Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you refer to yourself regarding being a MLP fan?

LongGoneGr

I usually just say brony even though I like the term "pegasister" better. It's easier to find merchandise of the word 'brony', so I usually just go with that. 

As I'm a fan of FIM and "brony" is defined as a fan of FIM without regards to age, gender, and culture, I refer to "brony."

And I'm DAMN proud of it, too. <3

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

Normally I just call myself an MLP fan as it's easiest that way.

I'm fine with both the brony and pegasister labels too, but since the fandom appears to be fairly divided on what to call its female fans, I just opt for calling myself a fan for the sake of no conflict. Some think that the word brony sounds too male exclusive, whereas other people think the entirety of the fandom, regardless of gender, are to be called bronies. If you want to call me a brony, go for it. If you prefer the word pegasister for females, by all means use it. I'm not picky. What's in a name so long as I love MLP? :)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 2

Brony, but I slip up and refer to myself as a "Rarity fan" sometimes :D

Eh. I like Brony.

It sounds cool.

It's a portmanteau of "Bro" and "Pony"

Like, portmanteaus are radical, man.

Totally tubular. 

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

I very rarely use the term "Brony" when other people ask if I like the show. Not because I don't like the term or that I don't agree with it, I just think it's better for clarification if I say "I really like the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".

And then if they ask "So, you're a Brony?" I just reply with "Yes". 

• Brohoof 2

I don't typically even bring it up outside of MLPForums. It never really comes up on any of the sites I'm on and no one in daily life mentions it.

The rare times it does come up though I never really refer to myself as a brony. I don't do enough in the community to be even remotely considered a brony. I watched the shows and ogle fanart. That's about it.

• Brohoof 2

I consider myself a hardcore brony considering i just got a RD cutiemark tattoo. then again I dont bring up mlp when i start a conversation with someone. Because I would much rather talk about MLP with other bronies. But ofcourse I can talk about it to non bronies if they seem interested. Like someone said above, I wouldnt say im a brony I would rather go with the term I really like MLP FIM since not everyone knows what a brony is. But i still consider myself a brony

Edited by SveciaDash
  • Brohoof 1

I don't typically even bring it up outside of MLPForums. It never really comes up on any of the sites I'm on and no one in daily life mentions it.

The rare times it does come up though I never really refer to myself as a brony. I don't do enough in the community to be even remotely considered a brony. I watched the shows and ogle fanart. That's about it.

Kinda the same in here.

I watch the show and look up fanart and Fanfics and discuss the show but I don't seem to be as active as the other members of the fandom.

As for @OP

I refer to myself as a fan of the show, nothing more, Nothing less

I'm fine with the term "brony", and I usually will just call myself that. Although when I first started watching it, I didn't really like calling myself a brony, so I would just say MLP:FiM fan. 

• Brohoof 1

I tell people how it is, I love the fuck out of My Little Pony, if friends have a problem with it, they aint a problem to me, because they become irrelevant if they dont wanna accept me for who I am. I'll take any title someone throws on me if it pertains to obsession for the show.

• Brohoof 2

How does that have anything to do with being a brony or not? You're a fan of FIM, right? If so, that makes you a brony. You have thousands, if not tens of thousands, of bronies who just watch the show, buy the toys, or read the comics, and don't get actively involved in the community/fandom. Saying you need to do more in the fandom to be a brony is really overthinking the title.
  • Brohoof 3

I don't really collect toys of any sort anymore but to be honest, I really miss those days when I did. I mean, I got My Little Pony clothing, I have seen all the episodes, we all post on forums, I listen to the MLP remixes, I would say I am probably obsessed.