Jenny by her friends :D

Twilight-Meagan

Pinkie Pie-DIANE!! Nah just kidding, I'm more original than that. It just made me laugh when Lyra used Pinkie's middle name in Anthropology when talking about her.

No seriously though, um either Joy or Felicity, both mean happy :lol:

Gee, No flutters? HOLY CELESTIA.

Rarity ~ Diana

Aplejack ~ Jessie

Rainbow Dash ~ Dixie

Twilight sparkle ~ Tina

Fluttershy ~ April

Pinkie pie ~ Penelope 

Gee, No flutters? HOLY CELESTIA.

Uh she's the second one ^_^ I put that I would call her Lily.

Uh, hm, never thought of this.

TIME FOR ON THE SPOT THINKING, WITH ZYGEN ;p.*Music plays*

Yay :D.

Lets see..

Rainbow- Alex, because i know people named Alex who are tomboys, so yeah.

Fluttershy- Bella, because its a sweet name and just sounds fitting for Fluttershy's personality.

Twilight - Idk Tina? 

Applejack- Bailey, It just fits her, dunno why.

Rarity- Diamond! Get it. its like a name, and she has Diamonds as a cutie mark.... Ok its a little ghetto, but idc ;p. Sticking to it anyways...

Pinkie pie- Stephanie, because idk. Just bcuz ok it came to my mind and vola.

There, these came out of the blue on the spot, so a bit of a mess, but yeah xD.

lol Stephanie's my middle name :P So if you thought of that for Pinkie then YAY! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Uh she's the second one ^_^ I put that I would call her Lily.

lol Stephanie's my middle name :P So if you thought of that for Pinkie then YAY! :lol:

Oops missed that, I normally just skim through the texts. I normally dont notice tiny sentences xD

• Brohoof 1

Never really thought about this, but I think it'd have been somewhat clever to name Twi "Tara Strong", both because it matches Twilight Sparkle's initials, and...well, the more obvious reason. I guess if I had to say what each of the others looks like to me, I'd say:

Flutters = Lily

Rarity = Samantha

Rainbow = Ashley

Applejack = Rose

Applejack: Clara

Twilight Sparkle: Carol

Rainbow Dash: Jillian (after my cousin because Rainbow Dash kind of reminds me of her)

Pinkie Pie: Claudia

Fluttershy: May

Rarity: Francesca (one of my favorite Italian girls names and is very fitting for Rarity)

I've actually thought of this before EQG. My plan was to make Final Fantasy-based human versions of all the Mane Six and give them new names to fit with that. I never came up with the names, but here's a good a place as any, right? (Also, I did think it was weird that there were these humans walking around with silly pony names. It seemed quite out of place. XD)

• Twilight Sparkle -

Twilight Sparkle/Tina Sparks (She would have to make up a name)
     I really can't do better than Tina Sparks as an alias for her. That's just brilliant. It sounds like a nerdy girl's name in some kind of children's book.

• Applejack - Alex Jackson. A kind of gender neutral name that really fits her. It has this all-American feel as well which Applejack exudes with her Southern accent.

• Pinkie Pie - Patricia "Patty" Patricks. A silly-sounding name that is not only alliterated like her original name, but flows in this kind of ridiculous sort of way. Which is befitting of her. Also, Patricia is a stand-in for Pinkamina. 

• Rainbow Dash - Rae Dashner. It sounds kind of foreign, kind of weird, but Rainbow Dash has always been the pony to stand out the most with her rainbow mane. It makes sense that as a human, she'd have a name that stands out. Rae is a short brief name that really fits her, the only name I've managed to find that sounds like her original name and does that as well. Also helps that it makes me think of Sailor Mars, which has a Rainbow Dashish personality.

• Fluttershy - Fleur Shrewsberry. The first name is for Fluttershy's preference of French coteur, as well as the fact that it means "flower," sounds like her original name, and has this sort of gentle feel to it. Her last was a name I found on a last names site that I thought was PERFECT for her. It sounds so Fluttershy. A shrew makes me think of just this timid little creature and berry helps it sound cute. Also, bonus points for last name being animal-related.

• Rarity - Regina Felicity. Regina is the perfect name for Rarity as it has this formal vibe of royalty and class, which is very much her. Felicity sounds like her original name, which is the first reason I picked it. However, upon further dictionary inspection, this is revealed: 2. aptness, grace, becomingness, suitableness. All words that sound very Rarity. So there you go.

• Sunset Shimmer - Samantha Shields. Something I came up with at the top of my head that really kind of fits her personality in my opinion. Samantha seems like it can belong to both a bitchy high school girl and a nice one, reflecting kind of her duality in the movie when she reforms. Shields sounds like Shimmer and gives me this sort of upright, uptight feel. Like her.

• Flash Sentry - Flynn Seidman. It just kinda sounds like him. Flynn makes me think of flight, and well, he IS a pegasus. It also sounds like flash. Seidman was just a random name I found that actually sounds good with Flynn, with the addition of ending with "man" indicating he's one of the few male characters around.

• Luna - Luna Prieto. Last name sounds like principal and princess all in one, and it means "dark." Her first name stays the same as it's already fine the way it is.

• Celestia - Celeste Prieto. Anyone ever notice that all the non-Twilight alicorns have human-sounding names? (Cadance, Celestia, Luna?) Hmm, might indicate something in Equestria about human-sounding names being more regal or superior or something. Oh well! Anyway, Celeste is an actual name that sounds a LOT like Celestia. Only a few letters changed. She keeps Prieto from it sounding like principal and princess, even though it doesn't quite fit her with "dark." It still sounds appropriate though. I mean, imagine Twilight hearing about this "Principal Prieto" and not knowing that she's Celestia's counterpart until she meets her. That'd be awesome.
Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
  • Brohoof 1

Mane 6:

Twilight Sparkle: Tanya Smith

Fluttershy: Felicia Sands

Pinkie Pie: Penny Parks

Rainbow Dash: Rachael "Ray" Dawson

Rarity: Raini Robin

Applejack: AJ Anderson

CMC:

Sweetie Belle: Sydney Belle Robin

Apple Bloom: Annie Bloom Anderson

Scootaloo: Sid "Scoots" _______ (orphan)

Babs Seed: Bethany Slyde

Antagonists:

Trixie Lulamoon: Trixie Lulamoon

Discord: Danny

Queen Chrysalis: Queenie Christen

Nightmare Moon: Nellie Moch

Diamond Tiara: Deana Tanner

Silver Spoon: Sylvia Spoon

King Sombra: Kale Somber

BG Ponies:

Berry Punch: Bianca Pallet

Derpy Hooves: Delly Harp

Lyra Heartstrings: Lyra Heather

Bon Bon: Bonnie Bo

Dr. Whooves: Dr. Walter (Professor)

Colgate: Carmen

Cheerilee: Ms. Cherrie

Octavia: Octavia

Vinyl Scratch: Vicky "Vick" Scrawn

And, just for fun... Fluffle Puff: Fiona Puffle

Princesses:

Celestia: Celest "Tia"

Luna: Luna

Cadence: Cadence (Hahahaha I have no imagination...)

Princes:

Blueblood: Brian Blue

Shining Armor: Silas Arman

Wow this took me like an hour...