searching Shifted (OOC)

Arylett Charnoa

(edited)

This is stupid, but this is kinda how I reacted to the amazing piece:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0

Seriously, that is some good stuff. I WISH I could replicate art HALF as good as this. I'll just leave the art to my sister. She's double majoring in it anyway.

I've always wondered, how do you tie a tie as a pony? Or are they just clip ons? And how do you get into clothing if you're a unicorn pegasus or an earth pony?

Edited by Wolfe
  • Brohoof 1

I've always wondered, how do you tie a tie as a pony? Or are they just clip ons? And how do you get into clothing if you're a unicorn or an earth pony?

I presume you mean pegasus, as unicorns can just use magic.

I just like to think it's clip-on or that they somehow use their mouths/hooves to tie ties and it works because that happens on the show.

Also, the entire gang will have to be gathered together first before we figure out where to get our fancy clothes.

I wonder how Speed will react to fancy clothes...

Anyways, I have a question. It's for when Speed finds out what her element is... how exactly am I supposed to show that she's found out her element? Could I possibly have an example of a post where somepony found out their element? I'm too lazy to search through the thread for the scene where they all find their elements.

(edited)

Okay! I got some songs for you guys. Tell me what ya think:

I think this song is a good fit for Artsy. When I'm reading Artsy's bio I notice "Spending most of her time friendless at every school she went, she learned that friendship was just something that was brief. Until she had met several people who had affected her life, and showed her exactly what true friends could be." And there was also the fact that she kept to herself and was emotional. I heard this song and really felt the emotion behind it, but also a story, if put into Artsy's Shifted situation.

0:00 - 1:01 Artsy pretty much spent her days going to school just to go to classes. Here and there, depression comes and goes, but she doesn't really have true friends.

1:01 - 1:43 She finds the way when someone/some people come by and guide and aid Artsy through her depressive state. Artsy is shocked by such people that care for her and she makes a complete 180. She returns to her happy state knowing that there are people, or rather close friends, that seem to unconditionally love her. But when the rift opens and Artsy goes through, this feeling seems to end as she is thrusted into this new world.

The song just loops thereafter.

Yuzo Koshiro - Brave New World (Piano Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcUV3z0zhxs&hd=1
_____

When I was searching for some song, this was the one that popped into my head really. The song is a very upbeat jazz-trance chiptune, according to the artist. What really sticks out to me is that Electrobolt played video games since he was very young. So with not knowing many people as fast as others or as easily, I thought Electrobolt potentially had imaginary friends or thought of the video game characters as friends, not to say that he is sick in the brain. So with this track, I imagined it was a good description of Electrobolt because of his deep connection with video games and how it really is a part of him. I just imagined him jumping from world to world as the song played on and him performing multiple video game related tasks as or with the character in the given video game setting.

Fear Of Dark - Surfing on a Sine Wave

Original:

Ponyfied Version:

_____

Now I found this track while I was looking for both of yours, and when I re-listened to it, I knew it was the track for Brave. There's two specific line that I feel specifically fits with Brave: "And a voice keeps saying, This is where I'm meant to be" and "When I go the distance, I'll be right where I belong." I planned to have Brave have an inner conflict, specifically about identity and what he truly loves, which will end up getting his cutie mark in some later point in the role play. So the song represents his will to get through and find his identity, hence his Element, even though it also is the will for other reasons.

Michael Bolton - Go The Distance

_____

So, tell me what you guys think! Provide feedback not only on your songs, but on EVERYONE ELSE. I'm doing my best to find a song to fit your character, so having some people respond to each other and provide feedback is great. It's like role play feedback. If you tell someone that their post was good, it lets the other know you're doing a good job. If not, then it doesn't tell those that aren't so well in RPing that they should improve for X reasons. That being said, I wanted to know if you guys could look at something I posted a page ago and tell me what you think: http://mlpforums.com...439#entry266439

EDIT: Few changes here and there cause doing this in late hours, finding the songs and listening to em to make sure, and working around the 2 video limit causes mistakes. >_<

Edited by Wolfe
  • Brohoof 1

Serah's Theme Song:

(Insert song here)

I actually composed this song back in 2010, but it fits the character very well.

