movies/tv South Park, what do you think of it?

Side Bird

Most of us know, or have watched the watched the Tv show South Park. The one on Comedy Central!

What does everypony think of it? Do you hate the show? Do you love it? Do you watch it a lot?

What do you think of the show, South Park?

I personally like it! I find it funny.

post-19946-0-39996100-1390434328.jpg

Edited by Radiance64

I think it's a funny show, I don't exactly approve of the kind of humor that they use but it is still a show that I would say I still enjoy sometimes. It has its advantages, it's an okay show.

I've honestly not watched it much, so i can't give much of an opinion.

I suppose while it can be a bit harsh though it can be entertaining.

I love South Park! Though, it's gotten a bit trendy in it's later seasons. I liked it better when it was just a bunch of foul mouthed 8yo kids having wacky adventures like getting lost in the rainforest or sending a whale to the moon.

• Brohoof 4

Well when I first tried this show, I thought it was another one of those vulgar for the heck of it type of things so I didn't really like it. When I watched a few more episodes out of boredom it became much more enjoyable to me. It's got great social commentary and knows how to make stuff gross and vulgar funny. And in my opinion, unlike most long running cartoons, this one actually managed to still stay good throughout its run. Granted the new ones aren't as good as some of the old ones but it's still good. I also like the idea of them making their episodes in a week. It allows them to respond to current events faster. And it's gotta be very stressful to write, animate, and voice act an episode in only a week. 

Oh and by the way my favorite character in this show is probably Kenny. 

• Brohoof 3

South Park used to be my favorite show around the 7th season.  I think I watched like every single episode before then.  Up until the new season I just stopped.  The show is based on crude humor, but it seems that the newer episodes just focus on the "crude" part instead of actual humor.  Or perhaps I just grew a conscience or something, I don't know  :)

• Brohoof 2

I will not lie, I have watched South Park since 5th grade, and still watching it. It gets more and more hilarious, and their animation has really improved! South Park <3

Edited by Kitteh-Chan
  • Brohoof 3

I don't watch it as much any more. To me i think they have lost it's touch. Same with family guy and the Simpsons. It happens, it's common, People loose ideas. But this is my opinion. You guys can have ago at me for what ever i have truly said about my feelings on the show.

Also, If they ever did make a episode on MLP and it was disgusting with alot of "Stereotypical stuff" Then i will Totally disapprove of it. People might say i don't have a sense of humour for the show. But i do have a really good sense of humour. It's just not my thing anymore

Edited by ApplesBrony
  • Brohoof 1

I don't watch South Park. I never have watched it, and I never will.

But don't take that as me saying I despise the show. South Park is a very smart show that knows exactly what it's criticizing and exactly how it's criticizing it. It's an all-out, no-holding-back satirical cartoon intended to criticize society and all of its faults, with no mercy in between. And while its humor is beyond my tastes and its outlook is WAY too dark and raunchy for me.

Just like with many other fandoms, South Park is a show I respect and understand, but I still hold it a few 10 foot sticks away from me.

Topic moved to Media Discussion, not sure why it was in Sugarcube Corner...

To answer the OP's question though, yeah I do like South Park. One of my favorite animated comedies, for the most part.

• Brohoof 1

South Park is not only easily the funniest thing on TV, but possibly the most important. South Park isn't afraid to call it as they see it, and whether you agree with their views or not, you can always guarantee that it will be the funniest, most biting satire on the air.

And if that wasn't enough, Matt Stone and Trey Parker are always the first to take point in the battle against censorship. Whether they're pushing the limits of the TV-MA rating, making light of insane taboos, or tastefully giving us something to laugh at in the face of a tragedy, they consistently prove to have greater integrity than anyone else in modern media.

South Park is smart, it's crude, it's dark, it's aware, it's unapologetic, it knows just how to straddle the line of good humor without crossing it, and most importantly, it's honest.

It's easily one of the best things ever to air on television.

• Brohoof 5

One of the funniest shows ever made, although some episodes are completely terrible (The newest Kanye West episode, anyone?)

meh I thought the kanye west one was okay. My least favorite episode of the show would be the one about aspergers. You know the one that had Cartman putting burgers up his butt. 

• Brohoof 1

I used to like it, but the humor just got way too disgusting and crude, even for me. The episode "HumancentiPad" is what I think sent me over the edge. 

• Brohoof 1

meh I thought the kanye west one was okay. My least favorite episode of the show would be the one about aspergers. You know the one that had Cartman putting burgers up his butt. 

Ugh, yeah that one was terrible. They could have done something interesting with Stan leaving the town and his parents getting divorced but instead they gave us a stupid episode and threw out the whole idea.

• Brohoof 1

I know a lot of people that absolutely love it, but I've never really gotten that into it. I watch it occasionally and I think it's funny. I guess I just don't find shows that rely solely on crude humor funny. I love shows like Futurama because they at least have some back story that's carried throughout the episodes. 

Then again I've never really tried to make it through an episode of South Park, so I can't judge it too harshly.