Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Godzilla 2014

Bright Honor

Godzilla-poster-new.jpg

There is a new Godzilla movie coming out on May 16th, 2014. It will celebrate Godzilla's 60th birthday. It is being worked on by Toho, Warner Bros., and Legendary Pictures. Gareth Edwards, director of Monsters, is directing. It is supposed to be a more serious movie and taking Godzilla back to his roots.

I don't know about you guys, but I am super excited for this movie! :)

• Brohoof 5

I hope that this Godzilla will be good since, the last Godzilla movie was absolutely horrendous but the good news is that Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures are helping to work on it. I just hope that Warner Bros. does not screw a movie like this up.

• Brohoof 2

Awesome news! 

I really liked the cartoon series and the 1998 film so I'm pretty excited for this as well hopefully it will turn out to be a good film :)

I hope that this Godzilla will be good since, the last Godzilla movie was absolutely horrendous but the good news is that Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures are helping to work on it. I just hope that Warner Bros. does not screw a movie like this up.

I don't think they will. If you've been following the movie like I have, Gareth and the team have been very passionate about the project.

I don't think they will. If you've been following the movie like I have, Gareth and the team have been very passionate about the project.

Well then, I'll have to eat my words if they are being passionate about the movie. I should really follow the movie, sadly I got sidetracked by upcoming superhero movies.

Well then, I'll have to eat my words if they are being passionate about the movie. I should really follow the movie, sadly I got sidetracked by upcoming superhero movies.

Hehe there are alot of them nowadays, and they won't slow down thanks to Avengers. But yeah, Gareth and co. have been taking this movie very seriously and staying true to the Godzilla we know and love.

• Brohoof 1

Is this going to be the long-awaited sequel to the Roland Emmerich Godzilla?! I remember being so excited when they dropped that sequel hook at the end of the movie!

Seriously speaking, my feeling on Godzilla is this: you have to be prepared to embrace some camp. Why are the original Godzilla films so awesome to watch for American audiences? Because they're charming and goofy while embracing large-scale destruction done by a giant mutated lizard. The more seriously you take the whole premise, the more obnoxious it becomes.

• Brohoof 1

Is this going to be the long-awaited sequel to the Roland Emmerich Godzilla?! I remember being so excited when they dropped that sequel hook at the end of the movie!

Seriously speaking, my feeling on Godzilla is this: you have to be prepared to embrace some camp. Why are the original Godzilla films so awesome to watch for American audiences? Because they're charming and goofy while embracing large-scale destruction done by a giant mutated lizard. The more seriously you take the whole premise, the more obnoxious it becomes.

This is not a sequel to the 1998 film. This movie has nothing to do with any previous Godzilla film. And trust me there won't be much camp in this one. This will be a true successor to the 1954 film.

it's not a sequel, it is its own independent project. 

lla will be good since, the last Godzilla movie was absolutely horrendous but the good news is that Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures are helping to work on it. I just hope that Warner Bros. does not screw a movie like this up. You and JTP brohoof this. Un-brohoof

That 90's film was pretty bad, a lot of bad attempts on concepts happened in the 90s. You should watch the nostalgia critic on it.

I really hope they get this movie right, just hope it doesn't turn out like that other train wreak, Cloverfield. This one is supposed to follow the story of a solider and apparently there are supposed to be two other monsters besides Godzilla in this new film.

• Brohoof 1

This is not a sequel to the 1998 film. This movie has nothing to do with any previous Godzilla film. And trust me there won't be much camp in this one. This will be a true successor to the 1954 film.

I was joking about the sequel bit. I probably should have added some smilies or something.

Frankly speaking, I don't follow the Godzilla franchise very closely. I can only speak vaguely about the films. That being said, I'm uncertain as to how the themes of the '54 movie (i.e., World War II and nuclear weapons in Japan) will be carried over into a 21st century interpretation.

Yes it seems that Godzilla will be fighting 2 all new monsters in this movie as well. He will also be attacking San Fransico.

Cast members include Aaron Johnson, Bryan Cranston, Ken Watanabe, Elisabeth Olsen, and more.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know about that.  You watch the original 1954 film it has an extremely bleak tone and takes things fairly seriously in spite of the dated special effects.  And a movie like Cloverfield showed that something like this can be done seriously and done well.

Well, if it's anything like the last movie, I really hope the movie is better if it's being directed by the ACTUAL people who created Godzilla which is TOHO studios.

And who knows, maybe the design for Godzilla will look more impressive than the other Godzilla from the american release...

Well first of all I'm pretty sure we already have a thread about this.

Anyhow, I won't say that I am excited to see the movie, but I am looking forward to it :) I like the godzilla movies... How many are there? 42 or something?

Well first of all I'm pretty sure we already have a thread about this.

Anyhow, I won't say that I am excited to see the movie, but I am looking forward to it smile.png I like the godzilla movies... How many are there? 42 or something?

29 if you include the 1998 failure so this would be the 30th one. And that thread if it exists was dead lol.

Apparently Akira Takarada, legendary Godzilla actor, has seen the design. He supposedly claims it's "tall, thin, upright, spiked arms, millennium style plates, small head" and it is "respectful to the Japanese Godzilla.

• 5 months later...