Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Online Games

Meeps

I used to play a shitton of World of Warcraft with my friends but I have pretty much stopped now.

Other than that, Day of Defeat: Source<333333333333, Counter-Strike, Battlefield, Total War... those types of games.

Hearts of Iron if I am really in an armchair general mood.

Edited by Guest

A friend from here and I used to play Adventure Quest Worlds quite a bit. It's kinda cartoony, but we still thought it was funny enough to keep playing for awhile, and it doesn't take long to get started. 

There's a 3D version too but it's pretty much nothing right now.

Also, if you don't mind downloading, Legends of Equestria is coming out next week! :yay: 

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, meme said:

RuneScape's alright. Not everyone likes it though, a lot of grinding for XP.

Definitely a lot of grinding for XP but there's plenty of quests and side jobs and activities to keep a player occupied for a good long while even without the paid membership option.  I've been a player off and on since 2005 and still go back to it every once in awhile when I feel like wandering aimlessly around a giant world.

Roommates and I gave Royal Quest a try a few months ago. I thought it was a good MMORPG but it did seem a bit tedious at times to get to different places.

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

A friend from here and I used to play Adventure Quest Worlds quite a bit. It's kinda cartoony, but we still thought it was funny enough to keep playing for awhile, and it doesn't take long to get started. 

There's a 3D version too but it's pretty much nothing right now.

Also, if you don't mind downloading, Legends of Equestria is coming out next week! :yay: 

I remember seeing people play that at my school from 2005, seemed to be pretty big back then since people were reluctant to learn about things. Wasn't my thing though. :P

• Brohoof 1

Oh yeah, I play tons of online games... hell I rarely play anything that doesn't involve me being competitive with other people.

Some games I play, just to name a few.

-World of Warcraft

-World of Warcraft (Elysium Project)

-Hearthstone

-White Noise 2 (Xbox)

-Overwatch (Xbox)

-GTA V (Xbox)

-Friday The 13th The Game (Xbox)

-TF2 (Xbox)

-Forza Horizon 3

-Battlefront (Xbox)... (I kick ass at this game)

And the list goes on and on.

Also, looking forward to Legends of Equestria... I've been following that game since I was 15, and now its supposedly coming out very soon. Hopefully it was worth the wait. Me, and some friends of mine are gonna test it together, here's hoping its not an overhyped pile of crap.

• Brohoof 1

I used to play a bunch of them back in the days, but unfortunately not as often anymore. As far as MMORPG's go, I still find myself going back to Ragnarök Online, Trickster Online, Wakfu and Grand Chase every now and then. But yeah, I mostly only play the everyday Overwatch and League of Legends as usual. Also used to play a LOT of Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/4/2017 at 4:07 AM, Snowflake Frostflame said:

Oh yeah, I play tons of online games... hell I rarely play anything that doesn't involve me being competitive with other people.

Some games I play, just to name a few.

-World of Warcraft

-World of Warcraft (Elysium Project)

-Hearthstone

-White Noise 2 (Xbox)

-Overwatch (Xbox)

-GTA V (Xbox)

-Friday The 13th The Game (Xbox)

-TF2 (Xbox)

-Forza Horizon 3

-Battlefront (Xbox)... (I kick ass at this game)

And the list goes on and on.

Also, looking forward to Legends of Equestria... I've been following that game since I was 15, and now its supposedly coming out very soon. Hopefully it was worth the wait. Me, and some friends of mine are gonna test it together, here's hoping its not an overhyped pile of crap.

I've heard good things about many of these, especially GTA, Overwatch, and TF2! I tried WoW once, I got to level 10, died, and never bothered to log back on lol.

On 9/4/2017 at 4:25 AM, Driz said:

I used to play a bunch of them back in the days, but unfortunately not as often anymore. As far as MMORPG's go, I still find myself going back to Ragnarök Online, Trickster Online, Wakfu and Grand Chase every now and then. But yeah, I mostly only play the everyday Overwatch and League of Legends as usual. Also used to play a LOT of Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2.

Used to enjoy League, but the raging wasn't worth it lmao. I'm trying out Tera online right now, after trying out FFXIV online.

