Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stop supporting Google's search engine

sippie

Everything you type in that search engine is being seen and tracked and it can have bad consequense for you. Still not convinced? Check these links and you probably will be shocked. The links are fun to read because it contains pics with it.

http://donttrack.us/

http://dontbubble.us/

http://whatisdnt.com/

Stop supporting Google, they will destroy us.

oh and the search engine that is mentioned in the link is: duckduckgo, give it a try people. You can customize the search engine (colors etc).

And i will make a thread in the future to show how you can protect yourself!

Edited by Artemis
Restored post to earlier version that still had some content in it.

Hey, is it me? Or is this somewhat suspicious knowing that these 3 links are advertising DuckDuckGo?

And besides, I make sure that I go to search settings and to "Not save searches" and "not to give out my location". :catface:

• Brohoof 6

I would but, I make sure that I keep my location a secret on Google. :P

That does not work as much as you thought it would, read the links if you want.

Hey, is it me? Or is this somewhat suspicious knowing that these 3 links are advertising DuckDuckGo?

And besides, I make sure that I go to search settings and to "Not save searches" and "not to give out my location". :catface:

The links are indeed from Duckduckgo.

Did you even read the links? Those things do not work as much as you thought it would. Give the links a try.

Edited by sippie

Facebook, Twitter, Google, Amazon, and so many others do the same. Yeah they do get some of your information, but they usually use it well. With Facebook as an example, they recommend friends to me that are in my area, as well as keep the advertising local.  Many of these sites have an option to stop that, as well as not allowing to share information to third-party sites. It doesn't bother me, unless I find them doing something bad with it.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, that's really creepy, however, it's the internet.  You'll be able to be tracked down if someone really wants to anyway.  I've already used google so often, it's too late to switch anyway.

Nope not too late at all.

Facebook, Twitter, Google, Amazon, and so many others do the same. Yeah they do get some of your information, but they usually use it well. With Facebook as an example, they recommend friends to me that are in my area, as well as keep the advertising local.  Many of these sites have an option to stop that, as well as not allowing to share information to third-party sites. It doesn't bother me, unless I find them doing something bad with it.

"Use it well", don't know if i should agree with that. And did you know that those sites still track you after you offline? What you are doing, which site's you visit?

Or you could just not search for things that are... you know... illegal.

If you're not doing anything illegal then why the fuck would you care if they're logging what you search? It's 2013 people, learn to use a VPN.

EDIT: 5249707050tinfoilhatxla.jpg I made you a Christmas present.

Edited by Ell_EssEss*
  • Brohoof 5

How do you do that? lol I don't want them spyin, dem creeps. >_>

• Brohoof 1

You don't think so?  I've been using it for so long, couldn't they track me if they wanted to?  I'm concerned about it of course, but I just feel that I've used it so long they already have a profile on me.

"Use it well", don't know if i should agree with that. And did you know that those sites still track you after you offline? What you are doing, which site's you visit?

What if you don't have a Facebook anymore? Do they lose connection?

And did you know that those sites still track you after you offline? What you are doing, which site's you visit?
 Yep, Target was the first notorious one to do that. Again, a business strategy. If you been  searching propane you'll start seeing propane and propane accessories ads.
  • Brohoof 4

I'm not going to stop using Google's search engine just because they track you. Here's a brilliant idea, don't look up terrible or illegal shit and you have nothing to be worried about. Stop overreacting. 

• Brohoof 5

Or you could just not search for things that are... you know... illegal.

If you're not doing anything illegal then why the fuck would you care if they're logging what you search? It's 2013 people, learn to use a VPN.

EDIT: 5249707050tinfoilhatxla.jpg I made you a Christmas present.

VPN? No thanks, i rather not connect with unknown servers.  Did you even read the links?

How do you do that? lol I don't want them spyin, dem creeps. >_>

This, stop the spying. I updated my post, the search engine that is mentioned is: duckduckgo, you can customize things like colors and etc. Give it a try.

