Which pony do you most identify with?

starrymiss

I'm watching A Friend in Deed in Season 2, and I'm realizing that I relate to Cranky Doodle waaaay more than I'd like to. LOL.

I love the lesson of this episode, though. Reminding people that some friends are introverts, and it's okay if they want some space. You don't see that kind of thing a lot in cartoons.

• Brohoof 3

I find this question hard to answer with one specific answer. I relate to different ponies in different ways, to varying degrees. Heck, I can even relate to Pinkie to a degree, specifically with how depressed she can get, and how her emotions seem to be out of control. But, I'll narrow it down to four for the response to this thread specifically.

• Twilight and Moon Dancer, both. Twilight in the early seasons has a lot of resemblance to me. Passionate about one very specific thing, somewhat of an outcast, and hardly saying anything when she had problems. I relate to Moon Dancer in a similar way, but not exactly the same. The difference being that I relate to her specifically more for her apparent social anxiety (in "Amending Fences"). This relatability is why I consider both of them best pony, and I can't really choose one.
  • Maud Pie. I never really liked Maud Pie very much, but I find her obsession with rocks relatable, although it isn't about rocks. It's about the extremity of her obsession with them. I relate to that in the sense that I have a very similar obsession with gaming as a whole. It also makes her very relatable that she hardly ever says anything to anyone, and most of the time it's semi-robotic sounding. I don't sound like she does, but there's generally a lack of emotion when I talk most of the time, that I think others pick up on.
  • Big Macintosh. I think the fact he remained silent for most of the show's run says enough here. If it wasn't already made obvious, I can empathize with extreme introverts being one myself. He's also relatable in my mind because, when he DOES talk, he's usually saying one word like a broken record. In my case, I say "Fine" as a general response to "How are you doing?" or the et cetera. In his case it's "Eeyup" in response to something of the such as a statement he agrees with.
  • Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Dusk Noire said:

I find this question hard to answer with one specific answer. I relate to different ponies in different ways, to varying degrees. Heck, I can even relate to Pinkie to a degree, specifically with how depressed she can get, and how her emotions seem to be out of control. But, I'll narrow it down to four for the response to this thread specifically.

• Twilight and Moon Dancer, both. Twilight in the early seasons has a lot of resemblance to me. Passionate about one very specific thing, somewhat of an outcast, and hardly saying anything when she had problems. I relate to Moon Dancer in a similar way, but not exactly the same. The difference being that I relate to her specifically more for her apparent social anxiety (in "Amending Fences"). This relatability is why I consider both of them best pony, and I can't really choose one.
  • Maud Pie. I never really liked Maud Pie very much, but I find her obsession with rocks relatable, although it isn't about rocks. It's about the extremity of her obsession with them. I relate to that in the sense that I have a very similar obsession with gaming as a whole. It also makes her very relatable that she hardly ever says anything to anyone, and most of the time it's semi-robotic sounding. I don't sound like she does, but there's generally a lack of emotion when I talk most of the time, that I think others pick up on.
  • Big Macintosh. I think the fact he remained silent for most of the show's run says enough here. If it wasn't already made obvious, I can empathize with extreme introverts being one myself. He's also relatable in my mind because, when he DOES talk, he's usually saying one word like a broken record. In my case, I say "Fine" as a general response to "How are you doing?" or the et cetera. In his case it's "Eeyup" in response to something of the such as a statement he agrees with.

Interesting choices :mlp_icwudt: I like that you broke it all down to the parts that really apply to you. Was a good read! Also, good to hear from another extreme introvert. 

Applejack. Get-crap-done, no bells or whistles, function-over-form, really hate having to lie. Not much of a country person, but she'd still be Applejack away from the farm.One major difference is that I don't really care much about family, tho.

Big Mac: Talking too much has gotten me into trouble plenty of times, I don't really talk that much any more and am trying to limit my immaturity to be a stronger and better person overall. I'm also somewhat introverted even if I don't look like it. I live on what used to be a farm, and I live in the country sort of like he does. I say one word replies when asked questions, sometimes.

