Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Johto Storm

Umbreon

@,@,  

Zorua's eyes got just a little bit bigger as Helioptile rushed at him, his tail standing straight upright.  "Relax Zo, you're the one who taunted her.  Try and land a Fury Swipes when she gets close, you're acting like we've never done this before..."  Zorua nods at the command and starts running forward to meet Helioptile, the claws on his front paws starting to glow as he runs.

----------------------

@@Ampharos,

The Rattata had managed to avoid all but the last of the embers using Quick Attack, though the last lucky hit seemed to have left it with a burn.  Hissing at the Growlithe, the Rattata starts to glow ever so slightly as it begins using Focus Energy.  It seemed even though it was damaged and burned the little pokemon wasn't going to try and run away.

• Brohoof 1

@

Helioptile smirked when she heard the command from Zorua's trainer. Stella's face remained unchanged, though she had quite a big urge to giggle, as she had commanded Helioptile to run forward on the whim that Zorua would use a close range move. "Alrighty, Helioptile. I'm sure you know what to do, no?" Helioptile let out a cry, and jumped over Zorua. Once she landed to Zorua's back, she spun around and laid down a Grass Knot, before bounding back again. "Alright, let's go! Do it before Zorua comes any closer!" Helioptile nodded, unfolding her frills and letting them glow yellow. Of course, she wasn't going to do anything. Stella was just trying to get Zorua's trainer to fall for the trap. 

Cass had been about to respond when they were dragged into Elm's office. Cass picked up a pokedex with the others, and spent a moment examining it before realizing she was being left behind. She dashed after the group onto Route 29, where the not-french Kalosian was battling the dude who had let her off the bus. She stopped to watch, sitting beside someone else who was watching the battle, sitting on the ground. Floette danced in the breeze behind her, coming to rest on Lucario's shoulder. Maybe she'd learn a bit about these two as they battled.

"Bonjour," she murmured to the seated trainer. "I'm Cassie Kade. You may call me Cass. What's your name?" She sounded a little haughty, but not unfriendly.

@,@,@,

Edited by Cascore

@

Cecil watched what had happened with a small smile, sparing a quick glance at Stella before clearing his throat and speaking up to Zorua.  "Behind ya Zo, don't let it get off that attack!"  Zorua spun around and started running towards Helioptile again, before the little fox pokemon's foot caught on the grass knot and he fell flat on his face.  Zorua stays in that position for a small moment before slowly picking himself up, turning to stare at Helioptile...  Before abruptly bursting into tears.  Zorua promptly sat down there in the middle of the battle and cried, seemingly forgetting that they were in the middle of a battle just seconds before.

((He's using Fake Tears!))

• Brohoof 1

@

Stella finally let herself laugh. The plan had gone perfectly. "Alright, Helioptile. Time for-" Stella caught herself off mid sentence, as Zorua was crying. Seriously? Someone would raise a pokemon so poorly it cries mid battle? How pathetic.

Helioptile looked confused. She paused. Helioptile didn't feel very sympathetic. More disgraced. How could a pokemon of such weak stature possibly be her rival? How insulting. Helioptile let out another cry. She looked rather angry, and her ears grew brighter.

Stella was still confused as to what to do. It seemed the Zorua's tears had affected her more than her pokemon. Helioptile looked even more pumped. Odd. But, the battle wasn't over yet, and Stella quite wanted to win it. "Parabolic Charge." Stella commanded, not seeming as excited as before. Helioptile happily obliged, sending an electric current at Zorua.

