Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on the Equestria Games

Forlong

Well, it's been mentioned in two episodes already, so what are your thoughts on the Equestria Games?  When will we see them?  What will happen in them?

I think the season villain will make his move during the Equestria Games.  Makes sense, as most of the leadership will be busy.

As for when, I see it being about half-way through the season.

• Brohoof 1

My first thought:

Olympic_Rings.png

It's a pretty exciting thing, from a show perspective - we haven't seen a whole lot in the way of sports besides flyers. I assume there will be flying groups there, but outside that I'm trying to figure out what exactly to ponies play?

We've seen a football (American, or egghand) helmet on Fluttershy before although I think that was just for comic relief, not something insinuating that football is a sport in Equestria.

Wrestling is something I thought of that ponies could potentially participate in (I'm looking at you, Snowflake!). Maybe gymnastics? :3

I am fairly sure that the Equestria Games are going to make an appearance in the show fairly soon. We had much build up to it now. We might even have more in the future. It's the new "Grand Galloping Gala" in a sense. It would be a wasted opportunity not to show it and I can't wait to see what it's like to be honest :lol:!

I am fairly sure that the Equestria Games are going to make an appearance in the show fairly soon. We had much build up to it now. We might even have more in the future. It's the new "Grand Galloping Gala" in a sense. It would be a wasted opportunity not to show it and I can't wait to see what it's like to be honest :lol:!

I have to agree. They got this far with the concept so they might as well keep going with it. I hope they do.

• Brohoof 1

I actually thought the games were going to be in last weeks episode before it aired, but I was wrong. They are definitely building up to this event though and would, also should, happen soon deeper into the season.

Edited by JRex95

I still have so many questions surrounding the Equestria Games, they should show more events that we would expect everypony to be participating in. The writers are building all of it up for something.

Scootalove, on 16 Dec 2013 - 3:36 PM, said:

I still have so many questions surrounding the Equestria Games, they should show more events that we would expect everypony to be participating in. The writers are building all of it up for something.

I was thinking this too. What if something goes wrong at the games? What if the next villain strikes?

• Brohoof 1

I was thinking this too. What if something goes wrong at the games? What if the next villain strikes?

Two minds think alike, the writers must take advantage of this with a new villain attacking or show anything involving the games.

• Brohoof 1

Well it definitely looks like there's going to be an episode about the Equestria Games after there have been two episodes of build-up. After all, The Ticket Master and Suited For Success both referenced the Grand Galloping Gala which was finally featured in The Best Night Ever. I think this is going to be a same case scenario. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Equestria Games during the middle of the season or towards the end. 

I'm a sucker for episodes that feature or center around competitions or events, and Celestia knows there have been plenty of them. I'm hoping the Mane Six will participate in some way. :)

• Brohoof 1

I feel like it's going to be a GGG thing. Like they'll put it right at the end of the season if they haven't got something else planned  

the tripple g redux?

oh God.  I think it would only get rainbow dash down if it ended up being a shit night.  I'm not sure twilight would care that much, she's a beurocrat lol (more than princess at least) as long as she got to mod over everything she'd likely be happy.

I'm not sure we could do the exact same gag with flutter shy getting peeved at exotic animals and it sitll being good, or Aj being mad no one wants her apple products, thought it would hurt alot more coming form bleach bummers caling her apple stuffs garbage as apposed to stuffy blue bloods.

I could see pinkie geting the crowd going even with not knowing what's going on. 

not sure what rairty will be doing there?

Designing the uniforms?