Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cannot Access Site on iPad or PC

Venomous
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

I am unable to visit mlpforums.com from my iPad. When I try, I get sent to a page telling me I don't have permission to view the site. I cannot view my notifications, messages, profile, etc.

I get the same result when using my PC. I have done nothing to receive a warning or expulsion. However, I can access the site on my mobil pe phone without issues.

I don't have an iPad to test it out, but my instinct would be that the link you're using is to some forum page other than the homepage that isn't open to guests, and you logged off on your iPad so until you login you can't view it.  Make sure you type in the home page address instead of using a bookmark or link and then login and see if that fixes it.  If that doesn't work try going to https://poniverse.net/oauth/login and logging in directly to the poniverse site before going to the forum.  If neither of those fixes the issue, then it's probably a technical issue with the site itself that an admin would have to address. 

• Brohoof 3

I cannot click/touch anything on my computer or iPad. When I try to click anything (and I mean anything.Whether it be the home page or the sign out sign).

I get taken to the same page saying "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!"

I don't have an iPad to test it out, but my instinct would be that the link you're using is to some forum page other than the homepage that isn't open to guests, and you logged off on your iPad so until you login you can't view it.  Make sure you type in the home page address instead of using a bookmark or link and then login and see if that fixes it.  If that doesn't work try going to https://poniverse.net/oauth/login and logging in directly to the poniverse site before going to the forum.  If neither of those fixes the issue, then it's probably a technical issue with the site itself that an admin would have to address.

When I click "sign in" I immediately get taken to "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!"

• Brohoof 1

Definitely sounds like it's an issue with your cookies.  Try clearing out your cookies on your iPad and your computer and then logging in.  Also if you've enabled a proxy server or anything of that nature disable it as that IP may be banned.  I'm really not sure what else it could be though... if your user account was banned, it wouldn't work on your phone.  An IP ban might explain this, but it would be really unlikely that your IP would be banned and not your user account if you're not using a proxy server or VPN that another user may be using as well.  The only other explanation is that there's a conflict with some bad cookie data that's causing issues with the site's login system, but that should be fixed by clearing the cookies.

Anyway, I'm out of ideas besides those... hopefully an admin can shed some light on the situation. 

• Brohoof 1

Definitely sounds like it's an issue with your cookies.  Try clearing out your cookies on your iPad and your computer and then logging in.  Also if you've enabled a proxy server or anything of that nature disable it as that IP may be banned.  I'm really not sure what else it could be though... if your user account was banned, it wouldn't work on your phone.  An IP ban might explain this, but it would be really unlikely that your IP would be banned and not your user account if you're not using a proxy server or VPN that another user may be using as well.  The only other explanation is that there's a conflict with some bad cookie data that's causing issues with the site's login system, but that should be fixed by clearing the cookies.

Anyway, I'm out of ideas besides those... hopefully an admin can shed some light on the situation.

I tried clearing my cookies but I don't think I did it right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

, are you still having problems with this?

Unfortunately, yes. I am still having issues.

I cannot access the site on my iPad, phone, or PC

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately, yes. I am still having issues.

I cannot access the site on my iPad, phone, or PC

When attempting to use MLP Forums on your PC, what internet browser are you using? I recommend against using Internet Explorer, as many people have encountered technical issues when trying to browse MLP Forums with it. I'd recommend using the latest non-beta version of Firefox or Chrome.

When attempting to use MLP Forums on your PC, what internet browser are you using? I recommend against using Internet Explorer, as many people have encountered technical issues when trying to browse MLP Forums with it. I'd recommend using the latest non-beta version of Firefox or Chrome.

I have tried using Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Bing, Safari, and Puffin as browsers. None of them will let me on when I'm using my home wifi.

The only way I can access the forums is if I'm using someone else's wifi besides my own.

Like I said, this happened out of the blue. This used to never be an issue.

I have tried unplugging my router for 10 seconds and plugging it back in, but that hasn't worked.

I even had a friend of mine log into my account from his home, and it worked.

So, I believe this is an issue regarding my wifi rather than the website itself.

• Brohoof 2

So, I believe this is an issue regarding my wifi rather than the website itself.

I'm sorry to hear that, @. ^^"

With that being said, I don't think there's much more we can do on our end, I sincerely hope this issue is resolved for you very soon! ^^

Locking this topic, since there's nothing more that can be done here. ^^"

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just leaving a note here for anyone who comes across this topic in the future that this issue has been resolved. It ended up being a private matter that was resolved as such, but this is not a technical issue on anyone's end.