Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How's my Fluttershy sound?

Fluffy The Dragon

I agree! You have a very good base voice for fluttershy.  One thing I would suggest working on is your emotion.  This is a very fluttershy sounding piece, however it lacks her scared, shy, nervousness.  It sounds like you're kinda bored.  Try thinking about what she might be feeling when she's saying this, and then expressing it (or even over expressing depending on the character) through your voice. Since people can't see your facial expressions, it all depends on how you speak to communicate how the character feels.  Your vocal tone and pitch are both spot on! You have the potential to do an absolutely fantastic fluttershy.

8/10 you're almost there~

• Brohoof 3

i agree with pandoa/bloo a very good base for sure but just work on emulating the shy quiet nervousness that makes all things flutter~ 7.8/10 great job keep up the good work

i agree with pandoa/bloo a very good base for sure but just work on emulating the shy quiet nervousness that makes all things flutter~ 7.8/10 great job keep up the good work

I agree! You have a very good base voice for fluttershy.  One thing I would suggest working on is your emotion.  This is a very fluttershy sounding piece, however it lacks her scared, shy, nervousness.  It sounds like you're kinda bored.  Try thinking about what she might be feeling when she's saying this, and then expressing it (or even over expressing depending on the character) through your voice. Since people can't see your facial expressions, it all depends on how you speak to communicate how the character feels.  Your vocal tone and pitch are both spot on! You have the potential to do an absolutely fantastic fluttershy.

8/10 you're almost there~

Thank you, I was trying to go for an excited emotion (well you know, Fluttershy's version of excited).

ah like when she was all uppity about Rainbow Dash wanting a pet! well then never mind my last post 8/10 for you

(btw there needs to be more flutterdash duet's and just all in all more flutterdash relationship building) 

• Brohoof 1

Good Job!

Although like a few have already mentioned the voice lacks emotion.

For example, in the scene your reenacting Fluttershy's voice shows more excitement than usual while still being in her soft spoken manor to show that she is enjoying the picnic with the critters.

It is good practice to try a range of different emotions when voice acting so that the character has more reality to them.

I'm sure if you watch more of the Fluttershy based episodes you'll be able to identify the different emotions behind her voice that you may be able to mimic to help you progress.

Once again Good Job and Keep It Up!  ;)

• Brohoof 1

If you want to practice something, I could write you up a short monologue for you to read as fluttershy. Instead of trying to copy the show exactly, you could put your own creativeness into it and experiment with it so you aren't bound by show dialogue.

I can only think of when time I ever heard one of the mane six impersonated better, and that was by a professional. I'd say this is really good, although I think it needs to be a little bit more expressive. Otherwise, it's spot on.

ooh :D impressive. It sounds really similar to Fluttershy, but there's something I can't quite put my finger on that sounds kind of different. Oh well, it's still a great impersonation nonetheless. Keep up the good work :)