@,@,

"Why thank you, I'm Cilla." she said as she entered the lab. After listening to the professor's speech Cilla took one of the packages and went outside after fiddling with the Pokedex for a bit. "Alright Espeon I suppose we should-OH MY!" Cilla yelled once she left the lab. As she stepped outside she could immediately see the boy's Zorua from before crying in the middle of the town. What's worse, another Pokemon and her trainer seemed to be attacking the poor thing. "Espeon, get Zorua outta there!" Cilla commanded. Espeon did as such, using her powers to move the fox Pokemon out of the way of Helioptile's attack. "It's okay there's no need to cry little one." Cilla said once she ran up to Zorua, getting a potion out of her bag. "Oh and you." she said turning to Stella. "How dare you attack a Pokemon that's hurt this bad. The fact that you made it cry is bad enough." Cilla said quiet angry Stella would even allow this to happen. "I knew there was a reason I hated battles." she said under her breath.

@

Sable, on the other hand, was just exiting the lab after picking up her own package. "Heh. What a wimp." she said as she saw Cilla tending to Cecil's Zorua. "Come on Umbreon let's ditch Cilla while we still can. The last thing we need is to have her breathing down our neck the entire journey." Umbreon simply nodded and followed Sable to Route 29.

@,@,  

"Alright Zorua, now's your chance!  Snarl!"  Zorua had stopped crying as abruptly as it started, his usual smirk back on his face as he started to open his mouth to launch the attack...  Though he wasn't able to follow through, as Espeon pulled him out of the way and interrupted his own counterattack.  "Ra!  Zorua!"

"H-Hey!"  Cecil immediately ran out towards the interrupted battle, trying to quickly set things right.  "Cilla, Zorua is fine!  He was using Fake Tears, he was barely even scratched!"  "Zorua!"  Zorua jumped up to run over towards Cecil, running behind his leg and peeking around it towards Cilla.  "So much for that battle I guess..."

As Cecil rubbed at the back of his neck and tried to explain to the girls, Zorua quietly tries to slink over towards Helioptile.  The little dark type seemed embarrassed that Espeon had 'saved' it, and wanted to make sure that Helioptile understood he hadn't actually been crying.  He was going to look like a crybaby in front of the other pokemon now!  Grumbling quietly Zorua couldn't bring itself to actually look at Helioptile, glaring off into the distance and seemingly upset that their battle ended so prematurely.

Cass just couldn't take it. That pokemon was such a crybaby. Ignoring their conversation, Cass bid silent farewell to the unnamed trainer and accompanying Lucario, and headed off towards Route 29. 

A trainer with a Umbreon was there too. Cass and Floette wandered in a similar direction to them, near the treeline. Cass seemed interested in the Spinarak bobbing around the webs. She poked at one of the webs curiously, smiling at the cute little spiders.

Floette, on the other hand, was floating near a nearby flower patch. She had exchanged her blue flower for a red one native to Route 29, and was floating curiously towards a Ledyba that was flitting around near it.

@@,

Once Helioptile's attack had gone off, she tilted her head, quite confused. Zorua had disappeared! Had he used dig, or something? No, no. Espeon had carried him away, and some over-sensitive girl was trying to spritz him with a potion. What, what? Helioptile hadn't even hit her rival! This was nonsense. Zorua couldn't be Helioptile's rival with that attitude. She would simply find a new rival. Easy. 

When Zorua walked back to where Helioptile was, Helioptile paid him no heed. She calmly walked back to Stella, climbing up onto her shoulder. She yawned, pawing at Stella with one of her flimsy arms. She obviously wanted to get away from these people. They were annoying. "Well... I think we best be going. Sorry we couldn't battle, I guess." Stella said, bluntly. Fortunately enough, the two managed to escape to Route 29 without a hitch.

--------

@@@Ampharos,

Nothing particularly interested Stella on the Route. The trainer from Kalos was there. She was someone Stella had no intent in talking to. Helioptile had dozed off at this point.

The duo headed north, trying to avoid any potential trainers. The route they ended up in was "Route 46", judging by the sign. A bit of a large jump from the previous route, but hopefully there would be something interesting around.

