Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I The Only One Not Able To Quote Posts?

SBaby

This seems to be an issue that's been happening for a few days now.  I don't know if this is an issue with the site, or it's only on my end.  But I can't seem to quote any posts in topics.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes. In order to quote posts, I have to go into BBCode Mode (The odd little icon at the top left of the 'reply to' box. I'm not entirely sure why yet, but I'm thinking some plug-in is interacting oddly with the IP.Board software this forum is running on.

You posted almost right when I got home.  But yeah.  I still appear to be having the problem.  I don't know how many others are though.

Is this happening on a computer, or are you using a different device to access the forums?

@@SBaby

Just going to ask for some information.

Are you using a computer or mobile device?
If you are using a mobile device, is it an Apple device or an Android device?
If you are using a computer, what Operating System are you using, Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X?

What web browser are you using, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, or Other?

Have you tried clearing your web browsers cache?
Have you tried installing an alternative web browser to see if the issue is persistent across other web browsers?
Do you have any plugins/add-ons installed on your web browser?

If you have any plugins/add-ons installed on your web browser, have you tried disabling them to see if the issue is resolved?

Edited by Emperor Posh
  • Brohoof 1

I'm running Windows 7 on an HP Laptop (Service Pak 1, 64-bit).

And I'm using Internet Explorer.

On a side note, I tried booting up Google Chrome and I was able to quote a post, so it might be Internet Explorer that's doing it.

I'm running Windows 7 on an HP Laptop (Service Pak 1, 64-bit).

And I'm using Internet Explorer.

On a side note, I tried booting up Google Chrome and I was able to quote a post, so it might be Internet Explorer that's doing it.

Try clearing the cache/browser data in Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer 7: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/ie7/

Internet Explorer 8/Higher Versions: http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/ie8/

Personally I would stick with Google Chrome because Internet Explorer is known to have a lot of issues.

Edited by Emperor Posh
  • Brohoof 1

I've already done that.  It doesn't work.  I tried everything, including reinstalling Internet Explorer, and it still does it.

The only thing I can say for sure is that it didn't happen before November 23.

• Brohoof 1

I've already done that. It doesn't work. I tried everything, including reinstalling Internet Explorer, and it still does it.

The only thing I can say for sure is that it didn't happen before November 23.

I don't know much else you can do for Internet Explorer if you have done all that, you could try updating it. But Internet Explorer has a tendency to not like some websites and stop working. I will have a look at my installation of Internet Explorer in the morning and see if I have any issues with the forums.

EDIT: After testing the forums with Internet Explorer 10, everything seems to be working. Try updating to a newer version of Internet Explorer.

Download Internet Explorer 10 from here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/internet-explorer/ie-10-worldwide-languages

You can try Internet Explorer 11 if you want:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/internet-explorer/ie-11-worldwide-languages

Just scroll down until you find "English", and in "Windows Version" select your version of Windows. Then click "Download"

Edited by Emperor Posh
  • Brohoof 1

Sooner or later, my Internet Explorer will update automatically.  So what I think I'll do is just use Google Chrome until it does.  I seem to still be able to quote posts with that.

• Brohoof 1

Sooner or later, my Internet Explorer will update automatically. So what I think I'll do is just use Google Chrome until it does. I seem to still be able to quote posts with that.

OK, I am sorry I could not help fix the issue. I don't understand why Internet Explorer would be doing this, especially if you reinstalled it and cleared the data/cache. But yeah, if you ever decide to use Internet Explorer again and you are still having the issue, try updating it.

EDIT: Probably a compatibility issue with Internet Explorer and the forums.

Edited by Emperor Posh
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

This topic has been opened for over a month now.
If the problem persists, please contact myself or another Tech Support Staffer to re-open the thread.
For now, its locked.

Have a great day ^_^