Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

OCTAVIA or VINYL SCRATCH

~XCOLIDE~

79 users have voted

1. 1. OCTAVIA or VINYL SCRATCH

• VINYL SCRATCH
    • OCTAVIA

for instance this is the FIRST electronic music ever made.. the sounds comes form broken germanium transistor and overvolted red plate vacuum tube penthode.. it is from a french guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOqfWj0HqNE

Sorry, but this is not the first electronic music ever made. Leon Theremin invented and patented the electronic musical instrument that carries his name in 1928.

Sorry, but this is not the first electronic music ever made. Leon Theremin invented and patented the electronic musical instrument that carries his name in 1928.

oh WELL REALLY THANK YOU! i love to learn new stuff! :)

The song Psyche Rock was produced in 1967 by Pierre Henry, nearly forty years after the Theremin was invented.

oh WELL REALLY THANK YOU! i love to learn new stuff! :)

You're quite welcome! I didn't see your last post before I added another one. Sorry!

• Brohoof 1

Well, if you consider electronic music to have started with the first electronic instrument, you would be looking to the telharmonium which was developed in the late 1800s.  Then again, I'm not entirely sure if the telharmonium was the first necessarily, it was just popular for a while (until they realized that using it interfered with the phone lines).

If the first electronic music is considered to be the first music that had to be played by electronic means (no human performers involved), then that goes to Pierre Schaeffer's "Etude aux Chemins de fer" from 1948.  Schaeffer actually worked with Pierre Henry for a while before Henry left the studio to work on his own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9pOq8u6-bA

Or, you could consider the first electronic music to be the first piece played entirely by electronic means and used only electronically synthesized sounds (Schaeffer's work is all recordings).  I think that that would go to Herbert Eimert's and Robert Beyer's "Klang im unbegrenzten Raum" from 1951-52.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4YMDuCNA34

Sorry for the info-dump, I just happen to be taking a History of Electronic Music class this semester (it's required for my major) so I temporarily have an uncanny knowledge of this stuff, as well as a handy textbook to refer to.

• Brohoof 1

Tavi,because I play violin and its SOOO AWESOME :wub: I also think vinyl is kind of overrated anyways....DON'T KILL ME!! I mean,why else wouldn't I like Tavi if I do this 6 days a week:

Violin?

She plays Cello :P

also very good tbh :)

and can be very modern (look up Cello Fury for some good stuff. 3 cellos and a drum set... shweet....)

Edited by GrimCW

THEY'RE BOTH STRING INSTRUMENTS....MKAY???? I'll look up some of dat good stuff.

Yes, but so thats like saying a trumpet and a flugelhorn are the same :P

while similar, they aren't quiet there....

Octavia due to her more subtle colors and design, as well as her awesome manestyle. It's my favorite of all ponies. But this is just strictly aesthetically speaking, as I don't read fanfics or buy into their fanmade personas. Also, I don't really care much for Vinyl Scratch's mane.

"There is one small problem.... she cleans them with... wubs." *facehoof*

yeah i remember that... actually.. what the hell are wubs? i stay away as mush as possible to discos so i do not understand

yeah i remember that... actually.. what the hell are wubs? i stay away as mush as possible to discos so i do not understand

there are speakers known as sub-woofers, and so folks just call the sound they make as wub XD

there are speakers known as sub-woofers, and so folks just call the sound they make as wub XD

what an offence.. i love sub woofer.. they helps me getting more bottom line to classical music and beatles... calling them wubs... so offensive.. :(

i usually use a 25 watt push pull tube amplificator, 1 woofer for speaker, 2 midle for speaker, 1 tweeter for speaker, then i cut the bottom freqency with a custom crossover, take them and amp them with a 100 watt IC amplificator and then i drive directely a single 18 inch subwoofer in his own enclosing... i love that sound

You're making me pick between two of my favorite ponies?

ae1.png

If I can only choose one, I guess I'm going to have to go with Vinyl. The Bass Cannon, and Dubstep Dishwasher are simply too awesome to pass up. Sorry Tavi, but the Master of Wubs wins this one. 

Octavia forever!! i love classical! it is like listening to vintage metal! it has everything! energy! power! feelings! i love it.. in particular tchaikovsky :)

how can someone not love this? Don't you feel the need to bomb something?? to stand up in your city screaming?!?

btw are you wondering how can she play with vynil? well ask the real one :)

tecno+classical :)

These guys were the rockstars of their time...

I vote Octavia, because she is elegant, kind, beautiful and strong.

It still saddens me that Vinyl didn't value their friendship enough... :blush:

It still saddens me that Vinyl didn't value their friendship enough... :blush:

oh well.. this is just a fanfic thing :) in the canon probably they never met or spoke one to the other :)

One does not simply choose between Octavia and Vinyl Scratch.

Wait, what? I thought these were wubs.

Those bass drops you get so often in Electro-House and [insert genre]Step.

profile_picture_by_woonacorn-d6sfup7.png

once saw that pic with something written, it was basically Octivia blaming everyone for the grief she goes though in fanfics, basically "look at what you've done to me". just seems so funny imagining her saying that while lighting a cigarette. XD

• Brohoof 1