Nightmare Moon: Sometimes I feel abandoned by others, I can get easily vengeful by that sometimes. I'm jealous of alot of things though I know what I already have, is fine enough. I quite like the night, better than the day. It's dark, and cooler over all and I sleep, and get some nice dreams. Nightmare Moon is quite knowledgeable in alot of things, which I am too.

Trixie: Not so much as her openly bragging of herself, openly tricking others, its more of the underlining pride in what I do, I take pride in my work and do the best I can. 

• Brohoof 1

Rarity 100%

Creative and always working on something, even if I'm just planning it out in my head. Generous too, but like Rarity, I like to do what I know is best without necessarily wanting input from lesser ponies others as to how I provide it. And let's face it, she and I are somewhat obsessed with the art of Fabulousness. There are worse things to be. :mlp_proud:

• Brohoof 1

Being introvert is quite hard, as on my example, but it's possible to live in.

I can relate to Starlight Glimmer much, and much, and more, because of very relatable and similar situations - relationships, ways of thinking, sometimes even dobtful moral backbones. I just personate myself with Her and I'm somehow proud of it. 

• Brohoof 3

I think I've mentioned it before but I can relate to Applejack and Twilight Sparkle. Similar to AJ, I live out in the country and speak with a southern accent. I share many of the same interests as Twilight Sparkle, such as astronomy and science in general. I mean, she even mentioned a catadioptric telescope in S2E20 "It's about Time"! :ticking:

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

There is no other pony that understands me as the beautiful Glimmy does. She is so unique she gives me peace of mind and tells me that all the mistakes I make are those that will make me a better person.

Glimmy isn't a character like none of Mane Six, who looking to little girls to want to be like them when they grow up, who are reflected in the future, but Starlight is THE PRESENT, she doesn't have any of those hobbies like fashion, parties or books or the goals they had in the first seasons, she lives the present, and that is what makes her so similar to me, we do not have obsessions nor do we live thinking about a future, 'cause present is most important .

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2019-12-14 at 12:48 AM, Jane said:

There is no other pony that understands me as the beautiful Glimmy does. She is so unique she gives me peace of mind and tells me that all the mistakes I make are those that will make me a better person.

Glimmy isn't a character like none of Mane Six, who looking to little girls to want to be like them when they grow up, who are reflected in the future, but Starlight is THE PRESENT, she doesn't have any of those hobbies like fashion, parties or books or the goals they had in the first seasons, she lives the present, and that is what makes her so similar to me, we do not have obsessions nor do we live thinking about a future, 'cause present is most important .

Wow! I could never have said it better! :eager: Starlight is also the pony I can identify the most with. I have some things in common with most ponies, but it's not enough to completely identify with them. Fluttershy for example, she likes tea parties and animals. I do too, but...it's more like drinking one or two cups of tea per week for me. And I like animals not enough...I would never wrap my whole life around them and take care of them almost 24/7.

But like Starlight, I am not perfect. We both learn from our mistakes and always improve. We both know what deep darkness, but also light, feels like - we would understand and support each other. She feels so real and this makes her so relatable. I feel like we also could do anything together and we would be happy. She went on travels with Trixie, she is open-minded about these things, adventures, or "crazy" ideas. Or her love for kite flying, she enjoys simple things too. And she has very interesting friends, she is very acceptable. :) And we even share the same kind of humor! :eager: And if I could use magic, I would love study this stuff with her too. Sunburst and Trixie would join too and it would be so much fun! :pinkie:

• 1 year later...

Out of the better-known ponies, AJ comes to mind. I also prefer when things are straightforward and clear, and I prefer to do everything by myself as much as I'm able. Also, I found myself really liking Black Belle from the Generations comics. I can be kind of verbose in my language like she is, and I like that her evil plans are laid out like little math problems :P

• 2 weeks later...