Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shanks

This show has plenty of great characters with a lot of potential for further development but I think a few in particular stand out for me.

Applejack: I of course have to mention AJ, Applejack is commonly viewed as the "boring one" because of a perceived lack of flaws and defining traits which is kind of a shame. But when I see Applejack I see a strong young mare who went through quite a bit in life yet has managed to become successful where a lot of other ponies would have fallen apart. It is unlikely but I would like some elaboration on Applejack's parents, the closest we got to this were the subtle hints in Apple Family Reunion and Applejack's singled minded desire to make everything perfect to honor the memory of her parents which I found incredibly moving and reminded me of my own desires to do the same with my father who passed away not too long ago. Applejack also has a strong closely knit family chock full of interesting characters with all sorts of opportunities to explore such as Granny Smith, Applebloom, Big Macintosh and Braeburn which could as we have seen in Apple Family Reunion greatly compliment Applejack's character.

Rarity: Rarity has her vain and shallow sides which is something even her fans will admit, but it seems in a lot of cases they don't know what to do with her. Her episodes are good but some of her supporting roles could use a bit of work. Rarity is a character rife with conflict with her desires to be one of the "important ponies" to her loyalties to her friends, to her reluctance to get her hooves dirty yet desire to please her sister and conflict if written right can make for some good storytelling.

Zecora: She has that shaman mystic vibe to her and we don't know all that much about her or her species. We know she is incredibly intelligent and has access to knowledge that the others, even Twilight Sparkle does not know much of it I am sure from her people. This presents a ton of opportunities for world building and development for other characters as she has shown she makes an excellent mentor and voice of reason.

Celestia: We have seen a great deal of Celestia the ruler and mentor but not much of her the pony. How does she feel about her job? Does she ever get burned out? What does she do for fun? What is her relationship with Luna like now? And since she has lived for such a long time I am sure she has seen a great deal of things.

Luna: We have seen that Luna is far from perfect and have seen her struggles to re adapt to modern, mainstream pony society but such an adjustment dosen't happen overnight. And I am curious as to what Luna's thoughts are on Twilight's ascension as well as a few other things.

• Brohoof 4

Ehh, I don't know what pony has the most potential. But I think there could be more to Silverspoon than meets the eye.

I feel like she doesn't like being mean... She doesn't really try as hard as DT does. She just repeats everything Diamond Tiara says because she's basically her goonie. I wonder if they're actually friends. I want to know if Silverspoon actually feels appreciated by Diamond Tiara, or if the bossiness of DT makes SS roll her eyes.

I'm curious because I used to be best friends with a mean girl and I hated being around her, but we still hung out everyday. We both hated each other and didn't get along, but we still hung out because she was bossy and dramatic and nobody else was willing to put up with her. It was a miserable friendship, but she needed me for the sake of not being alone... She was weak when she was alone.

I want to know if it's a similar story between those two.

• Brohoof 4

There are a lot of characters in the actual series I could go on about having a lot of potencial but let's only choose a selected few.

Applejack: Despite her being my favorite mare and therefore I think she has the best potencial in general, she actually is quite mysterious. While she is always being the honest type, we haven't heard much about her except for the story when she got her cutie mark, it's just Applejack seems to be the kind of character who is worrying about others and neglecting herself, eventually ending up working too much and forcing her body to go on. I'd really like to hear more about what is going on in her mind, what she thinks, what she does when not working or spending time with her friends and several other things.

Big Macintosh: One family member done, let's go on with another one. Big Mac, just like his sister, is a big secret. Okay, he might not be a main character but a very popular side character. I honestly believe that Big Mac might be very smart but actually is the calm type who prefers being for himself rather than talking to other ponies, therefore he doesn't put much effort into conversations and mostly answers with Eeeeyup and Nope. Also: Who are Big Macintosh's friends, does he not have many friends because he is not talking much? I could go on with the other Apple Family members as well but that would take too much time.

Chrysalis/Changelings: I know, she is a villain but I think there might be some interesting Backstory to her. Unlike other Changelings her appearance is unique, how did she become a queen, was she born a queen? Could we consider them like bees serving that one queen? What do we know about Changelings? They can transform themselves, they feed on love and can control other minds (at least Chrysalis). Where are they from? What are they planning? Where have they been exiled at? So many questions regarding the Changelings but almost no answers. Couldn't it be very possible for  banished Changelings to actually be citizens of Equestria while disguising as normal ponies?

Wonderbolts: The Wonderbolts, Rainbow Dash dreams to become one of them, they have a lot of potencial and might even be a good choice for a spinoff show of MLP if used correctly. Despite being the Royal Flyers, what exactly do they do? How long do they practise? What are their duties?

Sweetie Belle: While Applebloom and Scootaloo each had pretty much their own main focused episode, Sweetie Belle seems like the character out of those three with the least progress in the show. While Scootaloo and Applebloom could be seen like Rainbow Dash and Applejack but smaller, Sweetie Belle just seems to be thrown in there. To be honest with you guys, I don't really know anything about Sweetie Belle except for being a member of the CMC, being Rarity's younger sister and loving to sing. I would really love to see an episode of her trying to become like her sister, Rarity, and making dresses by herself and showing them to Rarity (would totally make me D'awwww).

I'm not going into detail on other characters because I'm already awfully close to 2500 Characters...

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy is comedy gold.

I think season 4 will be remembered as her off season.

I think practically anyone has the potential to be interesting.  I mean i think they made diamond tiara hella fun in the last cmc episode.

I think the writing staff

would have done at least an okay job if they would have used flash sentry,

judging by what they've done in season 4.

Ha he's in the box (LOL).