King Sombra Fan Club

Castle Bleck

That is the name given to Sombra's race in the FIENDship comics; also known as the shadow ponies. :)

Ah...I haven't read those. Hmm...

Here is my ponysona Lee! An interesting character, by all accounts.

The split minded adventurer David Pocket is here with Poe to keep him company. (Both in need of very heavy editing :/ )

img-20806-1-img-20806-1-8.jpg

Also, here's my: Johari Window

That is the name given to Sombra's race in the FIENDship comics; also known as the shadow ponies. :)

We always suspected unicorns were just equine elves. (An umbra is just a dark/shadow/night pony elf)

Pegasi are angels (batponies being a "fallen" version, like how it happened to Flutters).

Breezies are pixies, with seaponies as the sirens/tritons.

Next thing is getting a better comfirmation of earth ponies as dwarves [some hint already with the Pie family... we need an episode showing the crystal ponies mining the source material for the Empire´s buildings].

We always suspected unicorns were just equine elves. (An umbra is just a dark/shadow/night pony elf)

Pegasi are angels (batponies being a "fallen" version, like how it happened to Flutters).

Breezies are pixies, with seaponies as the sirens/tritons.

Next thing is getting a better comfirmation of earth ponies as dwarves [some hint already with the Pie family... we need an episode showing the crystal ponies mining the source material for the Empire´s buildings].

Normally I'd make a bit of a fit over you saying bat ponies and vampire ponies are the same, but I actually am to tired right now to care. Also, what would you qualify Diamond Dogs as then? Just asking out of curiosity. 

• Brohoof 1

Here is my ponysona Lee! An interesting character, by all accounts.

The split minded adventurer David Pocket is here with Poe to keep him company. (Both in need of very heavy editing :/ )

img-20806-1-img-20806-1-8.jpg

Also, here's my: Johari Window

Normally I'd make a bit of a fit over you saying bat ponies and vampire ponies are the same, but I actually am to tired right now to care. Also, what would you qualify Diamond Dogs as then? Just asking out of curiosity. 

Fair point. It is like comparing "fruit bats" with "Vampire Fruit Bats" ; totally unfair from my part... [sarcasm]

Flutters only remarkable difference with Luna´s threshals was sentience.

Her friends would have accepted her "new form" if she was still able to talk [and "behaved" in public places]; since it would not interfere at all with her job for the Ponyville comunity: caring controling animals (her destiny). 

- - - - 

I consider Diamond Dogs "reverse dragons".

They work in groups using tools, (plus other creature´s abilities, like the "Dig Dogs" or Rarity), to locate deposits of gemstones; with the porpouse of either make themselves "good looking accesories"; or for profit (they prefer to give them up, rather than making their lives miserable/uncomfortable).

A dragon uses only his/her own bodyparts, alone; to mindlessly accumulate gemstones in a single spot, inside a rocky place... for no other reason than general greed (or an ocasional "party" consisting in just eating them). If someone perturbates this status quo, they will hurt themselves in battle (or get ridiculed trying), instead of sharing or giving them away.

Edited by SilverComet

• 1 month later...

Not fanart; but this is an awesome piece. Guess Andy Price took some inspiration from his older work. :P

980953__safe_idw_king+sombra_spoiler-col

I squeed so much at the end of the comic on the left :D :D :D :D. I loved it and I am so excited :D :D :D :3. He looks great like always post-28830-0-87867800-1428770358.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

XD Sorry if this is irrelevant compared to the rest of the comments here but I just wanted to point out: Did anypony else notice on fiendship is magic #1 page number 12/13 that Sombra as a teenager was a fan of Pony Attack on Titan? XDDDDDD I just noticed it right now after reading it for the third time.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sombra gets ALL of the mares! I mean seriously Radiant Hope is a given and now he has a hypnotized Twilight and a rather disgruntled Queen.

What a King. XD

_commission__living_in_er___harmony__by_

• Brohoof 3

0C974976-AEAC-473F-A904-E17FE9F80486.png
Pathfinder I Sojourner I CorsairZu'hra I Autumn | Scarlet Willow | Gypsy | Silverthorn | Crystal Whisper | Radiant Historia | And many other OCs~
Matching signatures with mah Bestie MOONLIGHT <3

Sombra gets ALL of the mares! I mean seriously Radiant Hope is a given and now he has a hypnotized Twilight and a rather disgruntled Queen.

What a King. XD

sig-4201988._commission__living_in_er___

Of course he gets all the mares. Who could deny him, whether they be hypnotized or not? XD He is too awesome :D <3 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Hey, um, did Jeremy Whitley forget that Sombra can also cast reality-warping curses (making whole kingdoms vanish, creating weird pocket dimensions of stairs and traps, etc.)?

I mean, the new statue spell was cool and all, but it was still kind of underwhelming compared to said curses.

Edited by A.V.

Sorry, fellows, we all know who the real villain of Season 3 was...

pTRU1-16740234dt.jpg

Anyways, jokes aside, Sombra's awesome and his story in the comic was as well.

His Heel-Face Turn was pretty rushed, but at least it had some prior buildup (unlike Sunset's, even though they were ultimately able to expand upon it and make it work anyway).

• Brohoof 2

His Heel-Face Turn was pretty rushed, but at least it had some prior buildup (unlike Sunset's, even though they were ultimately able to expand upon it and make it work anyway).

I was initially against the redemption, but I've softened up over it the past few days. Granted I'm on the fence as to whether I can fully consider this arc canon with the show, but on it's own it was still a very enjoyable story.

That said I kinda hope we revisit Sombra and Hope on their adventures as it looks like the Princess Amore thing could be a decent story. Also, interesting how things go considering that with evil Sombra in the mirror dimension and now good Sombra in the regular-verse; nicely played IDW.

Pathfinder I Sojourner I CorsairZu'hra I Autumn | Scarlet Willow | Gypsy | Silverthorn | Crystal Whisper | Radiant Historia | And many other OCs~

Okay, is it obvious why I love this pic? Well, that ONE thing aside, just having Sombra vs Velvet seems fairly fitting as Velvet's ice-based attacks remind me of Sombra's ability to generate crystals from nothing. :)

_side_art__crystal_ice_the_crossover_by_

• Brohoof 2

Okay, is it obvious why I love this pic? Well, that ONE thing aside, just having Sombra vs Velvet seems fairly fitting as Velvet's ice-based attacks remind me of Sombra's ability to generate crystals from nothing. :)

sig-4298291.sig-4284956._side_art__cryst

Okay, I hate to be that guy, but:

sig-4298291.mlfw5550-57b455af881e2879697

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

foreboding_by_stasysolitude-d9m8cv1.png

Source: http://stasysolitude.deviantart.com/art/Foreboding-581537053

This is the artist who animated "The Tale of One Shadow," which remains my favorite fan-made MLP animation to this day. Even though this isn't a new piece from this artist; it is nice to know she is still around. :)

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...