Wow. It really does fit her. That whole rock vibe with the calmer tones fits her rough personality with a few soft edges. Also sounds badass like her.

I think this might be a potential theme for Discord actually. Lemme know what ya think?:

(Insert link here)

I think it sounds a little too lofty/old fashiony for Discord. It just... doesn't fit his more bouncy mischievous nature. I think something like evil-sounding or ominous circus music might be a better fit for him.

This theme could be Brave's, but after some thought, I saw it could fit more of the group in general because of the message it sent. The samples, after searching up are of Jesse Jackson's.

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...h?v=VcaNQ_JXgHY

I think the lyrics fits the gang really well. And I really like the beat as well. It kind of sounds like it'd play during a badass scene where they unite to take down Discord.

I wonder how Speed will react to fancy clothes...

Anyways, I have a question. It's for when Speed finds out what her element is... how exactly am I supposed to show that she's found out her element? Could I possibly have an example of a post where somepony found out their element? I'm too lazy to search through the thread for the scene where they all find their elements.

They just all found them in an intense moment when Artsy brought them together with Celestia's help and urged them to think about the elements in their hearts, where they then proceeded to display their elements intensely by glowing with magical lights and cool stuff. In other words, just wait for a really epic moment in the RP to happen.

Okay! I got some songs for you guys. Tell me what ya think:

I think this song is a good fit for Artsy. When I'm reading Artsy's bio I notice "Spending most of her time friendless at every school she went, she learned that friendship was just something that was brief. Until she had met several people who had affected her life, and showed her exactly what true friends could be." And there was also the fact that she kept to herself and was emotional. I heard this song and really felt the emotion behind it, but also a story, if put into Artsy's Shifted situation.

0:00 - 1:01 Artsy pretty much spent her days going to school just to go to classes. Here and there, depression comes and goes, but she doesn't really have true friends.

1:01 - 1:43 She finds the way when someone/some people come by and guide and aid Artsy through her depressive state. Artsy is shocked by such people that care for her and she makes a complete 180. She returns to her happy state knowing that there are people, or rather close friends, that seem to unconditionally love her. But when the rift opens and Artsy goes through, this feeling seems to end as she is thrusted into this new world.

The song just loops thereafter.

Yuzo Koshiro - Brave New World (Piano Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcUV3z0zhxs&hd=1
_____

When I was searching for some song, this was the one that popped into my head really. The song is a very upbeat jazz-trance chiptune, according to the artist. What really sticks out to me is that Electrobolt played video games since he was very young. So with not knowing many people as fast as others or as easily, I thought Electrobolt potentially had imaginary friends or thought of the video game characters as friends, not to say that he is sick in the brain. So with this track, I imagined it was a good description of Electrobolt because of his deep connection with video games and how it really is a part of him. I just imagined him jumping from world to world as the song played on and him performing multiple video game related tasks as or with the character in the given video game setting.

Original:

Ponyfied Version:

_____

Now I found this track while I was looking for both of yours, and when I re-listened to it, I knew it was the track for Brave. There's two specific line that I feel specifically fits with Brave: "And a voice keeps saying, This is where I'm meant to be" and "When I go the distance, I'll be right where I belong." I planned to have Brave have an inner conflict, specifically about identity and what he truly loves, which will end up getting his cutie mark in some later point in the role play. So the song represents his will to get through and find his identity, hence his Element, even though it also is the will for other reasons.

Michael Bolton - Go The Distance

_____

So, tell me what you guys think! Provide feedback not only on your songs, but on EVERYONE ELSE. I'm doing my best to find a song to fit your character, so having some people respond to each other and provide feedback is great. It's like role play feedback. If you tell someone that their post was good, it lets the other know you're doing a good job. If not, then it doesn't tell those that aren't so well in RPing that they should improve for X reasons. That being said, I wanted to know if you guys could look at something I posted a page ago and tell me what you think: http://mlpforums.com...439#entry266439

EDIT: Few changes here and there cause doing this in late hours, finding the songs and listening to em to make sure, and working around the 2 video limit causes mistakes. >_<

Whoa, Artsy's theme is amazing! I think it fits her really well, better than anything I could find. How did you know I love piano? Piano I think fits her personality quite well, as do the emotional ups and down. I also enjoy how you put a lot of detail into finding a good song, and describing the moments that happen during the time. I could see those clearly.

