movies/tv Looking for anime recommendations

Callisto

Revolutionary Girl Utena...

Wait, that's nothing at all like SAO or Corpse Party.

Dunt care, watch it nao.

Also:

Shinsekai Yori(From the New World)

Serial Experiments Lain

Haibane Renmei

RahXephon

Noragami

Stein's;Gate

Welcome to the N.H.K.

Madoka Magica

All of the anime I listed(including Utena) have dark/psychological aspects to them.

• Brohoof 2

SAO was amazing to me because of the scenery.

I just could not stop staring!!!

Hellsing OVA is my favorite anime to be honest but I am also a fan of Outlaw Star, Trinity Blood, Soul Eater and Rurouni Kenshin.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It really depends on the person when it comes to the anime, but here are my favorite anime:

Visuals: Sword of the Stranger (I haven't watched it, but my eyes already have erections when it sees some exerpts), Kyoukai no Kanata

Moe and Fluffy Theme: K-ON!

Darker Theme: Darker than Black

Characters: Baka to Test, The World God Only Knows

Story: Code Geass, Steins;Gate, Kyoukai no Kanata

Music/Soundtracks: K-ON! has a solid place in my heart for this

Honestly, my top ones are K-ON! and Kyoukai no Kanata. They're both really visually appealing.

Since most HATE moe or the school theme, I can also suggest to give Sword of the Stranger a shot. I keep hearing nothing but good things about him.

If you're new to anime, ignore The World God Only Knows.

The BEST I can suggest for sure, especially if you're new to anime, is called "Angel Beats!". Seriously, my friends who don't usually watch anime LOVED this one. It's all around good. Not ground breaking, but a great place to start.

Edited by Azusa
  • Brohoof 1

Heyaa, i have recently watched "Sword Art Online" and "Corpse Party" and need some recommendations for more awesome animes.

I love dark/adventure/psychological stuff.

Sword art online is really awesome :D!

How old are you?

Miria Nikki is awesome (16+) and I loved elfn leid (18+). Both are quite short but they pack a lot in and are very very good :) SO MUCH FEEELS!

• Brohoof 2

Sword art online is really awesome :D!

How old are you?

Miria Nikki is awesome (16+) and I loved elfn leid (18+). Both are quite short but they pack a lot in and are very very good :) SO MUCH FEEELS!

Happy Plant knows what he's talking about. If they are your cup of tea, I can add that these two are really popular, and are of pretty high quality.

I can also add "Another" as a good anime. A scene scared me to the point I stopped watching it! (I might just be a big sissy).

• Brohoof 2

Space Dandy, if you get Cartoon Network/Toonami.

I'm not one for anime anymore, but this one is too great to overlook.

It's a parody anime about a space bounty hunter who hunts unregistered aliens.

It's by the same guys who made Cowboy Bebop too, and that animu was God-tier.

Also, if you're into horror, this manga is exactly what you're looking for: http://www.mangareader.net/ibitsu/1

the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya and angel beats are also good anime series! :3 there's so much feels in angel beats! Dx Sayonara zetsubou sensei is also good. it's a comedy anime. Danganronpa the animation was awesome! those are my recommendations! ^-^

I recommend Spice and Wolf, Serial Experiments Lain and Steins;Gate (which have already been mentioned),

Gatchaman Crowds

Girls und Panzer

Sakurasou

Bakemonogatari / nise- / neko- / whatever-monogatari

Sasami-san@ganbaranai

Mnemosyne

Yuushibu

"Oh I gotta dig deep here"

Chobits

Rozen Maiden

Golden Boy

Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Ergo Proxy

Texhnolyze

Ghost in the Shell

• Brohoof 1

Angel Beats and Another!

Angel Beats is an excellent action/comedy anime with a lot of heart and great visuals!

Another is a fantastic horror.mystery show that keeps you guessing. The atmosphere and art direction here is just superb!

(WARNING: Another has a lot of blood in it. If you don't like that, then it might not be for you)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dragon Ball Z.

Ah, man, you're right! How could we forget!?

I love Dragon Ball Z!

I would recommend a lot of animes.  Including, but not limited to

• Death Note
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica
  • High School Of The Dead
  • Bleach
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  • Attack On Titan
  • Baka and Test
  • Rosario + Vampire
  • Dance In The Vampire Bund
  • Blue Exorcist
  • Fairy Tail
  • Black Rock Shooter
  • Black Butler
  • Spice and Wolf
  • Strike Witches

Those are some of the animes that you might want to try.  Note: that some of these shows are rated

TV-MA

Another, Angel Beats, Elfen Lied (I have only seen a couple episodes, but they were enjoyable), Fairy Tail, Kuro Shitsuji, Shigofumi, Darker Than Black (Kuro no Keiyakusha, Ryuusei no Futago was disappointing, though you may enjoy it). I found that with Death Note, Bleach, and Rurouni Kenshin the manga was much better than the anime. I enjoyed Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji, the style is unusual, but it has a more psychological theme. In general I find that shorter series (20ish episodes) tend to be more enjoyable than the longer ones.

• Brohoof 1

Elfen Lied! You will shed so much liquid pride! It's probably the saddest anime ever, even sadder than FMA: Brotherhood.

The thing about Elfen Lied is that it is actually trying too hard with exactly what you've described. It's my main source of disagreement with it.

It seemed to want to make you feel sorry for its characters AT ALL COSTS.

The manga is not much different, to be honest. The only manga-exclusive character, called Nozomi (which only exists to sing moerike's "Elfenlied" basically), is plagued by incontinence, forcing her to wear diapers.

Don't let's forget the dog scene in kaede's childhood - number 35 toying with number 7 - that homeless girl - which was also raped - and all of nana's existence.

I don't mean to sound snooty, but this is a thinly veiled tragedy carpet bombing to net some 'feels'.

I want to refer everyone to The Pet Girl of Sakurasou, which was a right feel-splosion without needing to rely cheaply on overt suffering.

Edited by Milky Jade

• Eden of the East
  • Death Note
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  • Blue Exorcist
  • Baka and Test
  • Attack on Titan
  • Sword Art Online
  • Gurren Lagann
  • High School of the Dead

These are just a few good anime that I know off of the top of my head.

Kill la kill!

An over the top comedy and action anime worth a check if your into that, though it can be a bit, too much, too look at, it's worth a go and well worth the time to be one of my personal favorites! 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched three shows so far, all of them to the end. I need some advice on what to watch next.

The anime I've watched:

Another

Toradora

Ouran High School Host Club