Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

I chose mine because I love old cartoons like Animaniacs and obviously Freakazoid so then I saw the the video of Pinkazoid I found something that sounds awesome in my ears (it somehow turned into my nickname at school) reminds me of my love for that show and is about the best pony ever, so I'm always sticking with Pinkazoid

I was signing up to the Mnecraft forums, and felt like a change from my usual alias of CorruptGod. I looked around the home page for inspiration and saw "Guests signed in: 100" or something similar. I adopted the username of Guest101, pronouncing the number separaely "one oh one". Shortly after, I started my retake year at university. Having failed my first year, I had matured a little from the last time I made an account. I wanted to make a Twitter account, something with a snappy username. I thought "Hmm, Y is a cool letter". I smacked the Y on the end of Guest and got Guesty, but yet it was lacking something, something to make it seem complete. I had been secretly following the entire Minecraft development team on Twitter, and took a liking to Jens' posts about the game. Of course, Jens' Twitter username is "jeb_". After I saw that I realised it was the underscore which completed the name, so I finally made my Twitter account under the alias of "Guesty_"!

Guesty_ is used for a lot of things I do nowadays, such as Twitter, these forums and Reddit to name a few!

I will miss using CorruptGod, as I'd used it since the very early days of Gaia Online, but alas it was time to move on.

So there you have it! I am Guesty_!

TL;DR See above for details ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering what caused everyone to select their name(s) on this site..

If you just used a pony's name just say that:P not much originallity there..

I'll get us started!

sobadnomad: mad dad made my xbox live account 6 years ago without me knowing, sobadnomad has stuck with me ever since! Not too exciting, but it is fitting, I tend to camp a lot.

Got this name from the very similar email account name I have it tied to. I should change it eventually though, because I've been asked the significance of the name and I'm always like "I got nothing" lol.

Was thinking about a name to give my OC, and was thinking of the qualities of pony names. I thought about the sun, but I was like LOL that's Celestia. So I choose the time that I liked the least (Dawn) and added Blazing to it. Viola.

Just wondering what caused everyone to select their name(s) on this site..

Went ahead and merged your thread with an older one. ;)

For those too lazy to go back to the first page, I copied my post under the spoiler.

ZOOP SOUNDS FUNNY WHEN YOU SAY IT

Edited by Zoop
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I invented Arylett years ago. When I was 13. It is A (first letter of my name, favourite letter) + crimson + scarlet with an extra t. It was at first spelled like Arilett. But I changed it to Arylett because it looked better. It was supposed to be a made up word that means "red" which is my favourite colour and a colour that is very important to me on a symbolic level. (It's part of who I am.) I started using it as a name a few years later. But it's a very appropriate name for me.

Dawnsborough was added a while ago when I needed a last name for Arylett. I used to be Arylet Chakra, but I disliked that. So I took the word "dawn" which is a pretty time of day and combined it with Gainsborough from Aerith Gainsborough of Final Fantasy VII since I thought that borough was a part of last names. It's stuck around for a long while, so I just used it on here.

There's also the middle name Charnoa, which I use sometimes. Can't remember quite where that came from, but probably somewhere from Rinoa of Final Fantasy VIII. And Chakra.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
  • Brohoof 1

My story begins waaaay back, about 2002 to be exact ;)

It started with Lolerkiller. Which I used on some sites, like Runescape. (It came from my anger towards the people who just couldn't stop saying lol in chat.(Lolers + Kill = lolerkiller))

I used/use Lolerkiller for alot of sites.

I also went by the name Sir Virginia on some later accounts. (Mostly on RS where I gave out free Iron and bronze armor to the new beginners in the game) This name came from a poster I had in my room, which contained modern day battleships and subs. I looked at a Virginia class submarine and liked the name, so I put Sir infront of it and went with it.

Until 2008-09ish. When I joined the AFOL/TFOL leagues. (AFOL = Adult Fan Of Lego, TFOL = Teenage Fan Of Lego) There I needed a good name and ended up with CastleLord. Which Stuck, well that and my first name; Johan ;) Yes, My first name is Johan :) (I also use The CastleLord on places like Xbox Live.)

Then in 2010 I invented Slictz. Which I use here, on Reddit and Da. It came to me in a flash while I was sitting in front of my Xbox creating a new Live account for Black Ops. So my latest username hasn't got any important history at all... -.-

And that's my complete internett username history.