@@Umbreon,

Alery smiled at the sight of the relentless Pokemon. "This one's a keeper Vulcan! Let's try not to hurt it too bad. Might as well take the shot now..." Alery quickly dug a Pokeball out of his and chucked it at the Rattata. Vulcan looked a little disappointed that he couldn't fight it some more, but he understood that the small Pokemon wouldn't be able to take much more with that burn. Alery saw several other trainers "lagging" on to Route 29 as well out of his peripherals. Took them this long to get over here. Tch, what a disappointment. Alery was a little surprised at the slight hostility in his thought. Was that him talking? Or was it... No, back to the Rattata.

(edited)

@@Flareon

One of the Spinarak looked up sleepily at Cass, and its little mandibles move apart as it yawns.  They didn't seem all that active right now...  Until the one that had yawned abruptly shot a wad of sticky web at the trainer.

The Ledyba that Floette had approached stopped to look at the floating flower curiously, flying up close to try and look at Floette.  Its wings buzzed quietly as it watched the tiny pokemon with curiosity.  Seeing the little fairy holding onto the stem of the flower, the Ledyba chimed up happily and started to fly a circle around the peculiar little pokemon.

----------------------------

@@Ampharos,

As the pokeball struck the small Rattata, it disappeared within the empty pokeball with a bright flash of light.  The pokeball shakes vigorously a few times, but eventually settles down with a satisfying ding!  After all, it was a worn down Rattata.

Rattata.  The Mouse Pokemon.  Its fangs are long and very sharp.  They grow continuously, so it gnaws on hard things to whittle them down.

img-2417766-1-rattata.png

Gender:  Male                     OT:  Alery                          Rash nature / Quick Tempered (Affects Roleplay, not battle stats)

Knows Tackle, Leer, Quick Attack, and Focus Energy.  Could be taught Bite and Hyper Fang with training.

Ability:  Guts

----------Route 46---------

Route 46 opens up from the Guardhouse on the north half of Route 29.  Walking through the Guardhouse you would find even more men in hard hats, most accompanied by fighting or rock type pokemon.  They seemed to be mostly packing up tools and spare supplies though - it would seem whatever they had been working on was either finished or nearly so.  The project they had been working on would be easily recognized as the number of paths cut through the ledges Route 46 was known for, to make for easier travel to and from Blackthorn City.

The mountainous route was still heavy on the wild side even with the addition of the new path, however.  Through the trees a Pansear can be seen taunting a Panpour and Pansage with a berry and not letting them catch him.  A flock of Spearow seemed to be in a loud argument with a couple Murkrow over who had rights to the territory.

Closer to the cliff faces, Geodude can be found among the rocks if one looks closely.  A Machop can be seen having a wrestling match with a Timburr - perhaps a couple of pokemon that the workers had released onto the route.  A cave can be seen in the side of the mountain to the west about halfway up the trail, and if one listens closely they might hear a quiet trumpeting from the small bushes clinging to the rocky route.

@@Leafeon,

-----------------------

Sighing quietly, Cecil walks over to pick up his disgruntled Zorua.  The little black fox was not happy with how things had played out - Helioptile thought he was a crybaby!  No, that would never do!  He would just have to prove to ALL of them how strong he was.

Edited by Umbreon

@@Umbreon

Stella looked around. There didn't appear to be anything hear either. Oh well. There might be something in the cave. As the two walked towards the entrance, Stella paused. She thought she heard something. "Do you hear that...?" She asked her companion, waking her. Helioptile, having much better ears than her trainer, quickly caught up on the noise, and wandered lazily to a patch of bushes.

@@Umbreon,

Alery sighed in relief, not really wanting to waste more time and head straight to the next town. Not particularly sure where to go, Alery ended up going through a pavilion that led to a large patch of grass and a ledge sort of thing that would have been an ounce of a hassle to get over. "Come on Vee. Let's just get to the next town so we can heal up... Walter and-" Alery stopped short after seeing something out of the corner of his eye. He practically punted Vulcan over to the Murkrow. "Sorry Vee! Just Ember it please? If you KO it I swear-" Vulcan barked in response to cut off it's trainer. The Growlithe then shot just a couple small Embers at the Dark bird.

