Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

Rift enchanted

70 users have voted

1. 1. Which came first the chicken or the egg?

• Chicken
    • Egg

So you're saying instead of the animal that made it possible to even lay eggs, it was the egg who came first...? -__-

I dont understan how that makes logical sense, its like saying people were alive before the big boom that created everything...

No, its not saying that at all.

Eggs did not originate with chickens. It was not the chickens who made it possible to lay eggs. Got that yet?

Well Jesus made the chicken and it was either a normal chicken or a UN-evolved (probably weird looking) chicken.

Jesus? Well technically in a creationist point of view, I guess you can say that... technically. But book clearly states that it was God, not necessarily Jesus. That name didn't even come into play until the time of the New Testament. :huh:  

Sorry, getting a little off topic there. ^_^

Unevolved, Lazerflash? Like this Jungle Fowl with it's lithe muscles, clean build, and lack of huge hunks of hanging and unneeded muscle that is caused by farmers genetically modifying the poor creature into a grotesquely muscled beast born for human consumption?

red-junglefowl.jpg

No, its not saying that at all.

Eggs did not originate with chickens. It was not the chickens who made it possible to lay eggs. Got that yet?

OMG thats not what Im saying at all...   :okiedokielokie:

Im saying where does the egg originate form, it doesn't just suddenly become. It needs to be lain by something, the egg couldn't have come first.

It doesn't matter if it came form the chicken or the chicken's great ancestor, it had to come form somewhere.

Evolution>Beginning of the bird>bird evolves> bird can now lay eggs>bird lays eggs.

See what Im saying? 

Edited by Onylex

Jesus? Well technically in a creationist point of view, I guess you can say that... technically. But book clearly states that it was God, not necessarily Jesus. That name didn't even come into play until the time of the New Testament. :huh:

Sorry, getting a little off topic there. ^_^

True dat. My mistake. Lolz ^_^
  • Brohoof 1

OMG thats not what Im saying at all...   :okiedokielokie:

Im saying where does the egg originate form, it doesn't just suddenly become. It needs to be lain by something, the couldn't have come first.

It doesn't matter if it came form the chicken or the chicken's great ancestor, it had to come form somewhere.

Evolution>Beginning of the bird>bird evolves> bird can now lay eggs>bird lays eggs.

See what Im saying? 

Yes, I do see what you are saying.

However, the question is not "what came first, the chicken's great ancestor or the egg". It specifically states chicken.

Therefore, the egg came first. Doesn't matter where the egg came from, it is enough that it was around before the chicken.

Yes, I do see what you are saying.

However, the question is not "what came first, the chicken's great ancestor or the egg". It specifically states chicken.

Therefore, the egg came first. Doesn't matter where the egg came from, it is enough that it was around before the chicken.

1 v 1 you and meh.

Fight me irl faget! Your mom went to college and you have a crap K/D ratio. 

#Darkscope360NoScopeShwager

Unevolved, Lazerflash? Like this Jungle Fowl with it's lithe muscles, clean build, and lack of huge hunks of hanging and unneeded muscle that is caused by farmers genetically modifying the poor creature into a grotesquely muscled beast born for human consumption?

img-2310355-1-red-junglefowl.jpg

Thats not at all what I meant. I meant like wayyy wayyyyy long ago before a chicken was really a chicken but was still kind of a chicken. I agree with you. Its wrong what farmers are doing

Creationism: Chicken came first

Or maybe he was hungry for something new at breakfast and decided to create the egg!

Or he decided perhaps he needed something that tasted good. So good that everything else should taste like it!

in no particular order. But then combined the two and said "YUM!" breakfast AND dinner in one!

.. I dunno, its late.. early.. one of those, and this seemed funnier in my head...

Edit: oh hey.. post 1200.. changeling time..

hmmm

guess now I need to hiss and skulk about some shadows...

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Ugh....God........I hate this question, :lol:

The chicken came first. Because when God created the world, he created the creatures fully grown. Or to be more specific, what he said. /\

I have to agree with Pat on this. 

I say chicken. I mean wouldn't it be the same as asking which came first, the human or the embryo? I mean, humans (chickens) would be first, and the embryo (egg) would only be the way of reproduction so more humans (chickens) could come about. I mean, where would the egg even come from if there was no chicken to make it. The egg is created by the chicken to make more chickens. True that specific egg did come before a chicken (growing up in life kinda way) but it was the original already existing chicken who created it. So I say chicken and think of that as pretty much...umm...don't wanna say obvious, but certainly not something that is questioned for so long.

Woops, nvm.

They always say the chicken because its in the bible somewhere... But where?

I don't think the bible ever actually sayed the word "chicken," but that doesn't mean it doesnt make reference to it, perhaps as a clean/unclean animal. Idk. But I don't think that word is ever mentioned.

I remember this, and it being backed by a recent finding of sorts.

Since I can't use google, I can't use names specifically, but there's an enzyme/protein/whatever present in chickens that forms the shell of the egg. This is not present in the egg itself, until much later on after it hatches and forms the chicken--I believe the discovery was just that, it's not present in the embryo/egg, so what is the egg is unable to form itself, and must rely on the chicken to be created.

Or something like that.

Edited by SFyr
  • Brohoof 1

The Egg.

Why, you ask?

Well, Dinosaurs laid eggs before chickens were created.

BOOM.

Enjoy your mind slowly melting.

xD

• Brohoof 2

If you fuckers think that Unknown Bird ---> Egg ---> Chicken AND that the justification for this is evolution, you need to go back to your college biology courses. That's really REALLY not how evolution works... it's not even how genetic mutation works. The question itself is stupid. It assumes implied information about the system that we don't have.

The egg came first. More than likely the chicken that hatched out of that egg wad a hybrid of sorts. The two creatures responsible for this I have no idea.

I have just realized something.

This question is another way of asking if you are Darwainist or Creationist. Mind = blown.

Am I stupid or is this a breakthrough?

• 5 years later...