Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Stupidly funny online gaming moments

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Online gaming is something that definitely can be a mixed bag. Sometimes, it can be incredibly fun, whether with friends or not. Other times, it can be a sorta hostile environment. 

So when something happens that makes you laugh, that is always a good thing. :3 So with that, what are some funny online gaming moments that happened to you that you can remember?

A recent one for me. Was playing Battlefield 1. Doing good, running around and stuff. Then I see a guy who is crouched next to a wall, might be taking cover. I was thinking, yay, perfect time for a bayonet charge. >:3 So I do the charge and it looks like a perfect take down and then, a friggin tree that was right next to him falls down and stops my character from running, right in front of him. So I had to take him out the old fashion way. If I seen it from his perspective, I probably looked kinda dumb. The tree foiled my plans. XD

• Brohoof 2

When I first played Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer, I got stabbed in the ass, and it was the final killcam. I was a runty squeaker back then, so I thought it was the funniest thing since Tom and Jerry.

Edited by GeekySonic
  • Brohoof 1

Several years ago, I was playing Modern Warfare 2 and about to snipe someone.

Literally as soon as I pushed the trigger, I myself got sniped instead.

Cue me thinking I'd actually committed suicide or something, for several seconds.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

When I was playing Gears of War with my friend there was a part where you had to use a car as cover and push it along as you made your way across the field.

When we were done with that part we went into the building on the other end and look back at the car...and it started glitching out. It was twisting around in all kinds of directions. Even better was it started moving upwards to the sky slowly. We sat there and watched it for a few minutes. My friend was like "it's going home to its people". I cracked up.

Another time, in Earth Defense Force 2025 I was still getting used to using the Air Raider class whose main weapon is a gun that shoots explosives out and detonates them remotely. I had a tendency to shoot the explosives everywhere and I would blow up my friend several times either because he was too close to the explosion or I landed one of the explosives on him and detonated.

Also in 2025 when I was using the Fencer class, known for using gigantic anti-tank rifles and whatnot, there was one time where he ran right in front of me by accident and I nailed him in the face with the rifle. Even though friendly fire is considerably less damaging in that game I still managed to nearly kill him with that one shot. Or I killed him. I don't remember. It was hilarious either way.

• Brohoof 1

There are way too many to list them all but I can think of a few that were memorable.

-Recently in War Thunder (a tank game) somebody snuck (screw English)  up behind me and took out my engine.  I turned my turret around super slowly while the other player continued to shoot me in the back about 3 times.  I fired as soon as possible, hit him right in the front and killed him in one shot.  Probably the cheapest kill ever and I laughed so hard.

-In TF2 I was playing as a flying demo man taking out camping snipers.  I just barely managed to kill one and I taunt (with the eyelander).  Another sniper randomly comes around the corner and the taunt kills him.

-In Hearts of Iron 3 (a WWII strategy game)  I was playing as America and spent about 3 hours micro managing like crazy preparing for war.  About a month before I could join in a message pops saying that Hitler died and Germany surrendered.  Another time I was playing as France and Germany decided to through all it's troops at my super wall.  About 120,000 Germans died in the battle and I lost less then 1,000.  AI at it's finest.  Just trying to imagine what the generals must would of been thinking makes me laugh.  "Sir we just lost 3 Panzer divisions with no effect!  I suggest we stop the attack!"  "No Hans, let's send in the Calvary and see if that works."

-In the COD2 campaign an immortal AI walked in front of a tank and started to make a sound like he was hurt about 10 times a second which came out as ughughughugh.  It is hard to explain the sound but I found it hilarious.  

• Brohoof 1

Recently, playing GTA Online,I was with a friend and I had gotten a bounty on my head for some cash and I told him he could kill me to have it, so I'm standing there waiting for him to shoot, he goes to aim in and I suddenly disappear from his screen. I got hit by a fucking truck and died instantly.  Even funnier I was in first person and had my headset on, I heard the truck coming as I turned to my right to look for it, all I seen was it's grill and then my friend seeing me disappear from frame on his screen....He asked where I went, I told him I got hit by a truck.

And just today,playing Fallout 4, I was taking out some Gunners, I crippled the last guys legs and then melee'd him to finish him off and his corpse shot straight up into the air and landed on the yellow lift to go to the rest of their base.

The amount of Times I wish recording was on....or had the ability to record Fallout gameplay.

The amount of Times I wish recording was on....

• Brohoof 1

Once upon a time in Verdun, during a Rifles Only deathmatch...

While creeping about prone on Douaumont I got in a shooting match with another player, but not just any shooting match. Somehow this guy had walked over on top of me and starting firing point-blank into me but failed to actually kill me. In response I looked up and tried to get a shot up at him, but all that happened was in order to do it I had to continually turn as he moved about, forcing me to spin like a top.

Eventually I got up and resumed the duel on my two feet and the two of us zig-zagged about our common point of engagement until I finally landed the fatal shot on him in the guy and dropped him.

Fully exposed I had to dart somewhere to hide, and the two of us promptly exchanged our LMAO's.

• 5 years later...

Some days ago, I was playing the co-op mode of Super Mario Maker 2. There was one person who was reaaally nice! He basically carried me through the whole level, literally. It was laughing the whole time, but it was so wholesome at the same time. :kindness: He always apologized when I got hit by something. And when I had the fireball ability, I used it to clear our path.

I agree, moments like these are special, since most moments are rather frustrating for various reasons, haha.

But still, the game made laugh a lot in general. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

Many times I was so close to getting first place in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe only for my friend to zip right past me at the last second. :maud: If it wasn’t my friend, then it was the AI messing around with me and pushing me back a couple places. Looking back, it is pretty funny how all that occurred.

• 10 months later...

One time I was playing this Smash Bros clone with a friend. We were doing online matches and we were playing as a team. We beat another team and they refused to rematch with us. Next match, funnily enough, we got paired with them again. When the match started, they immediately started walking off the edge of the map so they could kill themselves and end the fight. We had a very good laugh at that.

• 1 month later...