movies/tv Looking for anime recommendations

Callisto

Here's a couple that kinda match up to what you've said:

Ah My Goddess

Azumanga Daioh

Fruits Basket

I've never seen Another so I can't really recommend based on that though.

But there's three anime I'll recommend regardless of genre:

Darker Than Black

Utewarerumono

Blassreiter

Edited by Discordian

*clears throat*

Revolutionary Girl Utena

Madoka Magica

Tiger & Bunny

RahXephon

Gurren Lagann

Shinsekai Yori

Fate/Zero

Serial Experiments Lain

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun

School Rumble

Fullmetal Alchemist or Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Scrapped Princess

Golden Time(same author as Toradora, btw)

Haibane Renmei

Princess Tutu

Steins;Gate

Bamboo Blade

Baccano!

Kino's Journey

Eureka Seven

Soul Eater

you should find something to your liking in there.

Edited by Aged Rain
  • Brohoof 1

You should watch Black Butler!!! I love that Ani

me, and you will too!!! Oh and soul eater, and fairy tail!!! :3 hope you like these animes! And if you want anymore recommendations, feel free to PM me :D

~DarkAngel5674~

Two words: Princess Tutu, your emotions watching it will range from :lol: to ^_^ to :( and finally to :D ..... Alright, it's kinda tough to describe. :blink: ... Internet Meme Explain For Me! :derp:whatiwatched-princesstutu.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure what exactly you're into...but if you like the creepy and the confusing, watch a sub of Higurashi no naku koro ni (there's a dub of the first season, but the acting is atrocious -_-). And then you can watch the second season, Higurashi Kai, which begins answering the questions that were presented in the first season ;) (Season 1 is more horror, and Season 2 is more thriller, but personally I love 'em both)

Oh, due to my excessive fanboying over a certain show  :blush:  ; I forgot to mention; if you haven't seen a Hayao Miyazaki movie, you should try to ASAP. But make sure to watch the Japanese version first, Disney has a habit of doing bad English dubs (like "add dialogue that alters the story" bad ).

The cream of the crop would be Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Either would be fantastic, although my personal favorite of his that he really only did the Screenplay for, would be Whisper of the Heart ( :wub: ).

Madoka Magica

Aw, I was going to offer that...

-------------------------------------------------------

I would recommend Kill la Kill: a very strange, hilarious, yet also epic and exciting series that may not at first make sense but begins to once you learn the series came about because the author observed that the Japanese manner of pronouncing "fascism" is nearly the same as the word "fashion", as well as that the pronunciation of the Japanese words "school uniform" and "conquest" are identical. Also the 'Kiru' in the title Kiru ra Kiru/Kill la Kill may mean "kill", "to cut", or "to wear".

Essentially he drew this together to make a series about a girl, who has lost he father and uses a uniform of his creation to fight those at the heavily fascist/militant school where a students status was dictated by the uniform they wear. The higher the star level the stronger it would make the student. Also did I mention her uniform can talk and has a personality? Lastly there a woman of fashion design trying to rule the world for reason not at first known and a twist ending that is both terrifying and “this is crazy but awesome’.

I had fun watching it :)

A word of warning, when the main character and another character ‘transform’ for battle it creates for them the skimpiest outfit imaginable, which is played out for amusement and laughs. Fanservice and later interesting use of nudity/not nudity is used for humor as well.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

Here's a bit of a weird one: Gregory horror show. It's a sort of dark comedy/Horror. It's more psychological, than anything else. So if you're into that it's pretty cool.

It's very odd. The entire thing is CGI, and most of it is shown from a first person perspective. There are 25 episodes in the first two seasons each, and each episode is only 2 minutes, 27 seconds. You can even find the whole thing on youtube.

It's not your usual anime, but watching the first few episodes to see if you like it won't hurt.

I'm going to recommend Eden of the East, and Welcome to the NHK. These are two of my all time favorite anime.

Welcome to the NHK is a great look at the subcultures of Japan. It deals with a Hikkikomori, which is basically somebody who never wants to leave their house. I really wasn't expecting a whole lot when I put in episode 1 on netflix, but I ended up watching the entire show in a day or two. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed an anime this much. It's realistic, dramatic, and funny. 

Eden of the East. I don't have time to explain it right now since I have to go to school, but I suggest you give this show a chance. It's a decent anime.

Oh, due to my excessive fanboying over a certain show  :blush:  ; I forgot to mention; if you haven't seen a Hayao Miyazaki movie, you should try to ASAP. But make sure to watch the Japanese version first, Disney has a habit of doing bad English dubs (like "add dialogue that alters the story" bad ).

The cream of the crop would be Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Either would be fantastic, although my personal favorite of his that he really only did the Screenplay for, would be Whisper of the Heart ( :wub: ).

My older sister and I watched Spirited Away when I was little. :D

• Brohoof 1

One Piece: great action, interesting and colorful cast of character with their own unique goals, hopes and dreams. And no shortage of adventure, you never know what will happen next in this pirate anime.

Dragon Ball/Z/GT: Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are viewed as timeless classics for good reason. Plenty of action and a great sense of humor they have influenced countless anime including One Piece, Naruto, Bleach and many others. Dragon Ball GT is not quite as good but I don't think deserves a lot of the hate it gets.

Death Note: A very interesting thriller anime where this shinigami (grim reaper) drops this book called a death note on earth which can kill anyone whose name is entered into it because he got bored one day. This one human under the alias Kira uses the death note to kill anyone who deems to be a bad person and the detective L has to find out who he is so he can stop him. It brings up a lot of philosophical issues about justice, revenge and whether or not the ends justify the means. 

Gundam Wing: If you are going to watch any sci fi anime I think this one is the best one. The Gundam franchise has many different series but this is the best of them all.

Attack on Titan has been mentioned, but I would still greatly recommend it. :) I don't know if you're still in for watching movies, but almost every Hayao Miyazaki movie that has been made where Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky and How'ls Moving Castle are really good but any movie from him or Studio Ghibli.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Hi, I have started to get into anime, Like I have started watching Naruto and DBZ, but I Think there are more than this, so any good anime out there.

Edit:I made two topics on accident, sorry about that.

I accidentally made two topics with the same name by hitting the post button twice.

Edited by Lankman

Try Space Dandy. It's a parody of anime itself as a whole.

Very awesome.

I think you should also stick with old animoos. Those are usually legendary, and for good reason.

I recommend the Wild-West-In-Space action anime Cowboy Bebop (made by the guys who las made Space Dandy, btw).

Big O is another great one. It's basically ,Batman with a giant robot.