Why are Twilight and Spike both purple?

Grumpy Enchantress

You'd think they would be different colors to keep the scenes with them more interesting looking since they live together and stuff, right? I also think it  accidentally implies they're related when they aren't since he isn't even the same species. What do you guys think?

• Brohoof 1

Ehh what does this have to do with anything?

you are asking us something that no one besides Faust(Who designed the designs)

• Brohoof 1

post-14040-0-80944600-1376583846.png
Credits to Mint Drop for an awesome Sig.

Going by that logic ANY pony or creature of the same color is related.  Rarity is related to Celestia, Pinkie Pie to Cheriliee to Cadence, Rainbow Dash to Photo Finish and so on.  There's nothing wrong with them being similar colors, its ascetically pleasing.

• Brohoof 1

It's the artist's decision.  He/she can make the characters in whatever fashion they choose.    

Edited by ~Asuka <3~

#1 Asuka fanboy.  

Signature created by Thunder Bolt.

Former names:   Dash Is Best Pony, TrixieLover97, and Twilightlicious 666

I would just think that it was symbolic of Twilight being a mother for Spike. Other than that, I can only imagine that Faust thought purple fit best with Spike, or that it was her favourite colour so she could place it onto her most important characters (not that the Mane 6 aren't important though!)

Because Purple is a badass color. It was the color of royalty back in the day.

Asides from Twilight, and Spike who are simultaneously best pony, many other great things come in this splendid color as well.

Delicious Grape Flavored Faygo.

033W639878130001__15627_thumb.jpg

Espeon. (One of my all time favorite Pokémon.)

Espeon.png

Gamzee Makara, who is one of my favorite Homestuck characters. On the topic of Gamzee, I'm currently in possession of a purple Hero of Rage sweatshirt. :squee:

261161_118549818237968_2086632277_n.jpg

So to sum it up, Spike and Twilight are purple because they are simply awesome.

On a random note, my state's football team has purple in it's colors as well. :D

• Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-79770000-1395439789.png

Credit for the signature goes to Kyoshi

Going by that logic ANY pony or creature of the same color is related.  Rarity is related to Celestia, Pinkie Pie to Cheriliee to Cadence, Rainbow Dash to Photo Finish and so on.  There's nothing wrong with them being similar colors, its ascetically pleasing.

They don't live together so it's WAY different.  :derp: Sweetie Belle and Rarity are related and they have the same coat color. Coincidence? I think not.  :blink:

They complement each other... But I'm sure you're that poster who likes to cause debate so this is my final word on the subject

The complementary color for purple is yellow, not purple again.  :wacko: Also, I don't like to cause date, just conversation.  :)

It's the artist's decision.  He/she can make the characters in whatever fashion they choose.    

But was it a bad decision?  :P

I would just think that it was symbolic of Twilight being a mother for Spike. Other than that, I can only imagine that Faust thought purple fit best with Spike, or that it was her favourite colour so she could place it onto her most important characters (not that the Mane 6 aren't important though!)

But Spike is way more of a slave or pet, in my opinion.  :wacko:

Well, old G1 spike was purple. Over time, Twilight Sparkle went through many color changes and ended up being purple in this generation.

So yeah, they both ended up purple.

aNSgamg.png

*Click the picture to join the Nega-Bronies!*

"Every cloud has a silver lining" *except for the mushroom-shaped ones which have a lining of Caesium-127, Strontium-90 and other radioactive isotopes.

My OC: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/krazie-taco-r3366

• 1 year later...

They don't live together so it's WAY different. :derp: Sweetie Belle and Rarity are related and they have the same coat color. Coincidence? I think not. :blink:

Huh?

The complementary color for purple is yellow, not purple again. :wacko: Also, I don't like to cause date, just conversation. :)

But was it a bad decision? :P

No its not a bad decision

But Spike is way more of a slave or pet, in my opinion. :wacko:

But to 99% of fanbase..twiligt is a big sis/mom to spike

Because Twilight Sparkle shares her colour scheme with a previous incarnation of Twilight Sparkle from one of the earlier generations I believe.

As for spike... dunno... quite a few dragons are purple, Like Spyro XD Who knows, maybe his colours are a jab at Barney the Dinosaur XD

no_one_bucks_with_rainbow_dash_stamp_by_  

My OC's:  MalinterRahl, Vengeful impact & alias-the-marked-one

First fic i've written since forever here

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier." most legendary quote ever.

Color theory. Purple is the color that represents knowledge and wisdom and twilight as we all know is really into learning new things, knowledge, and reading stories so it has to do with twilights character traits and the designers were probably trying to visually portay who twlight is.