One of the Spinarak looked up sleepily at Cass, and its little mandibles move apart as it yawns.  They didn't seem all that active right now...  Until the one that had yawned abruptly shot a wad of sticky web at the trainer.   The Ledyba that Floette had approached stopped to look at the floating flower curiously, flying up close to try and look at Floette.  Its wings buzzed quietly as it watched the tiny pokemon with curiosity.  Seeing the little fairy holding onto the stem of the flower, the Ledyba chimed up happily and started to fly a circle around the peculiar little pokemon.

Cass sputtered and backed away, tripping and falling flat on her butt. She took a moment to wipe the webs out of her eyes, stood up, and with a "Bah," stalked angrily away from the Spinarak. Ledyba, however, while perhaps less intriguing than Spinarak, looked friendlier, and seemed to get along well with Floette, who was watching it circle her with some confusion. She approached the Ledyba hesitantly, not wanting another faceful of some other unwelcome substance. "Bonjour," she said, approaching, taking care to keep a friendly demeanor.

Cass sputtered and backed away, tripping and falling flat on her butt. She took a moment to wipe the webs out of her eyes, stood up, and with a "Bah," stalked angrily away from the Spinarak. Ledyba, however, while perhaps less intriguing than Spinarak, looked friendlier, and seemed to get along well with Floette, who was watching it circle her with some confusion. She approached the Ledyba hesitantly, not wanting another faceful of some other unwelcome substance. "Bonjour," she said, approaching, taking care to keep a friendly demeanor.

"Bonjour to you too."

*Apollo said, walking over to Cass.*

"My apologies for my lack of a reply earlier, I can loose my awareness of my surroundings when I am deep in focus on something."

*Apollo had a meek look of embarrassment on his face. Jet walked up behind him.*

"If Jet here hadn't pointed out your departure, I may not have noticed you at all, which I am very sorry for."

*Jet crossed her arms and huffed.*

"Anyway, lets try again, shall we? My name is Apollo, and it is my wish to explore all sorts of ancient ruins the world over, its nice to meet you."

*Apollo said with a smile and held out his hand.*

@@Flareon,@,

"Ba-bya!"  The Ledyba cried out cheerfully to Cass, and then to Apollo as he approached as well, seemingly trying to mimic their greeting with its cry.  The bug pokemon flew a couple more circles around Floette before expanding the circles to include all of them.  The little bug Pokemon wasn't trying to attack at all, it just seemed happy and curious about the new faces on the Route.

-----------------

@@Leafeon,

As Helioptile looks into the bushes, it would promptly be pushed back out by a stubby blue trunk.  Following quickly, a Phanpy would jump out of the bush to look at the electric type.  The little Pokemon trumpets again before curling up in a ball and starting to roll slowly, seemingly trying to get Helioptile to chase it.

----------------

@,

As the Embers start to land among the pair of Murkrow they both squawk and take off into the air, the pair of them turning to look at the Growlithe that had attacked them.  A flurry of feathers from nearby signifies the nearby Spearow also leaping into the air, the three smaller birds looking first at the Murkrow and then at the new intruder.

Almost as one, the bird Pokemon came to the decision that this new threat to their territory was more important to their squabble.  The three Spearow and two Murkrow all squawked angrily before diving down towards the Growlithe.

((Can you say HORDE BATTLE!?)) 

"Bonjour to you too."

*Apollo said, walking over to Cass.*

"My apologies for my lack of a reply earlier, I can loose my awareness of my surroundings when I am deep in focus on something."

*Apollo had a meek look of embarrassment on his face. Jet walked up behind him.*

"If Jet here hadn't pointed out your departure, I may not have noticed you at all, which I am very sorry for."

*Jet crossed her arms and huffed.*

"Anyway, lets try again, shall we? My name is Apollo, and it is my wish to explore all sorts of ancient ruins the world over, its nice to meet you."

