Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why don't we have a "Banned Users List" topic?

RippedOffMattress

Personally, I'm against the idea of giving banned members any further publicity, so we try to "sweep them away" and move on. Members rarely do anything stupid enough to get themselves banned here, and we like to keep all moderative actions private between the moderators and the rulebreakers. There's really no reason to announce "We banned X today for doing Y!" and to keep a public record of it, in my opinion. We do have a list of banned members and detailed notes on them, but these are generally kept confidential for a reason.

• Brohoof 5

Oftentimes most banned users are trolls, so keeping a list of banned users will end up providing more attention they absolutely crave. So while it's an interesting concept, it might just be more trouble than it's worth.

Yeah, you guys are right. I guess I just like seeing some forum drama like that sometimes. Probably because I was with that forum since 2009, and that forum usually has some good drama in it. But now, I can see why it can be considered as a bad thing. We need less drama than we already have in the MLP community. Especially on an MLP forum.

Edited by RippedOffMattress

Recording banned users in a thread could be a means to quickly inform one user about why another was banned, sure. However, Let's say said inquisitive user truly were concerned about the details pertaining the other's ban. If it concerned them so much, wouldn't they have been acquainted with that banned user enough to have acquired a way outside of MLPForums to contact them by, prior to the banning? I'm sure most would have.

Oftentimes most banned users are trolls, so keeping a list of banned users will end up providing more attention they absolutely crave. So while it's an interesting concept, it might just be more trouble than it's worth.

See, it would serve as more of an entertainment area. Many would scroll through the list, pointing in awe at the the descriptions under troll/spammer account names, which would probably occupy most of the list.