Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Gaia Online

ManaMinori

Has anyone ever heard of, or spent time there, at some point? If I remember correctly, when avatar dress up sites were all the rage, around 2003, Gaia used to be one of the first, and became really popular out of the other avi sites. But then, around 2011, 2012, it sufferred from the greed disease, neglected updating the many features and games around its site, and just pedalled items to be bought with lots of real money, all day, every day, and it's virtual economy inflated something feirce, and it began to go to hell.

Have you guys ever spent time on Gaia Online?

Do you have a favorite item?

Favorite NPC?

Do you have any idea which Pokemon best resembles "Fausto's Bottle", and "Hermes Moon" evolving items/ creatures, from Gaia?

• Brohoof 1

I used to love the place too. My favorite items were the Kiki and Coco kitties. They were so cute, and I wanted one in real life. ;o; I also had a crush on Liam... until they made him this big jock guy. -___-; There was a time when they had a water balloon fight during summer time as well.

Also, you do know you can get Gaia cash cards the same as you can iTunes cards, right? You don't actually have to pay with real money by actually giving it with a credit card. I might even consider going back again just because I enjoyed it. My only struggle was finding friends because they seem to frown upon people with special needs. The worst part is the amount of trolls who feel the need to bully others more vulnerable.

I still play it for a few days once a month. The economy is really bad though, yeah. Dx I think all the dress-up is fun though with all the items you can choose from. c:

I still play it for a few days once a month. The economy is really bad though, yeah. Dx I think all the dress-up is fun though with all the items you can choose from. c:

still? Probably no surprise

I don’t expect the economy to ever return to the way it wa before 2013.

Way, WAY too much focus on items and nothing else

I used to love the place too. My favorite items were the Kiki and Coco kitties. They were so cute, and I wanted one in real life. ;o; I also had a crush on Liam... until they made him this big jock guy. -___-; There was a time when they had a water balloon fight during summer time as well.

Also, you do know you can get Gaia cash cards the same as you can iTunes cards, right? You don't actually have to pay with real money by actually giving it with a credit card. I might even consider going back again just because I enjoyed it. My only struggle was finding friends because they seem to frown upon people with special needs. The worst part is the amount of trolls who feel the need to bully others more vulnerable.

I used to like Coco and kiki, too. So cute and simple.

Never really liked Liam, much. He was too much of a player and womanizer. Kinda gave off a negative vibe, imo. But I guess I could see how some might've like him, seeing how he was essentially eye candy.

Not interested in CG at all.

I haven't touched my account in awhile. Last time I was on, nearly everything I have is worth a shitload now. Probably let my account rot.

I haven't touched my account in awhile. Last time I was on, nearly everything I have is worth a shitload now. Probably let my account rot.

well that's one option. Nice to know that increased item worth wouldn't even draw you back there

well that's one option. Nice to know that increased item worth wouldn't even draw you back there

My account literally went from pushing about 1 mill in worth, to nearly a few hundred billion over night. That's beyond screwed up.

Their forums are a cess of teenage angst supported by a faux economy. Their foundation is a scam; people spend real money, on a forums, that provides nothing but meaningless drama. Society would be better if it didn't exist.

• 8 years later...

I used to be on there a lot as a teenager. I loved playing ZOMG back in the day. I recently went back on there a few months ago just to see how things are. Ended up with a sea of thirst dms by a bunch of random people by the next day. I've not been back on since lol.