*Apollo said with a smile and held out his hand.*

@@Flareon,@,

"Ba-bya!"  The Ledyba cried out cheerfully to Cass, and then to Apollo as he approached as well, seemingly trying to mimic their greeting with its cry.  The bug pokemon flew a couple more circles around Floette before expanding the circles to include all of them.  The little bug Pokemon wasn't trying to attack at all, it just seemed happy and curious about the new faces on the Route.

Cass looked at the trainer approaching out of the corner of her eye, gave him a half-smile that clearly said that she was kinda busy and that he should wait a minute or two for conversation. She turned her attention back to Ledyba. "You like Floette's flower, do you?" Cass asked it softly. "If you want to travel with us, we can do beautiful things together, and you'll get to see flowers from all over the place, not just from this little patch." She smiled kindly at it, and held out a Pokeball, giving it the option to just hop into it.

@@Umbreon, ((NOOOOOooooo))

Vulcan was practically tripping over himself to get away, and in his scramble actually managed to escape the brunt of the attacks. One of the Spearow managed to get him a little before he finally had made space between himself and them. "Alright Vulcan, we can't stay much longer. Just use Flame Wheel on one of the Murkrows and get away as fast as you can." As Vulcan rolled towards one of the Murkrow, surrounded by flames, Alery fished a Pokeball out of his dufflebag. The Growlithe would get to the Murkrow first whether it missed or not, so Alery chucked a Pokeball at the Murkrow Vulcan was aiming to hit. Success or failure, they were going to get out of there very soon. With Walter weakened and Vulcan very out numbered, there wasn't much they could do.

• Brohoof 1

@@Flareon

"Ledybaaa!"  The excited bug type stopped flying around Floette long enough to stare at the Pokeball in Cass' hand and listen to what she had to say, before chirping excitedly and tapping the button in the center of the pokeball with one of its little fists.  The pokeball hardly even shakes - it would seem the Ledyba was excited to make new friends so easily without being forced to battle.

Ledyba.  The Five Star Pokemon.  When the weather turns cold, lots of Ledyba gather from everywhere to cluster and keep each other warm.

165Ledyba.png

Gender:  Male                    OT:  Cass                           Jolly Natured / Impetuous and Silly (Affects roleplay, not battle)

Knows Tackle, Supersonic, Comet Punch, and Safeguard.  Can be taught Reflect, Light Screen, and Mach Punch with training. 

Ability:  Early Bird

-------------------------

@,

As the Growlithe rushed back in under the affects of Flame Wheel, the Spearow quickly peeled out of his way to leave him an open shot towards the Murkrow.  However as soon as the Flame Wheel connected, chaos broke loose.

The group of Spearow decided to use the battle as an opportunity to get rid of the Murkrow as well, and the trio quickly turned on the wounded Murkrow.  One of the Spearow happened to get in the way of the Pokeball that Alery had thrown, though it quickly burst out as it was still at full health.

The Murkrow still at full health moves to defend its hurt friend, but they're still outnumbered.  Growlithe and Alery seem to have been almost forgotten about with the Spearow's betrayal.

• Brohoof 1

@@Umbreon,

Alery looked shock at the sudden violence, and quickly ran at the Spearow and began waving his arms. "Hey! Get away from it!" Alery didn't even have to tell Vulcan to defend the injured Pokemon. The Growlithe began shooting small shots of fire at the Spearow to get them away, being careful to avoid hitting either of the Murkrow. Alery got even closer with his waving arms, practically hitting the Spearow away. 

@@Umbreon

Helioptile was far too sleepy to do anything about the Phanpy rolling. She simply tilted her head and yawned again. "Helioptile!" Stella suddenly spoke up. "I want that pokemon, so chase it." She said, bluntly. Helioptile shrugged, and began to run after the Panpy, trying to see if it could cut it off.

