Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Adobe Flash?

--Rainbow-Dash--

I know that for animations of MLP, people use adobe flash, but I cannot find what program they are talking about, I only can find adobe reader or flash player, do you know what program I can use to make animations? if you do, please include a link.

Pinkie_Pie_Making_Puppy_dog_eyes.gif

Please?

As Gabby_Gumz said, Adobe Flash, however, it is quite expensive software (you'll get it cheaper if you're a student) and requires ALOT of know-how, and it really hard (I tried).

Make sure you are very persistent if you're gonna try this.

However, if you do decide to give it a shot, good luck.  ;)

Contrary to popular belief, Flash is one of the simpler animation programs out there. It's very good for actual animation (as in making things move), and enables you to animate in several different ways, including traditional cell animation, symbol animation, and 2D rigged puppet animation. However, it's fairly limiting as far aesthetic appeal goes due to it's limited art tools, and you'll find that you'll need to use it alongside other programs if you want to create anything substantial. 

Saying that, it's good at what it does, fairly cheap compared to some other animation software, and much easier to get that hang of compared to more advanced software such as Toonboom.

In answer to your question, another couple of good pieces of software you can try are TVPaint, which I believe is a French Bitmap animation program if you don't like vectors, and the aforementioned Toonboom, which is kind of like a more advanced version of Flash. It has a lot more options for visual design, post-production tools, and is used by a lot of big production companies including Disney.   

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

Here you are man, but be warned this is a very hard program to use it takes alot of know how, to use this.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flash.html

holy wow it is hard i cant even rotate a thing

As Gabby_Gumz said, Adobe Flash, however, it is quite expensive software (you'll get it cheaper if you're a student) and requires ALOT of know-how, and it really hard (I tried).

Make sure you are very persistent if you're gonna try this.

However, if you do decide to give it a shot, good luck.  ;)

hard.....

Contrary to popular belief, Flash is one of the simpler animation programs out there. It's very good for actual animation (as in making things move), and enables you to animate in several different ways, including traditional cell animation, symbol animation, and 2D rigged puppet animation. However, it's fairly limiting as far aesthetic appeal goes due to it's limited art tools, and you'll find that you'll need to use it alongside other programs if you want to create anything substantial. 

Saying that, it's good at what it does, fairly cheap compared to some other animation software, and much easier to get that hang of compared to more advanced software such as Toonboom.

In answer to your question, another couple of good pieces of software you can try are TVPaint, which I believe is a French Bitmap animation program if you don't like vectors, and the aforementioned Toonboom, which is kind of like a more advanced version of Flash. It has a lot more options for visual design, post-production tools, and is used by a lot of big production companies including Disney.   

no. it's hard

Uuuhm im a animator and im just saying adobe flash is REALLY hard to master.

I agree.

wait i just figured out how to rotate

This could be the start thou, All great animators probably couldn't rotate at first. I takes real determination but if you stick at it im sure you'll get somewhere. Good luck man ;)

no. it's hard

I never said it wasn't hard...   :huh:  Of course it's hard, animation in general is fricking hard, I should know. I was just saying that Flash is more basic/simple than some other pieces of software on a technical level, and therefor easier to learn. 

It also depends on what kind of animation you're trying to create and what you're creating it for. 

Edited by Hansel

This could be the start thou, All great animators probably couldn't rotate at first. I takes real determination but if you stick at it im sure you'll get somewhere. Good luck man ;)

it could be also be that the puppet im using it too complicated  :derp:

Adobe Flash is extremly easy to use compared to other Adobe products, animating on the other hand is extrelemy hard. I often compare it to Microsoft Word. Extremly easy to learn how to use the program, but its the words you type (or animation you make in Flash) that makes the award winning novel.