I also think Electrobolt's song fits him. It has this playful sort of upbeat video game tone, and I can really see it on his character. But that's for him to decide.

And for Brave, I do think the lyrics fit his will to find his identity and his conflict. Since it's about a journey, which it certainly will be. So does the general sound of the song. It's slow at first, then builds up to a rising show of will and power. I do think it appears to be about the will to do things.

(edited)

Really, guys? I'm on for 12 hours in the morning and no one else is, and the moment I log off this thread gets so much activity. :(

I still haven't decided on anything yet, but...here are the two I am considering. Crystal's a tough one cause not only do I have to consider his personality, which is sorta lonely and cold, but I have to fit in his element. And protection doesn't really go with lonely and cold. >.< So to make it easier, I'm dropping cold, since that wasn't how he started out, it's sort of a change his personality made after events in the human world caused him to rethink life. Lonely and protection it is >_>

First 45 seconds are him wheeling up the piano. It can and will hurt your ears if your volume is loud enough >.<

This actually fits very well. The lyrics do fit protection as well.

And if you watch the music video, the girl dies at the end, so, yeah...loneliness. So then I can make his cold nature...a result of that! 0____0 I just realized how to further develop my character! Awesome.

Edited by Aureity

Original:

Ponyfied Version:

Wolfe... Oh my gosh... This is AWESOME!!! Yeah, as Arylett said, I feel this suits my character rather well! It also has that video game music feel to it! Plus, the beat is just so catchy I can't tear myself away from it xD As soon as I can though, I'll take a listen to the other themes as well and give my opinions on them :D

I think it sounds a little too lofty/old fashiony for Discord. It just... doesn't fit his more bouncy mischievous nature. I think something like evil-sounding or ominous circus music might be a better fit for him.

I think the lyrics fits the gang really well. And I really like the beat as well. It kind of sounds like it'd play during a badass scene where they unite to take down Discord.

Whoa, Artsy's theme is amazing! I think it fits her really well, better than anything I could find. How did you know I love piano? Piano I think fits her personality quite well, as do the emotional ups and down. I also enjoy how you put a lot of detail into finding a good song, and describing the moments that happen during the time. I could see those clearly.

I also think Electrobolt's song fits him. It has this playful sort of upbeat video game tone, and I can really see it on his character. But that's for him to decide.

And for Brave, I do think the lyrics fit his will to find his identity and his conflict. Since it's about a journey, which it certainly will be. So does the general sound of the song. It's slow at first, then builds up to a rising show of will and power. I do think it appears to be about the will to do things.

I suppose you're right. I guess I was thinking chaotic and not enough comically. If I ever find something like that I'll post it up.

I'm glad you like it! It's a pretty damn good song and now that you mention it, I can see a scene where we coordinate everything and launch out a perfect plan against Discord. Even with how tired and hurt we are, we still push through to not only help each other, but everyone in Equestria and Earth.

How'd I know you loved piano? No clue. And I'm glad you really like it! Glad I found it too! XD

(Electrobolt's is below)

And I'm glad you enjoy it! I found it as I was looking around for both of your songs. I just went *Nailed It!* when I listened to it. Can't wait to show this change later in the RP for Brave!

Really, guys? I'm on for 12 hours in the morning and no one else is, and the moment I log off this thread gets so much activity. :(

I still haven't decided on anything yet, but...here are the two I am considering. Crystal's a tough one cause not only do I have to consider his personality, which is sorta lonely and cold, but I have to fit in his element. And protection doesn't really go with lonely and cold. >.< So to make it easier, I'm dropping cold, since that wasn't how he started out, it's sort of a change his personality made after events in the human world caused him to rethink life. Lonely and protection it is >_>

First 45 seconds are him wheeling up the piano. It can and will hurt your ears if your volume is loud enough >.<

This actually fits very well. The lyrics do fit protection as well.

And if you watch the music video, the girl dies at the end, so, yeah...loneliness. So then I can make his cold nature...a result of that! 0____0 I just realized how to further develop my character! Awesome.

It really does fit Crystal. I understand completely what you're saying. The lyrics go on to say that even though I'm not your prince that you tell me I am, I will still protect you. I really think this fits, but for some reason, there's something that tells me otherwise. I just don't know to be honest. Something piques my mind and I don't know what it is. Again: I really like it and it fits, but something strikes me as odd...

Wolfe... Oh my gosh... This is AWESOME!!! Yeah, as Arylett said, I feel this suits my character rather well! It also has that video game music feel to it! Plus, the beat is just so catchy I can't tear myself away from it xD As soon as I can though, I'll take a listen to the other themes as well and give my opinions on them :D

I'm glad you really like it Electrobolt! This really was the first thing that popped into my head, so maybe I have some sort of intuition for this? I dunno. Nonetheless, glad you like it!

(edited)

It really does fit Crystal. I understand completely what you're saying. The lyrics go on to say that even though I'm not your prince that you tell me I am, I will still protect you. I really think this fits, but for some reason, there's something that tells me otherwise. I just don't know to be honest. Something piques my mind and I don't know what it is. Again: I really like it and it fits, but something strikes me as odd...

Perobably cause it doesn't really suit what I'm portraying him as right now. There is a death in his history, and it (plus abuse) changed him into the colder, more lonely version he is now. This song is sort of what he feels inside, although his personality outside is more...distrustful.

Oh, and also, an interesting note. A literal translation of one of the lines is "opening my hands and turning them into wings to protect you". :P Foreshadowing getting turned into a pony?

Edited by Aureity

Perobably cause it doesn't really suit what I'm portraying him as right now. There is a death in his history, and it (plus abuse) changed him into the colder, more lonely version he is now. This song is sort of what he feels inside, although his personality outside is more...distrustful.

Oh, and also, an interesting note. A literal translation of one of the lines is "opening my hands and turning them into wings to protect you". :P Foreshadowing getting turned into a pony?

Hah! I hadn't looked at that line as foreshadowing at all! Nice catch! But I don't think it's with the character, or at least I'm not sure. Maybe, but it's just an odd feeling. Maybe I should just leave it at that.

4 line post, that's the shortest one I've done in this RP....http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

There's not much I can do when I'm just having a dialogue and I basically said my character was trying not to think about anything >.<

Rage rage. Come on guys, we can't let this RP die like that, not when we've all put so much effort into it! >.<

Rage rage. Come on guys, we can't let this RP die like that, not when we've all put so much effort into it! >.<

Um... Today IS Easter... Maybe most of them are out with their family...? Could be an explanation as to why no one's posting :/

Hmm... Come to think of it, Deshi Bashara hasn't been around much... He only seems to be posting once a day, though I haven't seen him on since the last time he posted... Hmm...

From what I understand, Speed, Artsy, and Arty are at the inn, Crystal Flame, Electrobolt and Cole are outside of the inn, and Silver, SiFi, Peach and Lionheart are at Peach's house... I dunno whether Dex is with Peach or not though :/

• Brohoof 1

From what I understand, Speed, Artsy, and Arty are at the inn, Crystal Flame, Electrobolt and Cole are outside of the inn, and Silver, SiFi, Peach and Lionheart are at Peach's house... I dunno whether Dex is with Peach or not though :/

I'm also inside the inn too...

(edited)

Oh right, I forgot about--- Wait... Arty was booted out, right? X_X MAJOR derp on my part...

Alright, to fix up the list...

Inside the inn: Artsy, Brave, and Speed. Serah too, IIRC

Outside the inn: Electrobolt, Cole, and Crystal Flame

At Peach's house: Peach, SiFi, Lionheart, and Silver

Unknown as of the time being: Dexterity

Edited by Electrobolt
  • Brohoof 2

Don't worry. The RP ain't gonna die. I'm just kind of tied up at the moment with doing my Daily RP World Check. (Yes, I check every single thread in the entire section every day.) I'll be posting after I take care of some other things too and try to get the plot really in motion.

(edited)

Um, Aureity... I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking Cole put Electrobolt on HIS back, not Crystal Flame's back... Again, I'm not too sure...

... Wait... I think I may have misread your post originally X_X Once again, I derp'd...

Edited by Electrobolt