@@Umbreon,@@Leafeon,

Cecil and Stella left Cilla with an odd expression on her face. She felt embarrassed, confused, and even a little relived all at the same time. "Oh my...I'm so sorry. I had no idea it was just an act." she said before the two trainers left for Route 29. "I suppose we should just make our way to the next city." Cilla says with Espeon nodding her head in agreement. While she walked through Route 29 Cilla noticed one of the trees was shaking. "Hm, that's odd." she says to herself. "You know what to do Espeon." Espeon nods once again and uses Swift on the tree in an effort to get the attention of whatever's up there.

Meanwhile, Sable was exploring the area that contained the glowing webs just a few feet away. "What do you think it is Umbreon?" Sable asks her Pokemon who responds with a rather uninterested glare. "Try and attack the tree. Maybe we can cause whatever made these webs to come down." Umbreon does as such, using Quick Attack on the tree.

@Flareon,    "Ledybaaa!"  The excited bug type stopped flying around Floette long enough to stare at the Pokeball in Cass' hand and listen to what she had to say, before chirping excitedly and tapping the button in the center of the pokeball with one of its little fists.  The pokeball hardly even shakes - it would seem the Ledyba was excited to make new friends so easily without being forced to battle.      

Beaming at the new little Pokeball in her hand, Cass flicked again, letting Ledyba right back out of it. Ledyba chattered cheerfully, and buzzed around Cass's head, chattering excitedly. "Bii biii!" Cass chuckled at the bugs excitement, but Floette, off a ways, merely exhaled softly, as if wanting to prove she could behave like a proper pokemon should.

Ignoring the cheerful Ledyba buzzing around her head, Cass turned to the new trainer. "Apollo, was it? Enchanté." She curtsied. "I'm Cassandra Cade from Cyllage City, master coordinator-to-be. You can call me Cassie, or Cass, though." She smiled, looking slightly embarrassed at the behavior of her new Ledyba, which had stopped orbiting her head, and was now right up in Apollo's face, peering at him intently. 

Edited by Flareon

Beaming at the new little Pokeball in her hand, Cass flicked again, letting Ledyba right back out of it. Ledyba chattered cheerfully, and buzzed around Cass's head, chattering excitedly. "Bii biii!" Cass chuckled at the bugs excitement, but Floette, off a ways, merely exhaled softly, as if wanting to prove she could behave like a proper pokemon should.

Ignoring the cheerful Ledyba buzzing around her head, Cass turned to the new trainer. "Apollo, was it? Enchanté." She curtsied. "I'm Cassandra Cade from Cyllage City, master coordinator-to-be. You can call me Cassie, or Cass, though." She smiled, looking slightly embarrassed at the behavior of her new Ledyba, which had stopped orbiting her head, and was now right up in Apollo's face, peering at him intently.

"Its nice to meet you Cass."*Apollo noticed the Ledyba up in his face.*

"And nice to meet you too Ledyba."

*Apollo said with a warm smile as he lightly tapped Ledyba's face with his index finger. Meanwhile, Jet was wandering around a few meters away from the others.*

"Its nice to meet you Cass."*Apollo noticed the Ledyba up in his face.*

"And nice to meet you too Ledyba."

*Apollo said with a warm smile as he lightly tapped Ledyba's face with his index finger. Meanwhile, Jet was wandering around a few meters away from the others.*

Cass whistled softly, and Ledyba flew back away from Apollo, to nuzzle some nearby flowers. "Sorry about that," Cass said, smiling wryly. "He seems pretty excitable. So... You're an explorer? Un archéologue, mayhaps?" She smiled. "There's plenty to explore in Johto, I've read." She glimpsed past him at the Lucario standing some ways off on his own, towards whom Floette was floating.

Beckoning Floette back towards her, she nodded politely at him. "If you don't mind, I'll be heading onward. I've heard of contests that are held in le Parc National. If there are contests in Johto, I'm here for them." She curtsied again, and turned to make her way up the route.

Edited by Flareon