• Brohoof 1

I occasionally play Adventure Quest Worlds since it's as entertaining as it's nostalgic to me, especially the holiday stuff such as Frostvale and Mogloween. One of the only things that bug me is that some of the enemies are so strong that there's no way I'd be able to beat them by myself and I don't have friends to play the game with.

Stellaris. Although MP(Multiplayer) is 100% optional, it turns into one huge clusterfuck when you play with 3-9 other people. All of them having a hardon for war. On a small map, where you must be aggressive in your expansion or lose out later on.

Suffice to say, it's damn FUN.

RTS games aren't for everyone. Especially not when a game such as Stellaris can be pretty fast-paced.

• Brohoof 1

• I play Paladins quite a bit. I find the game really fun, and I'm getting really good at my main dwarf, Barik. I've had a streamer that plays a lot of Barik comment on how good it is (after I whooped him TWICE playing Barik v Barik solo tank).
  • I used to play League of Legends. I'm thinking about returning if I get a computer, but I'll surely be muting chat. I'd definitely try a new strategy to climbing as well, as I hear from League youtubers (like Phylol) that what I was doing was the absolute WORST way to climb.
  • I played a lot of TF2, have about 890 hours on it. I used to be a really good Sniper, but I kind of got washed up and turned into trash. I also don't play it anymore, though, because it doesn't run well on my computer at the moment.
  • I played some DotA 2, but didn't really get good at it at all. The game to me was just weird, and the meta never made any sense.
  • I used to play quite a bit of Halo and Call of Duty when I had an Xbox 360. Got prestiges on every CoD game I played, and a pretty decent Halo record.
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Feather Spiral said:

There is no mention of Star Trek Online here. I am offended.

That one's really good. I don't play it too much, but it's still an amazing game

• Brohoof 1

I used to play WoW a lot but now I'm just waiting for either Chronicles of Elyria or Ashes of Creation to come out.  I can't decide which one I want to go for though, they both sound so interesting in their own ways.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

As of now, I can't play any online games as I don't have internet at home... But when I do get it back I intend to get back into Paladins and maybe also into Overwatch and Team Fortress 2 and possibly back into League of Legends again. Also, I am CONSIDERING playing Smash Ultimate online, but I hear the connection is bad.

• In Paladins, I was pretty good when I played. I got 164k damage playing Barik one match and over 500 objective time in another :P... Those are pretty impressive stats if you don't know. That kind of happens when you have played 300 hours as one single champion :).
  • I've never played Overwatch, but I bet I could be pretty good at Roadhog and Torbjorn in particular.
  • When I played TF2 I was actually a Sniper main and a really good one, but I think I'd probably turn into an Engineer or Demoman main. For the former, he's a lot like Barik (though he's more like old Torbjorn). For the latter, I got REALLY good at playing a "Demoknight" or a Demoman entirely focused on melee.
  • When I played League of Legends, I started out maining bot (back when the term ADC was an accurate description of the role).
  • As for Smash Ultimate, I really don't think I'd be able to stop playing it when I get my hands on it (which I will, in three or four MONTHS probably...).

Edited by Santa Barik

• 4 months later...

There are definitely some good ones out there.  I am a big fan of Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm.  And if you have a tight group of friends, I great many games have competitive or co-op multiplayer options.  I recently finished a co-op game of Divinity Original Sin 2 with some friends and now what are playing Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition together.  It is an old game but definitely a good one.

I mainly play World of Tanks and MechWarrior Online, though I'll still play a game of League of Legends every now and then. I love playing Destiny 2 (I got it when Blizzard was handing it out for free last year), though my laptop can barely run it on minimum. Same problem with Overwatch, just to a slightly lesser degree. Maybe someday soon I'll get enough money to be able to build a gaming pc.

Back when I still played Xbox with my friends, we'd play Black Ops 2, World of Tanks, and Halo Reach all the time. I miss playing on console. I fired up my old Xbox a while back (which surprisingly still turns on), and my skill with a controller has pretty much vanished over the years. It sucks, because I used to be pretty good with one.