Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Realistic alien movies?

Codelyy

When i mean Realistic i mean what Aliens would be like

I think Battle of los angeles is a very realistic alien movie Because:

1) The aliens have guns that seem like are weapons and not stupid ray guns

2) The aliens take cover from gun fire and not just run and kill everything in there way

3) The aliens have armour meaning they are actually trying to protect themselves

4) They have squads

5) They have Leaders

6) They destroyed air bases to be able to use there ships (They used there brains)

7) They came to Earth for a reason and not just to kill everything

8) They have vehicles

Thats all i can think of but thats what i bet a alien race would be like if they wanted war

Not just go and kill everything by running into battle

What do you think? Is it what you think aliens would be like?

The aliens have guns that seem like are weapons

...What? Do you mean "our" weapons? They have guns like OUR weapons? Using the wrong "there" is one thing but "our" and "are" are two entirely different words. How do you even...

And I notice most of this list is essentially "Aliens are only realistic if they behave exactly how we behave!"...That's just silly. If they could reach us to wage a war, they're clearly beyond us.

Why is ray gun technology unrealistic? Because primitive humanity doesn't have it?

Why is cover and armor and wrecking our air bases more realistic? Our weapons could be like Nerf toys to them.

And you realize the ultimate point of war is to subjugate (if not exterminate) the enemy? Killing everything is exactly the right tactic for war. It's how every war ever fought has played out: Two sides each trying to kill the other side.

• Brohoof 1

In all truth, I found Planet 51 to be extremely realistic (minus the whole "you can speak my language" plot device and the comic relief astro dog).

-humans, exploring universe, find a planet where evolution has occurred to produce a species much alike our own in body plan (dominent species = large brained simian-limbed biped)

-native spices freaks out over our arrival

-native species sees us as possible threat, calls their military for defense

-HUGE media coverage

-native species attempts capture of our astronaut(s) for study

This is the likeliest scenario I see happening should an alien ever arrive on earth or vice versa.

Edited by Dinos4Ever

Any alien race advanced enough to find us would have the technology to utterly annihilate us without engaging in conventional warfare. But of course, that wouldn't make for a good movie, so I guess you could argue no alien movie will be 'realistic'.

• Brohoof 1

Any alien race advanced enough to find us would have the technology to utterly annihilate us without engaging in conventional warfare. But of course, that wouldn't make for a good movie, so I guess you could argue no alien movie will be 'realistic'.

I never really thought of that but yea i guess your right :)

We have no idea. Aliens could be anything, really. So realism could be anything. However, if aliens found Earth, either they would have come peacefully, or we would all be dead long before we would ever know they existed. We've already got the power to erase humanity with nuclear weaponry, and we've never gotten humans further than the moon. There's no reason aliens capable of space travel wouldn't be able to do it much easier.

Edited by Brosparkles

I'd like a movie were earth does invade an alien world. From the alien point of view. With mankind's lust for power that doesn't seem like a completely unrealistic scenario.

Where Earth invades an alien world??

If you mean when humans invade an Alien world then you want the movie Avatar :)

• Brohoof 1

Where Earth invades an alien world??

If you mean when humans invade an Alien world then you want the movie Avatar :)

Ehm like that, but I didn't really like Avatar. I mean humans still use projectile weapons if they are able to travel between stars???

• Brohoof 1

Ehm like that, but I didn't really like Avatar. I mean humans still use projectile weapons if they are able to travel between stars???

Oh well i don't know a movie like that

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...