So then, who IS the oldest brony?

Oblivion

I've shown my grandpa (my dad's dad) mlp around 2 years ago, his reaction was "these ponies are cute." (Translated from Chinese)

His love for ponies sort of went up when he was hospitalized, I would show him some episodes and translate some catch-phrases for him and he would grin and even laugh at times, and he seemed to really like the friendship lessons.

I don't know if that counts him as a brony, but his reaction to mlp and us bronies was fairly positive.

By the way, he was 91.

"Was" b/c he died around 5 months before season 3 came out. :(

Edited by Solid Scorpion
  • Brohoof 3

At the moment, to my knowledge, I am the oldest active brony on this site at 45. @@Argumedies may have me beat, but I don't know for sure as I don't know his age. :) There *are* several registered members who admit their age in their profile, and are older than I, but the last time they posted was some time last year as far as I'm aware.

The oldest brony I've ever met was 55, but I believe the person @@Dark Qiviut met at Bronycon is the 'official' oldest brony.

I wasn't sure but I had a feeling that if any, you would have been the closest.

And to be honest, and since I've teased it enough on the subject.

This end of march I will be 46

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't sure but I had a feeling that if any, you would have been the closest.

And to be honest, and since I've teased it enough on the subject.

This end of march I will be 46

Gotcha. I go 46 in October, so you've got half a year on me. Yay! I can update my profile, as I'm *not* the oldest active brony on the site. :)

• Brohoof 1

I haven't met any and the oldest I know is probably either 16 or 17 (even though I don't exactly know if he's a brony).. But the oldest I've heard about is 42 years old.

Heh. For those continuing to say @@Wingnut and @@Thunderchild, there's kind of a group of us older bronies/pegasisters who are all friends and chat together on occasion. Those two are slightly younger than I, and @@Argumedies has just admitted to being slightly older. ;) There's about a score or so of us who admit to being in this age bracket who are active on this site, last time I counted.

Interestingly the older bronies/pegasisters are all reasonably close in age, relatively speaking. I'm not entirely sure why it's clustered like that.

Well I've been around y'all long enough to be a bit more relaxed about it. At first I didn't want anyone to really know but that cats out of the bag now. and now that I know there are others... well I don't feel so bad about it any more.

I have a friend who's 64 who loves to watch the show with his grandkids who he got them into. He's a kooky old guy, but an awesome friend. I would call him a brony since he introduced the show to his grandkids and has a Twilight Sparkle blindbag toy by his tv.

• Brohoof 1

Saw a new brony on the welcoming plaza a few weeks ago she said she was a grandma, she was a super nice person too  :)

Well, it's hard to tell age based on family relations. I am a great-great-great aunt, and I'm only 22

• Brohoof 1

Well, it's hard to tell age based on family relations. I am a great-great-great aunt, and I'm only 22

I'm 21 and I fear I'll be a great-uncle soon...

and yeah, my Mom was a grandmother by my sister at like 35 or so, so that doesn't always mean someone is what you would call old. 

• Brohoof 1

I've shown my grandpa (my dad's dad) mlp around 2 years ago, his reaction was "these ponies are cute." (Translated from Chinese)

His love for ponies sort of went up when he was hospitalized, I would show him some episodes and translate some catch-phrases for him and he would grin and even laugh at times, and he seemed to really like the friendship lessons.

I don't know if that counts him as a brony, but his reaction to mlp and us bronies was fairly positive.

By the way, he was 91.

"Was" b/c he died around 5 months before season 3 came out. :(

He definatly sounds like a brony to me! Haha, he had us all beat by a few years!

This guy, he's 55 years old, and he's from Russia: Siberia

attachicon.gifF1jdCv6f79U.jpg attachicon.gifFxZX53xLycU.jpg

No doubt he's the oldest brony. And I think that he's a little... insane, but who we are to judge him, right? He looks pretty happy, and this is the main thing.

I am a big softie, I would have a hard time ever getting mad at a guy like that, especially since he loves dear Fluttershy so much! :yay:

• Brohoof 1

And I am only 20 and am an uncle, a lot of people think of unles as being 45-50ish...for some reason, lol! :P

I should just convert my dad into a brony, lol, though that might be a bit difficult.. :P

I'm 43

And curse that 20 character minimum

Lol, thae charcter limit use to be 100. :lol: