Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it wrong that....I want Princess Celestia to be more like....

SaburoDaimando

Optimus Prime of the Transformers series?

Even if it goes as far as her saying phrases like..

"Freedom/Friendship is the right of all sentient beings."

"Equestrians, Transform and roll out."

"Tirek must be stopped, no matter the cost."

"One shall stand, one shall fall."

Or going as far as to improving her character as being dedicated to the protection of all life like her Transformers counterpart.

I mean heck, I once tweeted Nicole Oliver stating that "Princess Celestia is equal to Optimus Prime," and she said she liked that idea.

So what do you think?  is Princess Celestia similar to Optimus Prime?  Or should she be more similar to Optimus Prime?

• Brohoof 3

That would be Epic, but Optimus would just not fit in all truth.

He's more of that kind leader soldier that has seen to much.

Celestia is more of just a kind leader.

But it would be interesting to see.

Edited by Commander Tangent

Celestia is a ruler, her speeches need to me more depth and meaningful to her (mostly female) subjects.

Optimus is a leader and a soldier, his speeches are more for keeping the Morale of his soldiers up.

I wonder what it would be like if they ever debated who's leadership is role is harder. Both have ruled/lead for more than several hundred years. Optimus leads fewer against deadier threats while celestia has far more subjects beneath her command.

Personally i think Optimus would say hers is harder, fighting for freedom is one thing, keeping and maintaining it is another thing entirely.

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 2

It's not wrong at all. It's your vision / opinion, and you have right to have one. It's a matter of personal preferences and opinions. Others might have different views on that, but this shouldn't bother you much.

Celestia and Optimus Prime have some common features. But they also have some differences. They're not perfectly the same. They both have their own interesting features, reserved only for themselves. That makes them special.

Edit:

Nevertheless, I'd love to see them swapping places. This could be very funny ;-) I wonder how Optimus Prime could deal with these ponies and how they would find Celestia replaced by some gigantic robotic talking old truck :lol: And how would Autobots find Celestia as their new chief img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png talking all these things about friendship being magic & stuff, you know ;-)

Fanfic writers: ready, steady, go! :-)

Edited by SasQ

It's not wrong at all, if it's your idea you have the right to say what's on your mind. Both of them have their differences and similarities as two respected leaders in their own right.

I like the job Nicole Oliver does as Princess Celestia. Her voice is gentle and soothing. The way she presides over Equestria is that of a benevolent ruler. She rules with a firm but gentle hoof, trusting enough in the ponies to look after each other and treat each other with love and respect but also intervenes personally only when the situation really calls for it. I think she's sort of like a mother figure for a lot of the ponies of Equestria and as such I think she kind of regards the ponies as like her own children. She truly loves and cares for them very deeply and is willing to do anything to protect them from harm and evil if necessary.

• Brohoof 1