Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Shifted (OOC)

Arylett Charnoa

Silver! I love the purple vortex effect! *saves*

Thanks but it isn't even done. xD FInished version is on the way. The finished version will be much fancier and have more effects and details.

I think this is transparent? I don't really have any sort of art program to do anything. Again, I'm not the artists.

Nope. Wasn't transparent. It was a white background. If you used the program MS paint then that would explain it. MS Paint you van never really tell when its transparent and just plain white. I'll work around it as best i can.

EDIT: I keep looking for "The Deviant" In your sig Peach. Having some difficulty finding it. xD

Edited by Silver Arrow

Yea. Sorry about that.

*Will be the only one lacking in art when it comes to Shifted Art. >_<*

Um... I'm not an artist myself, so yeah... You're not alone at least

Hey i'm not an artist unless you count a feeble attempt at manga. I'm mostly just a master of image manipulation. At least thats what others have called me on other forums. I manipulate effects and other images. You should see how i turned cracked mud into an exploding planet. ._.

EDIT: I am working on fixing the image up now and I am listening to this as I do it. I AM SEEING THE VORTEX SPINNING IN THE BACKGROUND. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.

Edited by Silver Arrow

Hey i'm not an artist unless you count a feeble attempt at manga. I'm mostly just a master of image manipulation. At least thats what others have called me on other forums. I manipulate effects and other images. You should see how i turned cracked mud into an exploding planet. ._.

EDIT: I am working on fixing the image up now and I am listening to this as I do it. I AM SEEING THE VORTEX SPINNING IN THE BACKGROUND. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.

No joke, When the music played, I thought of a Final Fantasy battle going on with Artsy and 2 or 3 other OCs against Discord on the other side of the battlefield. Artsy using some magic, then another doing melee damage, and so on. XD

Edited by Wolfe

No joke, When the music played, I thought of a Final Fantasy battle going on with Artsy and 2 or 3 other OCs against Discord on the other side of the battlefield. Artsy using some magic, then another doing melee damage, and so on. XD

Hahah... Really? What kind of Final Fantasy battle theme would you think would work for that scenario? :P

You're just like me in that, when listening to music i see animations and epic things happening in my head, and my mind is screaming: "WHY HAVEN'T THEY COME UP WITH TECHNOLOGY THAT TAKES WHATS IN YOUR MIND AND PUTS IT ON PAPER/ANIMATES IT."

• Brohoof 1

You're just like me in that, when listening to music i see animations and epic things happening in my head, and my mind is screaming: "WHY HAVEN'T THEY COME UP WITH TECHNOLOGY THAT TAKES WHATS IN YOUR MIND AND PUTS IT ON PAPER/ANIMATES IT."

I'M TRYING TO BECOME A MECHANICAL ENGINEER. I SHOULD DO THAT SHITE!!

Hahah... Really? What kind of Final Fantasy battle theme would you think would work for that scenario? :P

Honestly, I think this song might be running through!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi155MoyNKg

Edited by Wolfe
  • Brohoof 2

OH GOSH DAT BEFORE/AFTER SHOT.

Before:

Posted Image

AFTER:

Posted Image

SmallerAfter:

Posted Image

I increased the image size, zoomed in to 10x original size and edited out all bad crappy pixels that made it look hard and rough, and finally i made the vortex a little softer. Or did you like it before when it was more rough?

Edited by Silver Arrow
  • Brohoof 4

Rawr :angry:

Sorry everypony, homework kept me away >.<

@Silver, that's a very nice image :D Fits the RP and is a lot beter than anything I could make :S

@Peach HOLY CRAP!!! *worships your drawing skills*

Rawr :angry:

Sorry everypony, homework kept me away >.<

@Silver, that's a very nice image :D Fits the RP and is a lot beter than anything I could make :S

@Peach HOLY CRAP!!! *worships your drawing skills*

Hahah, it's quite alright... I'm personally waiting for SiFi to speak though, so I can respond to him... :P

Everyone else is doing something extra for this RP, whether it be artwork or logo design, and I wanted to get into the act. Unfortunatly, I'm no artist, so my options were limited.

Having said that, say hello to the theme song.

Took me a little under 5 hours to whip this up; nothing spectacular, but I think it suits it's purpose. I based the sound and mood on the void realm our characters are currently in. Hope you enjoy.

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Brohoof 2

:o

You guys are insane! I love it.

I'M TRYING TO BECOME A MECHANICAL ENGINEER. I SHOULD DO THAT SHITE!!

Honestly, I think this song might be running through!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Yi155MoyNKg

I LOVE FINAL FANTASY X

This song totally fits. It's one of my favourite tracks. :)

OH GOSH DAT BEFORE/AFTER SHOT.

Before:

Posted Image

AFTER:

Posted Image

SmallerAfter:

Posted Image

I increased the image size, zoomed in to 10x original size and edited out all bad crappy pixels that made it look hard and rough, and finally i made the vortex a little softer. Or did you like it before when it was more rough?

I wanted to make it myself, but at this point, I don't think I could do any better. I give you and Wolfe three thumbs up; that is now the official logo. I'm gonna go edit the first post to include fan content and that.

Everyone else is doing something extra for this RP, whether it be artwork or logo design, and I wanted to get into the act. Unfortunatly, I'm no artist, so my options were limited.

Having said that, say hello to the theme song.

