Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Why is there no MLP game for PS3 or Xbox!?!

ThePunisher026

I'm sure a video game could be produced for its target demographic as well as the older demographic. It would have to be throughly researched and would need the right operating budget. A handheld game is definitely possible, it all depends on how Hasbro wants to market it. They've done it with Transformers, so there is no reason why MLP couldn't get the same treatment. Although this property isn't primarily targeted at boys for the most part. But that demographic is changing. The only way for the cartoon industry to thrive is through adult collectors. That's what the comic book industry is doing. 

While Nintendo has casual games they also have

Hardcore games that goes. The same for Xbox and PS3/PS4 have casual and intense and Nintendo has not stronger consoles but just better ones

Be careful what you wish for. If they did make a generation 4 MLP game, for any console, would it really be that good? The only official MLP games Hasbro has produced are the iPad/iPhone game (which is chock-full of micro-transactions and not-so-fun gameplay), and the MLP mini-games on their own website, which aren't anything to get excited about. On the off-chance that they did decide to make a game for handheld or home consoles, it would most likely be like the Adventure Time game that was released on 3DS, which was shallow, short, and cheaply-made. 

I'm just glad that the show is still as good as it is. As long as they keep the show going, and put a lot of love and care into it, I could care less about the lack of any MLP games.

Be careful what you wish for. If they did make a generation 4 MLP game, for any console, would it really be that good? The only official MLP games Hasbro has produced are the iPad/iPhone game (which is chock-full of micro-transactions and not-so-fun gameplay), and the MLP mini-games on their own website, which aren't anything to get excited about. On the off-chance that they did decide to make a game for handheld or home consoles, it would most likely be like the Adventure Time game that was released on 3DS, which was shallow, short, and cheaply-made. 

I'm just glad that the show is still as good as it is. As long as they keep the show going, and put a lot of love and care into it, I could care less about the lack of any MLP games.

If it did suck, then well I just wouldn't play it. If it turned out to be good, then that would be awesome! Not a huge risk on my end anyway.

Because demographics-wise, an MLP game would fit more on the App Store or Nintendo 3DS.

An Animal Crossing-style life in Ponyville game on 3DS would be amazing.

(edited)

If it did suck, then well I just wouldn't play it. If it turned out to be good, then that would be awesome! Not a huge risk on my end anyway.

Well yeah, I mean, I would definitely prefer a quality game if they did decide to make one for consoles, but at the end of the day, I think Hasbro is probably satisfied with the amount of money they're raking in from the show, their toy lines, and their other IPs like Transformers and Littlest Pet Shop.

I just wouldn't get my hopes up if they did announce a game, unless they hired a fantastic game development company with an excellent reputation, which seems pretty unlikely, because MLP's target audience could care less about the intricacies of the gameplay, or how innovative or well-designed a game is. They could put out an MLP game that was complete garbage, and kids or parents who didn't know any better would still buy it. Maybe some bronies too, if they really wanted to own a licensed MLP game, in any form, regardless of quality. 

That's what I'd worry about if they did make a game. Hasbro wouldn't have much motivation to make it excellent, because their target audience mainly only cares about the MLP brand, so they'd buy it anyway. Awesome gameplay just wouldn't be their top priority because of that.

Edited by jackleapp81

Let's say Hasbro  made a Mlp  Fim game for the Ds and Wii-U here's my exact thoughts of how it would be made ?

1. the game would cost 48.00 dollars 2. everyone  rating  3. I think it could be one of those  mystery hidden games !

Like twilight sparkle  would have various items on the list to find in the scence !

Then your special would be powerful magic to defeat Nightmare moon but she escapes in every scence !

Now this is just a idea that may or may not be made by Hasbro and yes you can only use Twilight Sparkle until you solve the hard puzzles and clues in the game then you unlock the other ponies !

I can't see an MLP game ever being developed on a major console. I think I'm happy with what we've got by fans. I mean, we've got the recently released Fighting is Magic Tribute edition and Legends of Equestria mmo coming up. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some MLP game on major consoles aimed at us fans.

I don't know if Hasbro would want to release a video game, unless they have a company that could help them out with the game. I would love to see a MLP game released.

No. Video games plus mlp don't mix very well........ Best case scenario for a FIM game approved by HAZBRO would involve no action, minimal adventure, and boring/meaningless monotony that only little girls could enjoy..

The bigger question is: how is there no crappy handheld game?

Most "little girl's" shows have at least 1 in their lifespan.

No. Video games plus mlp don't mix very well........ Best case scenario for a FIM game approved by HAZBRO would involve no action, minimal adventure, and boring/meaningless monotony that only little girls could enjoy..

Or we'd get something similar to the MLP game on the Hub Website where you make your own pony and level up by learning about friendship (which is basically playing mini-games)

3. final question Why your consoles don't have a mlp fim game yet?  Because it cost them money plus look what happened when they rushed the new Duke Nuk'em Game it failed bad !

Rushed?

(censored response).  Surely you jest.

Come to think of it, there really isn't a good reason why there isn't a console game with an official release.

Harbso has licensed several transformers games and I've heard some decent ones.  It wouldn't be hasbro's first bbq to making a game.

or it's last even if it stunk.

I don't think it would be good,

that said I'm surprised hasbro hasn't tried.

Rushed?

(censored response).  Surely you jest.

Come to think of it, there really isn't a good reason why there isn't a console game with an official release.

Harbso has licensed several transformers games and I've heard some decent ones.  It wouldn't be hasbro's first bbq to making a game.

or it's last even if it stunk.

I don't think it would be good,

that said I'm surprised hasbro hasn't tried.

Maybe there just aren't any big-name developers that want to make and support it.

In the meantime, I would highly recommend "Legends of Equestria", the fanmade MMORPG. It's still in development right now, and they're holding another open server event (April 18-20). Last time in January, I had great fun playing the game for the short time I got to, exploring the beautifully and accurately created areas of Equestria, creating and customizing my pony character, messing about with other people, hanging out at the dance parties at Sugarcube Corner... Basically it's all good! Well, for what was an open alpha anyway, and am sure it's only going to get better and better as development goes on.

Their site and forum are currently down for maintenance and all, but you can still hit them up on FB for updates.

Trust me, if what you want is a fully 3D free-roaming pony game, where you can take part in varying activities and just hang out with other people, then I think you may just find something to like. Be ready for April!