Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just Realized Something About Trixie

ShadOBabe

Wow... This has probably already been talked about plenty, but no one ever mentioned it this way to me. Sure, part of it was her fault for being a liar and humiliating the Mane 6... but I just realized something kind of awful about what happened to her after her first visit to Ponyville.

Trixie IS a showpony and her talent (aka, her reason for living) is putting on Magic Shows, something that requires some trickery and exaggeration. She took it too far, but after leaving Ponyville she said she couldn't perform ANYWHERE.

The severity of this differs depending on how you view cutie marks, but basically, it seems boil down to this:

Due to Trixie's mistakes and being shown up in Ponyville, she wasn't able to do what she loved anymore.

She wasn't able to perform her special gift anymore.

She wasn't able to fulfill her reason for living...

... Jeez, that's harsh.

No wonder she went kind of nutty and went after the Alicorn Amulet. Kinda like Pinkie in Party of One.

Yeah taking over a town is going a bit too far, but the Amulet DOES corrupt. Not sure if she would have done THAT had she been herself. She probably just wanted to show up Twi's magic abilities.

Hey what if her taking over Ponyville was just a bitterness-fueled fantasy she had had in the back of her head? Not something she'd actually do, just something that made her feel a little better when angry. But then when she put the Amulet on, it made her act out all those bitter fantasies.

I don't know.

I was never one of Trixie's biggest fans (I didn't DISLIKE her, just didn't really care).

But that makes me feel kinda bad for her.

(EDIT: Fudge, I'm sleepy. If anyone comments and I don't answer, sorry about bailing. TL;DR Version of this Thread: I feel bad for Trixie, which hasn't really happened to me before)

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

Hmm I didn't really think about it like that. When you really think about it this show is kinda cruel at times...

I know right? Jeez....

The problem is that the Mane 6 overreacted to what Trixie is supposed to do. She's supposed to boast, it's all part of the performance. But of course, the Mane 6 are just jealous bias jerks. >:l

Eh, no I don't think "jealous" or "biased" works here.

I think "thin-skinned" might be better. They did overreact. They could have just rolled their eyes and walked off. It's what I would of done.

Trixie would have likely left town in a few days.

But Trixie went beyond boasting to straight up lying, and then what she did to AJ, RD, and Rarity went WAY beyond just putting them in their place. It was plain mean-spirited. But AGAIN, the Ursa Minor wasn't any fault of her's. It was Snips and Snails who brought it to town. And to Trixie's credit, she didn't run away and did try to do SOMETHING to stop the Ursa.

It's unfortunate that she put all the blame on Twilight.

Just a case of misplaced anger I suppose.

And to Trixie's credit, she didn't run away and did try to do SOMETHING to stop the Ursa.

True, Trixie did try and stop the Uras, but I feel like she only did that to protect the lie. Not the town.

Still you bring up a good point about, Trixie not being able to do what she loved. I feel like after she started lying, she forgot why she loved to preform magic. Trixie only did it for the fame. 

• Brohoof 1

True, Trixie did try and stop the Uras, but I feel like she only did that to protect the lie. Not the town.

Still you bring up a good point about, Trixie not being able to do what she loved. I feel like after she started lying, she forgot why she loved to preform magic. Trixie only did it for the fame.

That's true.

Yeah, Trixies shows bacame about one-upping other ponies and making herself look better than others, rather than about her actually performing magic for people. True she was still showing off her magic BY humiliating other ponies, but it was mostly for her own benefit rather than to make other ponies smile and be entertained.

• Brohoof 1