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=UxHmabd34OY

Took me a little under 5 hours to whip this up; nothing spectacular, but I think it suits it's purpose. I based the sound and mood on the void realm our characters are currently in. Hope you enjoy.

That is really good! I think the theme... actually fits the scene that's happening pretty well. I now proclaim this to be the official Shifted theme song. It really does fit the overall tone of the of the story. Hearing it, I sort of imagine after the fight with Discord, all of the characters standing on a hill staring out into the distance epically, wondering how they're going to get home and what they'll face next.

I'm gonna get off my butt and do some art at some point. I'm not sure what I'll draw, but I'm sure I can come up with something.

• Brohoof 2

I'm sorry i should have let you do it! D: nice theme legendary! How did you make this? Electronic or composed? Heres some of my work i've done before, idk if i could really suit the mood that shifted follows though in my compositions. Frozenfire.bandcamp.com

Woah so much content!!! How come the only fan-content is coming from the users participating? :( are we the only ones doing this? XD no one is lurking? :P

(edited)

First post's been edited. :)

@Electrobolt: Well, why not try your hand at writing? You could write a short story maybe about the characters that there isn't enough room for in the RP.

"No, I'm not going back," Arty said, "I want to fight, I will not run away," He saw Peach and Artsy fighting each other, he wondered why, then he noticed that Peach was slightly discolored, while Artsy stayed the same, after seeing what Artsy is trying to do, he joined her in the fight, first he made a full body tackle on Peach, and after she got up, her rage fired up against him, "I wanna join the fight, I want to set things right, even if it means my life, Artsy, please let me help you, I can see how much the toll has taken on you,"

"Well well, another one decides to fight too! Yes, let it take it's toll on him!" Discord said, delighted that Arty joined the fight, knowing it would wear him out, "Fight all you want, I'm sure you can't beat her either, your cause is pointless!" Followed by his notorious laugh.

Narutarded, I have noticed that the quality of your posts has not been... quite satisfactory to the participation in this RP. Your character does not appear to have as much depth, and just does things at random. Further, it doesn't appear as if he has a grip of what's going on.

A general rule in roleplaying: If two people (or ponies in this case) are having some sort of epic fight - you usually stay out of it. Unless you can find some way that isn't quite as contrived and makes sense to enter it. The way your character entered the fight was just sort of abruptly and out of nowhere, and it really doesn't flow. It makes for a more epic narrative if the two of them just continued to fight alone, as the others focus on their own pursuits.

Also, I see there's some godmodding in there. You controlled Peach's movement by making her get up. And assuming she even got hit by your attack in the first place.

Most of your posts have this quality; abrupt and not really fitting into the story. If this quality continues, I'm going to have to eject you from the roleplay.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

Umm... I'm not too sure about that... I don't really know if I'd do them justice... I used to try my hand at writing fanfics before, but... I wound up getting uninspired... Roleplaying is different, at least to me as even though it's like writing a story, you only really focus on writing/typing what your own character's reactions are... If I were to try and control a character other than my own, well, I'm not sure I'd do that character justice... You get what I'm saying?

Umm... I'm not too sure about that... I don't really know if I'd do them justice... I used to try my hand at writing fanfics before, but... I wound up getting uninspired... Roleplaying is different, at least to me as even though it's like writing a story, you only really focus on writing/typing what your own character's reactions are... If I were to try and control a character other than my own, well, I'm not sure I'd do that character justice... You get what I'm saying?

Ah yes, that makes sense. Well, if you ever want to write a short story maybe about your character's own history and just focusing on his human life, that would also qualify as something artistic.

I'm sorry i should have let you do it! D: nice theme legendary! How did you make this? Electronic or composed? Heres some of my work i've done before, idk if i could really suit the mood that shifted follows though in my compositions. Frozenfire.bandcamp.com

Woah so much content!!! How come the only fan-content is coming from the users participating? :( are we the only ones doing this? XD no one is lurking? :P

Thanks. I made the theme it electronically, in a very simple program. It's inexpensive but very restrictive, so I don't use it much anymore.

I like your music; it reminds me of the songs I'd hear in fangames growing up. Not sure if it's the samples used, the composition software, or both.

I have a bandcamp as well, though I haven't uploaded anything to it in years. I just have the two albums I was working on when I first got into music making. I made a thread about it here: http://mlpforums.com...__fromsearch__1

A general rule in roleplaying: If two people (or ponies in this case) are having some sort of epic fight - you usually stay out of it. Unless you can find some way that isn't quite as contrived and makes sense to enter it. The way your character entered the fight was just sort of abruptly and out of nowhere, and it really doesn't flow. It makes for a more epic narrative if the two of them just continued to fight alone, as the others focus on their own pursuits.

Yeah, that kind of threw me for a loop too. My character was torn between dragging Arty of the fight right then in there, or trying to see if help was actually needed...

Actually, in light of what has been said by you right here... editing post. Done. Now to see if Arty's character takes Serah's advice.

Edited by Legendary Emerald

Ah yes, that makes sense. Well, if you ever want to write a short story maybe about your character's own history and just focusing on his human life, that would also qualify as something artistic.

Heh... I'll give it some thought :) But I'm just glad to be a part of this RP either way :D

Alright, this is my post where I say I am going to sleep. Meaning, I will not be posting in this thread again for about 9 hours. Have fun all. I look forward(?) to reading the shittons of posts you make when I get back. :P

• Brohoof 1