Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Funny/embarrasing/awkward moments about closet bronyhood!

Cheyleew

so i was talking to my parents about dragoncon, and i said its even a fun place for mlp fans. she was like what? and i said, you know, bronies. she was like >_> . "bro's who like ponies?" "....yeah." she looked at my dad. "did you know about this?" he said he didn't care. she was like "i don't like my duaghter being a fan of a show watched by thirty year old men." :okiedokielokie:  then she went on talking about it. i was like :blink: . my dad said, "how fascinating." then he rolled over and went to sleep.

• Brohoof 2

Though I am not really a closet brony anymore...

Let get this over with... >_>

1. Explaining to my mother what a brony was.

2. Her wierd but nice reaction.

3. Seeing my friends wierd faces at the lunch table when they see my Twilight Sparkle wallpaper on my phone.

tKBi4Sf.png

(Though this is my current...)

4. Locking my door overnight so I could put my earbuds in to listen to remixes of "Helping Twilight win the crown" all night long.

5. Furiously trying to flip the channel when watching MLP when my dad walks in. 

Edited by Techite Sparkle
  • Brohoof 3

My mom managed to listen to Smile - The living tombstones remix and asked what is was

I nearly died.

But told her it was some kind of prank. (It worked, phew)

Then I almost died of relief

My one friend saw a mlp song in my playlist (I have like 90% mlp music on my music list... So safe, hey?)

I just said that is was for pranks and it was a joke song (My little smoky, weed is magic, dunno how I got that tho :P

Maybe the fact that my most listened song are all from Glaze and that I'm obsesivly reading Fallout: Equestria won't help me with the secret...

Edited by Shadling

My mom saw the Smile video playing and asked to listen too. At the time, which was a year and a half ago, I was in a long-distance relationship and I told her it's something my then-gf (actual pegasister) was into which I described to my mom as "something we do together". She thought it was pretty sweet and liked the fact that it was something violence-free for a change (I had been listening to Disturbed a lot at the time).

It's not lying when you bring up convenient facts at the right time, is it? XP

Edited by SunBurn
  • Brohoof 1

It would have to be for me when my parents found out... they were pretty mean about it and made me feel like shit for liking the show so yeah...

I can relate to that. My mom found out and she was a bitch about it. I mean I love her to death but where I live, minds are generally pretty closed to this kind of thing. This was a long time ago and I think she either forgot about it or just accepted that I can be a brony and still be a normal productive member of society. Either way, it hasn't been brought up in a year or so. Still it pisses me off that I'm the person in my family most open to trying new things...Seems like a lot of people's parents don't care that they're bronies. Wish every parent was cool with it but whatever. Mine can't do anything anyway since I'm 21 and I pay my own bills and shit. That sort of helps things.

Probably when my mom saw my McDonalds Rarity figure on my shelf. She asked me "what's with the pony" and I said my sister gave it to me. My sister is pretty cool for giving me all the Pony stuff. She even bought me a box of collectible pony cards from hot topic. :)

I'm female so I think the pressure for liking a little girl's cartoon is a little lighter, but anyway,

I got a movie poster for Equestria Girls and hung it up but knew my parent would see it and I have some MLP decorations and I was nervous she'd think it was weird. I made myself really embarrassed and brought myself to show it to her but, to my surprise, she said it was adorable and that she liked it.

So I was fussing over nothing. -_- I wear MLP in public, too. Everyone knows I'm a brony. (I don't like saying pegasister)

Probably the first time was when my older brother found out I was a brony. I was already thinking of telling him, in fact at that very moment I was waiting for exactly the right moment to tell him. He was already bound to find out anyway. While I was waiting for the right moment I was watching the episode "Lesson Zero" on my laptop. Then I saw him coming in my direction so I tried to minimize the window, but I thought I was too late, and he'd seen me watching ponies. So because I was already about to tell him, and I was nervous, as soon as I thought he saw what I was doing I just blurted out "I'm a brony!". He took it fairly well despite me being so up front about it, which was probably because he already suspected it, although to this day I still don't know whether or not he actually caught me watching MLP at that point.

So far, my older brother is the only member of my family who knows for sure that I am a brony,(and everybody in my family knows all about MLP and bronies) however this leads to my other embarrassing moments. I thought my younger siblings had gone to bed, but unfortunately my oldest sister came out of her room while I was playing Fighting is Magic. She smirked and snickered at me, and said "I saw you playing that!", and I was afraid that she would tell my mom and her friends that I was a brony. But surprisingly, she didn't really say anything else to anyone, and by the next morning she had forgotten about it. I think she is still so oblivious that she doesn't even think that I am a brony.

Later my youngest brother caught me playing the same game. He laughed a little but once again, didn't say a word. That is up until later when he told my sister, who then replied, "Yeah I saw him playing the same game.". They both smirked and giggled, but once again forgot all about it!! I am baffled at how bad they are at putting the pieces together, I am certain that both of them still do not even suspect me of being a brony!

Finally my last embarrassing moment, was when my youngest sister(who is too young to understand about bronies, but loves the show.), saw me using GeneralZoi's Pony Creator. Now I didn't care as much that she saw me doing it, but then she blurts out fairly loudly, "Why are you playing pony game?" I quickly minimized the window and closed the lid of my laptop, and then tried to act as surprised as everybody else. 

Once again my siblings are still clueless as to the fact that I am a brony, and I am not sure whether I should be glad or disappointed. :huh:

one time,i was browsing for some pony art,and my big brother entered

i had to think quickly,but accidentally i pulled the computer cable,without knowing that cable was also the light cable of that room(i use that cable for many things on my room)and light turned out :)

saved by an accident :D

My dad saw my rainbowdash and dj back round on my computer and didnt really say anything. Then one day I had a rarity shirt on and came home and he was there. I was really excited about some money I just got and was talking to him for like 20 minutes with my shirt on not realizing it was on. Then he finally asked me something when he saw the dj pon3 sticker on my car. He said why do you have My little pony stuff on your car. I told him because its awesome and said you dont watch it? Yeah he still doesnt get it. I used to hide my bronyhood now I just dont really give a F#!$.