Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Godzilla 2014

Bright Honor

I screamed in sheer delight when my friend linked me to the trailer. Oh boy I really, really hope they include the energy breath attack from the Japan Godzilla.

As long as they won't spend 90% of the movie talking about the monster instead of attacking it, I'll die in peace AS7TPEj.gif

I quite enjoy the lack of emphasis on Godzilla himself in the trailer, instead focusing on what he leaves in his wake. Tone-wise this seems a lot more in keeping with the original vision of the character.

On the other hand, using the monolith music from 2001 is proving very distracting to me...

• Brohoof 1

I'm pleased to find out that this movie is being directed by TOHO studios with special help of american writers, as this makes it sound like the godzilla movie we've been waiting for.

I'm excited for it, and hopefully, it won't be a disaster like the 2001 Godzilla movie......

Okay, this actually looks pretty good. I want to see it. As corny as they were, I did enjoy the older Japanese Godzilla movies as a kid. I never really cared for the American one. This one however, looks like it could actually be decent.

• 5 months later...

I've been following this movie since it's conception, I am beyond hyped for it! Probably going to go see it sometime next weekend, to avoid the crowds. 

I've been following this movie since it's conception, I am beyond hyped for it! Probably going to go see it sometime next weekend, to avoid the crowds. 

I saw it on opening day (yesterday), and there was like nobody in the theater. 

Anyways, this movie was actually pretty good. I can definitely say that I enjoyed it. 

My favorite part was when

Godzilla used his blue nuclear fire beam thing.

(edited)

Just saw it today in IMAX............all i can say is this:

Totally, the movie was amazing. It had everything, drama, a great story and above all else, Godzilla vs. two enemy monsters, the MUTOs. What more can you ask for?

Edited by Kainsword-Kaijin

It was pretty good.  The only problem was that Godzilla her/himself didn't get enough screentime.  Godzilla was a female in the original, but they called it a he in this one, so idk. lol

The end of the fight, you know what i'm talking about, with the mouth, that was really great :yay:

It was pretty good.  The only problem was that Godzilla her/himself didn't get enough screentime.  Godzilla was a female in the original, but they called it a he in this one, so idk. lol

The end of the fight, you know what i'm talking about, with the mouth, that was really great :yay:

Godzilla was never a female. The 1998 movie is not the original. The original was made in 1954, and was from Japan. That 98 abomination doesn't deserve to be called Godzilla.

• Brohoof 1

A while into the battle I was sitting there thinking "why haven't they done that one thing yet?" And then I saw that little flicker through the smoke and I was like whaaat the..OH GOD THEY DID IT!!!! That movie was absolutely amazing, Warner Bros announced already announced a sequel after seeing how big a hit it opened as. Super excited for it

Seen it opening night in 3-D right after work (was my first 3-D viewing since Spy Kids 3, with the red/blue glasses.) So needless to say it was amazing, just what I was expecting. Loved the build up throughtout the entire movie to make the ending so worth it. After three days in the box office and they green lit the second one.

Watched it again in 2-D two on Sunday, and was just as good the second time.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. I actually liked the 90's film, I know its extremely unpopular but it was one of my favourite films at the time :blush:

(edited)

I'm looking forward to seeing this. I actually liked the 90's film, I know its extremely unpopular but it was one of my favourite films at the time :blush:

goes without saying if you were a big dinosaur kid like I was back then 

they only thing I wish was in this though was Mothra I mean who wouldn't want her in it I mean look

Mothra96.png

Edited by MuniMoose

I loved this film. Oh boy did I enjoy it so. To me, it was just about perfect in every way. I had been worried about how they would design Godzilla himself. They did not disappoint. I was relieved to see that not only did they keep his original design, but also adjust little things to make him look more anatomically sleek and monster-like.

Early on, I had hoped that the flying MUTO was in fact Mothra, but looking back on it, I'm glad it was it's own creature. This leaves space in the future for such Mothra battles.

I am definitely going to buy this when available, and do hope for more movies in the future. Bring on Mothra and King Ghidorah!

goes without saying if you were a big dinosaur kid like I was back then 

they only thing I wish was in this though was Mothra I mean who wouldn't want her in it I mean look

img-2656897-1-Mothra96.png

Nailed it in one, I still love dinosaurs to this day. :yay:

That moth scares me greatly, I'm not very good with insects :blush: