Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Berry Punch in Pinkie Pride

Side Bird

*Spoilers..

?

All right for all of you that have seen pinkie pride...Now I don't have a picture, but during the party pinkie threw that cheese was at when they were little

Did anyone notice berry punch was a full grown mare, And everyone else were fillies and colts?

I don't know if I imagined this but I swear I saw her as a mare!

• Brohoof 1

I thought that was weird, usually they would have been the same age in that flashback.

Must have been an error, so the flashbacks make me question how age shifts in Equestria.

Edited by Scootalove

I wouldn't count these kind of things as canon, background pony-wise. Take this image for example:

Filly_Twilight_and_Lyra_Heartstrings_clo

Twilight is a filly, about the same age as Pinkie was in Pinkie Pride, and Colgate is a grown mare. However, in the newest episode, Colgate is shown as a filly.

The animators are known to use whatever ponies they can to fill in the background. I'm not gonna let it affect my headcanons, whatever they are  ;)

• Brohoof 5

Does Berry Punch have an official voice in the show? If it sounds like she's in her 40s or something, the flashback would totally make sense. I quite like it as a touch; little more insight into the actuality of those ponies that keep appearing in the background. ^^ That, and I don't think a filly with an alcoholic cutie mark is something they'd put in :)

Twilight is a filly, about the same age as Pinkie was in Pinkie Pride, and Colgate is a grown mare. However, in the newest episode, Colgate is shown as a filly.

Well, keep in mind that both Colgate is a Timelord and that Lyra has associated herself with another Timelord.

Edited by CITRUS CHAMP46
  • Brohoof 1

It's probably an error, but it's difficult to show age in the designs sometimes.  The series seems to have only 3 or 4 different age "groups" for character designs:

Infant (age 0-2)

Filly (roughly elementary/middle school)

Young Adult/Full Adult (anywhere from teenage to early 40s)

Middle Age (mid 40s/50s)- mainly Twi's, Pinkie's, and Rarity's parents, and the Cakes

Old Age

The young adult/Full adult design is kind of a broad age range, and the distinction between it and "middle age" can be kind of blurred, so it's entirely possible that Berry Punch could be in her early 40s or so.

did anyone notice cheerilee as a filly? :)

In Pinkie Pride?  No, I missed it, but that's at least her second cameo as a filly in a flashback.  Her first was the in the school play Rarity made the costumes for in Cutie Mark Chronicles. 

In Pinkie Pride?  No, I missed it, but that's at least her second cameo as a filly in a flashback.  Her first was the in the school play Rarity made the costumes for in Cutie Mark Chronicles.

Yeah she's the one who gave cheese sandwich his cheese sandwich xD

• Brohoof 1

Though she's a lighter shade in the flashback, so maybe she was just simpler younger (and less drunk).

Also, the words of the theme song of another great TV program:

Please repeat to yourself: it's just a show, I should really just relax

(especially where backgrounders are concerned)

I wouldn't count these kind of things as canon, background pony-wise. Take this image for example:

img-2261685-1-Filly_Twilight_and_Lyra_He

The animators are known to use whatever ponies they can to fill in the background. I'm not gonna let it affect my headcanons, whatever they are  ;)

you forgot Lyra and Bon Bon, they're mares in the picture, but they clearly appeared as fillies in Pinkie Pride's flashback