You don't think so?  I've been using it for so long, couldn't they track me if they wanted to?  I'm concerned about it of course, but I just feel that I've used it so long they already have a profile on me.

They got already info of you, but you can make it stop. Stop using Google and start using an anti tracker. Don't know which browser you are using. Disconnect and Ghostery are good one's.

What if you don't have a Facebook anymore? Do they lose connection?

You mean if your Facebook account is deleted? They still have data of your tracking behaviour. But since you won't go to Facebook anymore, they can't track you because you simply stopped using facebook. If you are worried about being tracked, use ghostery or disconnected. Those are good add ons.

VPN? No thanks, i rather not connect with unknown servers.  Did you even read the links?

Click links? No thanks, I'd rather not click unknown links that might be IP loggers.

Seriously though, this tin-foil hat era needs to end. No one cares what you're searching for and you shouldn't really care if people are watching what you're searching unless you're doing something shady.

I'm a pro-piracy advocate but if people are idiotic enough to get caught then fuck them, they deserve the punishment they get. 

I bet most of the people in here that do all of this 'do not track' shit are using Google Chrome as well which is just hilarious XD

Edited by Ell_EssEss*
  • Brohoof 3

They got already info of you, but you can make it stop. Stop using Google and start using an anti tracker. Don't know which browser you are using. Disconnect and Ghostery are good one's.

I use Chrome as my browser, but if they already have a profile on me, they can still track me, so that's why I don't see the point of changing.

I use Chrome as my browser, but if they already have a profile on me, they can still track me, so that's why I don't see the point of changing.

Chromium is a fine browser to use, it's what Google Chrome is based on. If you like the features of Chrome but don't want Google's supposed "tracking" then just use Chromium.

https://download-chromium.appspot.com <- That is the official windows pre-built version, you'll notice the "Maintained by Chromium Team" footer on the site.

Edited by Ell_EssEss*

Chromium is a fine browser to use, it's what Google Chrome is based on. If you like the features of Chrome but don't want Google's supposed "tracking" then just use Chromium.

https://download-chromium.appspot.com <- That is the official windows pre-built version, you'll notice the "Maintained by Chromium Team" footer on the site.

I meant I use Google Chrome. :P

Click links? No thanks, I'd rather not click unknown links that might be IP loggers.

Seriously though, this tin-foil hat era needs to end. No one cares what you're searching for and you shouldn't really care if people are watching what you're searching unless you're doing something shady.

I'm a pro-piracy advocate but if people are idiotic enough to get caught then fuck them, they deserve the punishment they get. 

I bet most of the people in here that do all of this 'do not track' shit are using Google Chrome as well which is just hilarious XD

Oh sure, i care so much about your IP! not..

No one cares? Sorry but you seem very close minded.

Some people may do, because they don't understand it, no need to laugh at them.

Nope, if you use an anti tracker then they won't. I will make a thread in the future to explain a bit more on this.

If you want to search something illegal use the TOR browser instead of firefox or chrome. This thing jumbles up your IP so badly that nothing can track you down (but it takes time to load up a page). Then go the hidden wiki then browse the online illegal stuff. Only an idiot would use a normal browser yet Google alone to search up illegal stuff.

Oh sure, i care so much about your IP! not..

No one cares? Sorry but you seem very close minded.

Some people may do, because they don't understand it, no need to laugh at them.

Nope, if you use an anti tracker then they won't. I will make a thread in the future to explain a bit more on this.

No one does care about what you're searching for... Unless you're searching for indecent images of children, animals etc. or other illegal items then nothing is going to come of it.

It's just people that overreact about this shit that wind me up. Google aren't going to turn up at your door one day with a notepad filled with all the things that YOU have personally searched for. You're an anonymous statistic, nothing more.

I know. You also said about you're reluctant to switch browsers though. If you want a browser that is Chrome but without all the tracking shit then use the link I posted :3

Oooh, cool, thanks. :3

So they can't even get a profile on me anymore?