Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

King Sombra Fan Club

Castle Bleck

I see Sombra, I post Sombra. <3

square_series___sombra_by_sophiecabra-d7

• Brohoof 1

I wonder how much magical power Sombra actually has, if Cadence, an alicorn, and Twilight Sparkle, one of the most powerful unicorns there are, couldn't just do a direct confrontation against him, especially with the Power of Love and Friendship being able to do bonus damage to him

(edited)

I wonder how much magical power Sombra actually has, if Cadence, an alicorn, and Twilight Sparkle, one of the most powerful unicorns there are, couldn't just do a direct confrontation against him, especially with the Power of Love and Friendship being able to do bonus damage to him

Let's see:

1. Anti-magic crystals.

2. Mass teleportation.

3. Shadow-control.

4. Mass brainwashing.

5. Regeneration.

6. Concealment.

7. Semi-sentient cursed doors.

8. Pocket dimensions of nigh-endless stairs.

9. Dark magic "landmines."

That's... quite a moveset.

Edited by A.V.

Cadence is weak as Hell and Twilight never actually faced him head on, just his traps. She said something like

"I don't have time to figure this out", implying that she could figure it out given some time

Sombra is clever, but he's not as strong as say Juiced up Chrysalis or Discord

(edited)

Cadence is weak as Hell and Twilight never actually faced him head on, just his traps. She said something like

"I don't have time to figure this out", implying that she could figure it out given some time

Sombra is clever, but he's not as strong as say Juiced up Chrysalis or Discord

The most impressive thing about him is how crazy prepared he was.

First there was the fear he placed in the hearts of his subjects, fear that would prevent them from entering the Castle. Those that would enter would be unable to find the crystal heart without first being either a unicorn or alicorn that knew how to use dark magic,  there was the door that showed a pony their greatest fear (which, without Spike, Twilight would have been trapped staring at the open door), and the stairs that without being able to fly or use a gravity spell like Twilight did would take forever to climb. Then there was the last fail safe in which if a pony got to the crystal heart they would be left trapped, being unable to use magic or teleport out.

Based on that alone, Sombra must have a dangerously impressive intelligence. I would also say even Queen Chryalis would be unable to get to the crystal heart though Discord could possibly find it (there being a chance he cannot because he uses chaos magic not dark magic).

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 2

@@EquestrianScholar,

Obviously, Sombra is dangerous because he's smart and prepared traps all over the place. His raw power is kind of lacking seeing as how easily Celestia and Luna blasted him to dust.

Discord or Chrysalis wouldn't need the heart, they could just kill him. Well, Chrysalis would need to be juiced up on love, but you know. Nightmare Moon is strong enough to handle him as well, so is Sunset Shimmer in her demon form. Obviously Tirek

But would they be able to beat his traps? No, probably not 

Queen Chrysalis and Sunset Shimmer I believe would not be able to defeat King Sombra. Admittingly the writers did not give a fair viewing of what h could do but I don't believe he is so weak that those two could defeat him... especially because of his intelligence.

@@EquestrianScholar,

Obviously, Sombra is dangerous because he's smart and prepared traps all over the place. His raw power is kind of lacking seeing as how easily Celestia and Luna blasted him to dust.

Discord or Chrysalis wouldn't need the heart, they could just kill him. Well, Chrysalis would need to be juiced up on love, but you know. Nightmare Moon is strong enough to handle him as well, so is Sunset Shimmer in her demon form. Obviously Tirek

But would they be able to beat his traps? No, probably not

But theimpressive thing is that he's a unicorn and can do this.

(edited)

Much like the dark side of the force I view Sombra's dark magic as very powerful yet also corrupting and dangerous.

A power at a cost as the idea goes.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Much like the dark side of the force I view Sombra's dark magic as very powerful yet also corrupting and dangerous.

A power at a cost as the idea goes.

Not really. Alicorn Amulet Trixie is apparently still within limits for a unicorn, so there are unicorns stronger than her or Sombra

Not really. Alicorn Amulet Trixie is apparently still within limits for a unicorn, so there are unicorns stronger than her or Sombra

Well, I would agree that Star Swirl and pre-wings Twilight would be more powerful, though I am skeptical on how efficient Trixie was with the alicorn amulet. Her main point was to humiliate Twilight AND Ponyville; not much else beyond that, and it was a given that none of the unicorns in Ponyville could match her with the amulet.

Now if the amulet was in the hands of someone with truly evil intentions such as Sunset Shimmer, Crysalis, or Sombra, then I would think it shows that Trixie was underusing it, but then again it is speculation on my part.

Well, I would agree that Star Swirl and pre-wings Twilight would be more powerful, though I am skeptical on how efficient Trixie was with the alicorn amulet. Her main point was to humiliate Twilight AND Ponyville; not much else beyond that, and it was a given that none of the unicorns in Ponyville could match her with the amulet.

Now if the amulet was in the hands of someone with truly evil intentions such as Sunset Shimmer, Crysalis, or Sombra, then I would think it shows that Trixie was underusing it, but then again it is speculation on my part.

The biggest boost so far was the book. It turned Rarity from an okay unicorn, to requiring Luna, Cadence, and Twilight to get under control

The biggest boost so far was the book. It turned Rarity from an okay unicorn, to requiring Luna, Cadence, and Twilight to get under control

Admittedly I forgot that (had to rewatch that part, always forget that episode), but the dark magic in Rarity had already left her by the time Luna, Cadence, & Twilight were cleaning up the town.

Though, I can imagine THAT magic putting up quite the fight no doubt.

Gotta love endings where Twilight is in a huff.

Admittedly I forgot that (had to rewatch that part, always forget that episode), but the dark magic in Rarity had already left her by the time Luna, Cadence, & Twilight were cleaning up the town.

Though, I can imagine THAT magic putting up quite the fight no doubt.

Gotta love endings where Twilight is in a huff.

Still, that magic buffed her up to Discord levels of destruction

Still, that magic buffed her up to Discord levels of destruction

I won't doubt that. Rarity's handiwork with Ponyville gives a rather scary preview of what she could to to "Manehatten, Filly Delphia, Canterlot," as she put it.

• Brohoof 1

So, let's say that the invasion plan of AU Celestia worked and let's also say that evil Sombra of the main world was still around, what would happen?

a_match_made_in_hell_by_drako1997-d7m2o2

Excuse me while I sob the corner. My heart still breaks for AU Sombra. :(

from_love_to_hatred_by_inuhoshi_to_darkp

• Brohoof 3

BAD-ASS!!!!!! SO FRICKEN' BAD ASS!!!!

king_sombra_by_sophiecabra-d7pdkeg.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...