Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you prefer for pony names

Spikey-Wikey

For Sweetie Drops, loads of people call her Bon Bon, her name is Sweetie Drops, I don't get why so much people call her Bon Bon.

For Minuette, some people call her Colgate, I think Minuette is a much cuter name.

For Amethyst Star, some people call her Sparkler, Sparkler sounds too plain, Amethyst is better.

I didn't even know that was Bon Bon's real name. She's called Bon Bon because that's what her cutie mark is and the names more catchy. People are usually called the name they're well known for, so I see no explanation needed. Except that we named Colgate because she's the color of the toothpaste

I like minuette too in fact I didn't know people called her Colgate... Golden harvest I call carrot top and I call DJ-P0N3 Vinyl Scratch too...

But I guess I just try to call them by the name they are most recognisable by...

I don't get why so much people call her Bon Bon.

Back when the design was featured in season one, many bronies from 4chan saw how she and the cutie mark for FIM!Bon Bon resembled the Bon Bon from Tales.

Here's a picture of Bon Bon from G1 (from the MLP Wiki):

Bon_Bon.jpg

The big differences are how she has one wrapped-up candy as the cutie mark, more saturated yellow, and reddish-purple hair.

(Bon Bon, BTW, is an official name for the G4 pony, as given to her in the Gameloft game.)

For me:

1. Colgate over Minuette
  2. Derpy way over every other conceived name (and Ditzy and Derpy are not the same character).
  3. Snowflake or Horse Power over Roid Rage and Bulk Biceps
  4. Dr. Whooves over Time Turner and well over Dr. Hooves
  5. Vinyl Scratch over DJ P0n-3
  6. Lyra over Heartstrings
  7. Carrot Top over Golden Harvest
  8. Sparkler or Amethyst Star, I use interchangeably
  9. Cloudchaser over Stormwalker. (I use "Stormwalker" as a last name for both Cloudchaser and Flitter.)
Edited by Dark Qiviut

For me:

• Colgate over Minuette
  • Derpy way over every other conceived name (and Ditzy and Derpy are not the same character).
  • Snowflake or Horse Power over Roid Rage and Bulk Biceps
  • Dr. Whooves over Time Turner and well over Dr. Hooves
  • Vinyl Scratch over DJ P0n-3
  • Lyra over Heartstrings
  • Carrot Top over Golden Harvest
  • Sparkler or Amethyst Star, I use interchangeably
  • Cloudchaser over Stormwalker. (I use "Stormwalker" as a last name for both Cloudchaser and Flitter.)

Yeah I prefer Doctor Whooves over Time Turner... But I thought Lyra Heartstrings was lyra's full name... That's how it appears on toys

At first, I thought this was a thread about pony naming criterion, but when I checked it out, I was like, "Oh... alternate names."

Derpy Hooves over Ditzy Doo because Derpy Hooves is cuter.

Colgate over Minuette because Colgate represents the similarities between her colour palette and Colgate's.

Dr. Whooves over Time Turner because it's simply a reference to Dr. Who.

Vinyl Scratch over DJ-P0N3 because the latter sounds very noobish and childish.

Lyra over Heartstrings because her cutie mark's a lyre.