Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Why is there no MLP game for PS3 or Xbox!?!

ThePunisher026

Just a though, but am I the only one who would love to see a MLP: FiM game for a major console? I'm sure it would sell great considering there are so many users on this site who are fans, and there are fans who do not even have accounts. Just think about how awesome it would be to use your own custom pony and meet the others. I imagine something like Playstation Home. What do you guys think?

• Brohoof 1

First you'd have to have a concept. It's pretty likely that in spite of games like Fighting is Magic Hasbro would be pretty likely to come up with the simplest possible concept to use because the target audience is too young for anything complex.

Minigame madness or life simulators is the best we'd get. Hardly anything worth the time.

• Brohoof 3

Good question....It would be nice to have it as a MMORPG, that way we could create our OC's and free-roam through Equestria.  Only problem is........Cost.  However, if there were a game, most likely it would be release on the 3DS.  Exactly what theCoffeeMan said, :D

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I see you guys point but I didn't mean I WANT IT NOW. I mean like, why isn't there one out already? I mean let's be honest, if Hasbro wanted to they probably could. There's the one for iPad that sold decently so why not? I guess I should keep my fingers crossed for it, eh?

It would be more than likely on the 3DS if it was made, since it would obviously be child friendly. It might be used as an indie game on XBOX Live arcade or PSN but that's probably about it. The target demographic isn't usually into consoles non-Nintendo related. It would also most likely cost a good bit of money to make and mass produce for a standard console like the XBOX 360/XBOX One and PS3/PS4. 

• Brohoof 3

if mlp were to reach a gaming console I think the perfect one would be the 3DS, I think an adventure game or a better version of the android/iOS game would fit perfectly handhelds.

also, target, most kids have hanhelds.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Because the proper scientific term for what it costs to develop a modern game of the caliber you see on PS/Xbox would be "shittons and shitloads of money". Hasbro is not the kind of company take that kind of risk on a property that the fans such a game would appeal to is fairly new and unpredictable.  

if mlp were to reach a gaming console I think the perfect one would be the 3DS, I think an adventure game or a better version of the android/iOS game would fit perfectly handhelds.

also, target, most kids have hanhelds.

BULLSHIT. I call BULLSHIT sir on the grounds that my cheap-ass doesn't own a 3DS yet so I wouldn't be able to play it. XD

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 2

A game with a concept just like Animal Crossing but with highly accurate and detailed sprites of our favorite ponies. That right there spells a good game with big hit potential that will attract the intended audience of all ages.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

3. final question Why your consoles don't have a mlp fim game yet?  Because it cost them money plus look what happened when they rushed the new Duke Nuk'em Game it failed bad !

Rushed? That sumbitch had been in development for like 15 freakin' years as of release. You could make an entire intensive documentary with hours of footage just about that games trainwreck of a development cycle.   

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

A game with a concept just like Animal Crossing but with highly accurate and detailed sprites of our favorite ponies. That right there spells a good game with big hit potential that will attract the intended audience of all ages.

This would be an awesome game.

I could see them adding in the petting and feeding and what not that was in Pokemon X/Y.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, the animal crossing idea is probably one of the better ones. A lot of ones - like the Fighting is Magic concept - completely ignore the fact that that's not what the show's based around. It's pretty out-of-character for any of them to solve problems by beating things to a pulp. Even the "big bad" episodes tend to be powered by supar-frendship.

I could also see a Mario Party style of game, although minigames would probably want to stay somewhat away from violence. (Things like "stand on, and roll around, a ball to knock other ponies off the platform" would be safe enough)

• Brohoof 3

Because the proper scientific term for what it costs to develop a modern game of the caliber you see on PS/Xbox would be "shittons and shitloads of money". Hasbro is not the kind of company take that kind of risk on a property that the fans such a game would appeal to is fairly new and unpredictable.  

BULLSHIT. I call BULLSHIT sir on the grounds that my cheap-ass doesn't own a 3DS yet so I wouldn't be able to play it. XD

why don't you try the 2DS instead, it's 130 bucks I believe

having a 2DS is like, having a 3DS without 3D, but if you think further, is the reminder that you're poor ;_;

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

why don't you try the 2DS instead, it's 130 bucks I believe

having a 2DS is like, having a 3DS without 3D, but if you think further, is the reminder that you're poor ;_;

I can get a used normal 3DS slightly cheaper that what the 2DS runs around here, so I'd probably go for that if I did. I just can't justify dropping over $100 on a handheld right now because I haven't even given my NDS and PSP enough game time yet.

Edited by Shoboni

This would be an awesome game.

I could see them adding in the petting and feeding and what not that was in Pokemon X/Y.

Now that would be cool.  Not to mention, friendship increase.  Good Call. :D

• Brohoof 1

I can get a used normal 3DS slightly cheaper that what the 2DS runs around here, so I'd probably go for that if I did. I just can't justify dropping over $100 on a handheld right now because I even given my NDS and PSP enough game time yet.

me neither, the DS has an infinite game library, but the 3DS is a very cool console in my opinion, so cool that I wouldn't adjust to the DS inferior graphics.

• Brohoof 1

(Moving to Sugarcube Corner since this is about MLP)

I don't think it would sell on those really, like it was said 3DS would probably be the best platform for it maybe. It could still look good though, if they put in any effort. :huh:

But, if they could somehow make a beautiful HD 2D game like the recent Rayman games out of the show, or perhaps make it look exactly like the show like the South Park game, on perhaps more current major consoles like PS4/Wii U/Xbone, then I'd be all for it personally. :D

But, I kinda doubt it would happen. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Agh, I wish any platform could have one..

A nice adventure RPG of sorts. With side quest mini games like winter wrap up and fun stuff like that! Basically each event based off each or most episodes! ^_^ I'd play that and never put it down.

plus look what happened when they rushed the new Duke Nuk'em Game it failed bad !

Actually, Duke Nukem didn't fail because it was rushed; quite the opposite actually: It failed because it was in development for so long. After 14 years, it would have been impossible to meet what fans were expecting, and the long dev cycle meant that the end result was a mashup of modern and old ideas which didn't always work together.

Back on topic, I believe a My Little Pony game would be pretty successful if they made one. It would have to be low on action and violence since their target demographic is little girls, but they could include little nods to the adult fandom, such as hidden Derpies, or Lyra and Bonbon doing things together.

It could be a puzzle-platformer with less emphasis on combat and more on using different character's special abilities to solve puzzles. It might also be like Skylanders, since that would allow Hasbro to sell more toys.

I don't know f Hasbro would be interested in making the game themselves, but they seem more than happy to license out MLP to anyone who knows what they're doing, so I could see some other company being willing to take the chance.

My dream: Open world action game with lots of stuff to mess around with. Like GTA but less violence and crime and more ponies and soft pastels.