Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EqG TV Series?

Grumpy Enchantress

I wouldn't watch that.

I didn't like the ponies turning into humans. That ruined the whole movie for me.

• Brohoof 2

I... would give it a chance. I would judge it on its own merits and if they bring something new to the table and aren't just a long commercial, or at the very least an entertaining commercial, then I would watch it. But it will need some personality.

• Brohoof 1

The Equestria Girls TV Show, um, I am not sure on that. The movie was good, but a whole TV show based on it, I am not so sure on that. If it is anything like Penguins of Madascar, or Back to the Barnyard, I think those were based of movies, then, I will watch it, but something like Equestria Girls, I doubt they can do the same thing as Penguins of Madascar or Back to the Barnyard did. I think they worked because the concept behind the movies had the potential for TV shows, but Equestria Girls, I don't think there can be a good TV show for it, but the idea of the human Twilight Sparkle attending the same school as the pony Twilight Sparkle attended for just three days, at least, I think it was only three days, will be a funny one. Like, everyone will remember the pony Twilight Sparkle, since she was very different from them, and they might think the human Twilight Sparkle is the same, but what if she isn't? What if the human Twilight Sparkle is nothing like the Twilight Sparkle they knew, the pony one? For one thing, if she is the human Twilight Sparkle, she won't need to learn how to adapt to being a human, since she was a human all hers life, meaning, she will be able to do all the things that the other humans can do without even needing to think, since she is a human. Wait, I have another idea, what if they made a movie, called Equestria Girls 2 which is like the same as the original one, but this time around, the human Twilight Sparkle came to Equestria, and both the pony and human Twilight Sparkle meet, and Sunset Shimmer is up to her evil ways again? Like, instead of stealing Twilight Sparkle's crown, she steals Princess Celestia's crown and uses it to take over Equestria, and the mane 6, plus the ponified human Twilight Sparkle who is just an unicorn, not an alicorn, like the pony Twilight Sparkle is now, joins forces to defeat Sunset Shimmer. Actually, if that was the original movie, I think it will be pretty good, and more people will like it, not saying I don't like the movie, or that it was bad. It just, if the movie set place in Equestria opposed to the Equestria Girls world, it will have more of the stuff we liked about the show, right? That is just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own.

• Brohoof 3

Unless they make so it has an interesting plot different from what we see in MLP then I don't see why not? For a plot idea why not  have a crossover with the pony Mane 6 meeting the human Mane 6? I thnk that would bring some interesting things to the table. :)

Unless they make so it has an interesting plot different from what we see in MLP then I don't see why not? For a plot idea why not  have a crossover with the pony Mane 6 meeting the human Mane 6? I thnk that would bring some interesting things to the table. :)

That could work as well. That could have some potential for a good TV series.

• Brohoof 1

Please no. I'm not one of those people who mindlessly hates on the movie. I thought it was decent for what it was, a one-time thing. But I really don't want this to happen.

What would be the point, anyway? All the character personalities would be the same, it would just be them as high school students with human problems, we have enough terrible shows like that already.

NO.  That would be terrible.

Well, maybe not terrible, but the number people who likes it might be less than the main series. I guess My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is the main series.

No thanks.

Cartoon shows begat by animated movies usually aren't very good. They're just milking the name for all its worth.

Likewise, EG's purpose is to promote a spin-off toyline. One that's an iffy idea in the first place (it's just Hasbro trying to get a piece of Mattel's pie and using the MLP name to do it). The storylines would just be light high school fluff we haven't seen before (and better).

(edited)

Cartoon shows begat by animated movies usually aren't very good. They're just milking the name for all its worth.

The movie was based on a TV show, though.  :huh:

Likewise, EG's purpose is to promote a spin-off toyline. 

And FiM's purpose is to promote the regular toyline.  :derp:

Edited by Grumpy Enchantress

(edited)

If they treat the show with the same care as they do with FiM I'd watch it! Like I said before in other threads, I thought Equestria Girls was a fun movie so I'm not opposed to the idea of a TV show.

Also, isn't there a thread on this already?

Edited by TheCoffeeMan