Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronycon 2014 help

NukeTimePony

So, I'm 13 and I really want to go to Bronycon this year. Only problem is, my family doesnt have a lot of money so I need to find the cheapest way to pay for bronycon and a hotel. I know I can buy $70 tickets but struggle to find a good, cheap hotel. Basically, if you guys can, could you estimate the average price of a trip to bronycon for two if I pay for Bronycon and the hotel since I dont need to take a flight. Also, how do I convince my parents to take me to Bronycon this summer. Since it takes place on my birthday, I do have a slight advantage but Im unsure if they will agree. Thanks :3

If you want, check me out on Youtube on my channel NukeTimeNoobs since I will be making pony content soon.

So, I'm 13 and I really want to go to Bronycon this year. Only problem is, my family doesnt have a lot of money so I need to find the cheapest way to pay for bronycon and a hotel. I know I can buy $70 tickets but struggle to find a good, cheap hotel. Basically, if you guys can, could you estimate the average price of a trip to bronycon for two if I pay for Bronycon and the hotel since I dont need to take a flight. Also, how do I convince my parents to take me to Bronycon this summer. Since it takes place on my birthday, I do have a slight advantage but Im unsure if they will agree. Thanks :3

If you want, check me out on Youtube on my channel NukeTimeNoobs since I will be making pony content soon.

Well I would suggest maybe splitting the hotel room with other people. See if you can find people who can share a room with you, perhaps another parent and their kid? I am older and have looked for older roommates but I have had success in finding roommates over the Internet (usually the convention's forums).

Looking on travel websites to get the cheapest deal on hotels in Baltimore. Your parent can also sign up on Groupon where they can look for deals on hotels. That is how my husband and I were able to afford a hotel in downtown Chicago for 4 days.

Where are you traveling from? because you can't ignore travel costs. Last year I went and It cost me roughly $400 and that wasn't including spending money to buy a few things and make sure I had food. I would estimate $500-600, but I don't know your travel plans. honestly that's probably a low estimate

• Brohoof 1

I think trying to find someone to share a room with could be more effective, or looking on travel websites that have deals that your parents could afford if you can convince them to take you.

• Brohoof 1

Where are you traveling from? because you can't ignore travel costs. Last year I went and It cost me roughly $400 and that wasn't including spending money to buy a few things and make sure I had food. I would estimate $500-600, but I don't know your travel plans. honestly that's probably a low estimate

Basically, we would drive since it would only be a 6 hour drive, and plan to stay in a hotel that is only $90 a night

If you're going to be driving down with family members, then make sure you account for gas money and parking (roughly $20-30 per day). Also good luck finding a hotel close to the convention center for $90 a night. I don't think you will be able to, but anything is possible. I would say more along the lines of $120 per night is more reasonable.

So a better guess for your trip would be about $600 plus any spending money which would be extra.

Yeah, I don't think there are any 90 dollar hotels nearby. And if there were I am thinking by now you wouldn't be able to get a room there. Because hotels seem to get booked really, really, fast for Cons like this. You could probably get a hotel closer to my  price range, I am paying like 450 bucks, but, take into Account that I am staying 4 days and 3 nights. So about 100 something a night. My hotel is not the closest to Bronycon but, it's fine.