• 130-139 IQ
    • 120-129 IQ
    • 110-119 IQ
    • 100+-109 IQ
    • 91-100 IQ
    • 81-90 IQ
    • 71-80 IQ
    • 70 or lower IQ

I am curious how smart most people think Pinkie Pie is -- note this is her IQ, not her memory or her EQ.  I am also interested in how this ties to whether she was in character in filli vanilli.

Since I am doing this poll I also added one for Sweetie Belle as she is the other character with a wide disagreement as to how smart she is. 

All of the other characters except for RD maybe are much better established in regard to how smart they are.

My order of intelligence:

Twilight > Rarity = Applejack > Fluttershy = RD = Pinkie

Now, Pinkie isn't stupid, neither is RD; I find them past AJ to be even in order of intelligence, and Rarity and AJ being smarter than the other 3; Twilight, obviously, is the most intelligent.

They're all smart in their own way, though :D

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie Pie can break physics. She's smarter than Einstein!  :lol:

In all seriousness, I think Pinkie Pie is genius-level smart. Her Eidetic memory, her sixth sense, her general multi-talented assets - they're all signs of a huge amount of brainpower. Here's a good read if you're stuck on her intelligence ;)

• Brohoof 3

Pinkie Pie is smart in her own way, a way that everypony not always understand. In fact I dare to say that Pinkie Pie is smarter than Twilight, in life experiences of course.

Twilight is good with numbers and spells, but on the other hand Pinkie has a 'street' intelligence, similar to Rarity's because she has to deal with customers and run her own business.

What I like about Pinkie is that, she acts like she's 'dumb' or random, but she's far from that because in the end, somehow, she would deliver a experience moral, just like she did in Pinkie Apple Pie.

Also, Rarity and her, were able to show Fluttershy how to persuade ponies into getting what she wants in Putting your Hoof Down. That's the kind of smart you can't be taught in a classroom or from books, you have to live them in order to learn.

She's like 10/10 pretty smart, brah. But I think that much like me or Val Kilmer's character in "Real Genius", she never really sees a reason to apply her sizable intellect. I mean, like, she might have the proof to the Riemann Hypothesis floatin' around in there, but we'd never know it.

She has her smart moments and moments where she is lost at times, but Pinkie is not dumb at all. Each of them are smart in their own way, so I think that Pinkie Pie is probably a genius.

She's an idiot savant. Her day to day intelligence is that of a young child, but she's a genius in specific fields like music and throwing parties. She also shows the occasional bursts of insight in her madness. But no. If she has a high IQ it's well-hidden.

The truth is that Pinkie Pie is the most intellegent being on ear-Equestria.

I know of no other filly (or of anyone from any species for that matter) who can successfully throw a party at that young a age.

Also, the many times Pinkie has broken the fourth wall is unmesurable, yet Equestria still stands. She knows how to avoid the deep, dark consequences of breaking it.

She's also very streetsmart, considering she's the only one who concluded that Gilda was a total *****.

Simply put, Pinkie has an IQ that exceeds even Celestia's IQ, Twilight's IQ, and Luna's IQ combined. Either that or she's really a Time Pony from Galhoofrey.

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie is an up and down wacky-goofy character, but I think she is very intelligent. And some moments like in Filli Vanilli don't make her a stupid pony.

I finally figured out Pinkie Pie in Filli Vanilli on my third rewatch of the episode. 

The twirly mustache look she had when she popped up at the turkey calling contest locked everything into place.

She used her newly acquired apple family tie to attend their turkey calling contest and either sabotaged Big Mac or merely goaded her with her performance into losing his voice for the purpose of forcing Fluttershy to take his place.

The whole episode was a desensitization exercise.  If you look at her lines from start to finish with the view that she is being a mastermind here, it all works very well together. 

Well played Pinkie.

she plays 10 instruments simultaneously, is clearly knowledgeable having known what parasprites were, remembers all birthdays of everypony without a reference would require an impressive memory. She is also prescient... has 6 hooves and defies the laws of physics... certainly intelligent. might be a genius.... mad scientist and evil baker also.

Pinkie Pie's intelligence is a interesting topic, I personally think she is more intelligent than what she first look's like. I have seen a lot scenes to proof that.

1. Dragonshy She plays (oh my gosh,I don't know how this game is named in English) tic tac to with Rarity and she had won 12 matches in a row, if I remember right. There are two possible conclusions, either Rarity is dumb, which I don't belive, or Pinkie is a extreme good strategist. I personally think if somepony teaches her chess she would be unbeatable.

2. Swarm of the century. The only reason that Pinkie first tried to find a trombone and playing it at the end of the episode, must be that she analyzed the situation so good that she knew it would end like this. Again Pinkie is way ahead.

And that paired with her incredible memory, make her to me highly intelligent.

I think that Pinkie Pie is average honestly, she's no Twilight Sparkle.

I think that Sweetie Belle is just below average, giving her age and all.

Also, I think that Pinkie's portrayal in Filli Vanilli was out of character.

well if i may answer in a geeky way,
Pinkie is wise,

not smart.

I think she has know how, less so than knowledge.

where as twilight is more book taught and has less practical application (though she keeps getting better on that).

So, since I have literally no understanding of the points of IQ and to what degree they determine intelligence, I pretty much winged my answers up there.

Anywho, generally speaking, I think Pinkie Pie is honestly average in terms of intelligence, perhaps even a little above average.

Though, that latter portion is based off of opinion, since the show never does truly specify her practical intelligence by any means.

Pinkie may come off as "stupid" at times, but its important to note that a majority of her actions in the show are based off of her desire to make the ponies around her smile, while sometimes working through her own insecurities. She knows exactly what she's doing... except in Filli Vanilli, but she was OOC as hell there.

... Okay, maybe also in A Friend In Deed, but that worked because it was a different kind of pony, which she wasn't used to.

Average, she seems to be extremely knowledgable about a few topics but is also very naive and can be a tad clueless at times though she isn't what I would call stupid.