Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Johto Storm

Umbreon

(edited)

----------Dark Cave----------

(Route 46 entrance)

As the name implies, the cave is...  Well, dark.  A fire or electric move could likely help shed some light, however.  (I'm not going to make it mandatory for you to go find Flash.)

Once it were possible to see, anyone in the cave would notice the number of Zubat hanging near the ceiling.  There seemed to be a few darker shapes hanging from the ceiling as well, but they don't move very often.

A few Geodude and Roggenrola can be seen moving around closer to the ground, and a raised patch of moving dirt might manage to catch a trainer's eye.  A Dunsparce is basking on a rock, seeming oblivious to everything around it.  

A few rocks to the north seem to be blocking the path, but they don't seem all that sturdy.  A powerful enough attack could potentially clear the path to go deeper into the cave.

@@Leafeon,

--------------------

@@Vaporeon,

The Aipom was knocked down by the barrage of stars, and laid there where it fell looking rather dizzy.  It seemed as though Aipom wouldn't be putting up much more of a fight. 

-----------------------

@@Vaporeon,@@Sylveon,  

The glow coming from the cluster of Joltik reached a peak, and then abruptly expanded outwards towards both of the Pokemon that had been battling them.  Alone these Joltik were young and fairly weak, but clustered together the way they were they had managed to pool their electricity into a single powerful Discharge attack.

----------------------

@,@@Flareon,  

Joey smiles confidently as his Rattata jumps down from his shoulder, the little mouse walking up in front of the Lucario.  "Alright Rattata - use Leer!"  Rattata's eyes start to glow ever so slightly as it stares down the larger Lucario.

---------------------

----------Route 30----------

Entering Route 30 from Cherrygrove, a number of bug Pokemon can be seen crawling on trees.  Caterpie and Weedle seem to be the most common, though a few Wurmple and even a rarer Scatterbug might be found if one looked hard enough.

There is a small pond to the east of the Route, where a couple Poliwag can be seen playing with a couple Tympole.  Goldeen can be seen swimming beneath the pond's surface, while a group of Bidoof seem to be trying to build a little dam in the pond.

Further up the Route rests a single house near a fork in the road.  A Hoothoot can be seen sleeping in a tree nearby, and a couple Bellsprout wander through the vegetation.  Every now and then a Zigzagoon darts out from the tall grass to grab a berry or some other small item off the ground before running back into hiding.  A signpost marks "Mr. Pokemon's House" as being up the right path, while the left one continues on towards Route 31.

@,

Edited by Umbreon

@@Umbreon

The natural light from the cave's entrance quickly vanished as the tunnel curved. Fortunately, the yellow lizard riding atop Phanpy's back was able to fix such an issue. She spread her frills out, allowing her head and frills to glow a bright yellow. Though the light produced by her was dim, it was enough for Stella to see any possible hazards. 

No particular pokemon interested the trainer as they walked, but some shapes on the ceiling were far too far away for Helioptile's light to make them visible. "Helioptile. Brighter, please." Helioptile nodded at her trainer's words, using Charge as to create a light bright enough to see the creatures hanging from the ceiling in detail.

@,@@Umbreon,  

Cass smiled at the enthusiastic battle. She mentioned something to the trainers about exploring the route ahead while they were busy, and slipped off up Route 30.

A small pokemon with a charming spiral pattern on its belly and the cutest little tail she'd ever seen immediately caught her eye, playing in the water. She had to catch one. She just had to.

She made her way over to the water's edge, near enough for the playing pokemon to notice her. She paused, waiting for a reaction.

@@Umbreon,@@Vaporeon,

Unfortunately, it looked like Muna had made a very wrong call as the Discharge attack reached the trainer and his Audino, as well as the girl and her Umbreon near to them.

"AUGH...!"  A cry of pain was choked out of Muna's throat as he fell to the ground convulsing.  His vision was nothing but a sheer white as the paralyzing electricity coursed through his veins.

"Audiii....NO!"  Holding her arms outward, Audino projected a green forcefield just in time to Protect herself from the Joltiks' attack.  Immediately afterward, though, she turned to see her trainer on the ground, now motionless.  She gasped, running over to kneel beside Muna, attempting to shake him awake.  "Audi!  Audino, NO!"  Squinting her eyes, Audino placed her hands on Muna's chest as she concentrated as much energy as possible into a Heal Pulse.  The pink soothing aura light up the area for about ten seconds, and then faded away upon completion.  Muna's breathing returned, although shallow, but he remained unconscious.  Most likely because Heal Pulse didn't cure status inflictions.  Tears welling up in her eyes, Audino turned to the trainer girl.  "Audi...Audino...no..."  She pleaded, voice filled with worry.  She then turned to look at the Joltik, her sky-blue eyes conveying panic and distress.

Edited by Sylveon

@@Umbreon,

Suddenly the door to the New Bark Town lab opened steadily with Allen stepping through a little out of breath as he proceeded in. His pants were stained as well as his shoes covered in mud. Small trickles of sweat fell down his face amid the wet marks on his shirt. 'Quite an entrance. You could have at least knocked,' his thoughts criticized as he stepped forward as though he had just ran a triathlon. "Sorry for the time Professor! I hope I'm not too late..." Allen gasped, still trying to catch his breath as he nervously glanced around the room for a clock. Honestly, he didn't even know if Elm was there but prayed he was after the..'fun' trip he had just experienced. With a sigh, he quickly tightened his survival belt that was missing his rope but luckily still had the package. Allen attempted a smile, hoping his delivery would be rendered satisfactory.

@@Umbreon,

"Good job Espeon!" Cilla said with a Pokeball already in her hand. "Alright Aipom your coming with me." she threw the Pokeball as hard as she could at the Aipom who was promptly sucked inside of the ball as it began shaking.

@@Umbreon,@@Sylveon,

As the Joltik's glow reached it's peak Umbreon's eyes grew big. This was no simple Flash attack as the boy from before thought. As such Umbreon dashed towards Sable with Quick Attack, managing to push her out of the way and take the blunt of the Discharge as it consumed the immediate area. "Um..bre-" the Pokemon says as it falls to the ground unconscious. "Uhg. Umbreon why'd you do that- Oh no..." Sable said as she got up. Not only was Umbreon knocked out but that stupid trainer was too, his Audino on the verge of tears. "Great..." she said sounding more annoyed than anything else. She returned Umbreon to his Pokeball and picked up the boy, putting his arm around her neck. "Come on wake up. I'm not going to carry you all the way to the Pokemon Center." Sable said disappointed that her new Joltik will have to wait.

@@Umbreon,

*Jet seemed unimpressed by the Leer attack, but Apollo was less confident.* "Leer eh? Well since we don't know Ratata's strength, the defence loss could be an issue, but I guess we will just have to make sure we hit first. Alright Jet, use Quick Attack." *Jet nodded and began to run at Ratata with great speed, before sliding and performing a kick for the impact of the quick attack on the smaller pokemon, since the normal shoulder ram she typically used for the attack would have been too high up for the attack to connect.*

@@Umbreon, @@Aerodynas

Jason disembarked from the train bringing him here from his home region and entered New Bark town. "Quite a trip, wasn't it, Lumi?" He asked his Glaceon as they walked out of the station. "Glaci!" Lumi acknowledged, sounding happy about it.

"Glad you enjoyed it. Now l was told to meet a person named Professor Elm at the local lab, so I guess that's where we are heading next."
Jason continued around for a while, getting his bearings. After a few turns he found himself in front of a building with a sign that read 'New Bark Town Laboratory'. "This is it I assume." Jason mumbled as he opened the door and stepped inside with Lumi following right after him.
"Hello? Professor?" Jason called out, he then noticed another boy (Allen) around his age. "Oh, excuse me, do you happen to know where the Professor is?" Jason asked the boy in front of him.
Lumi stood next to Jason, quietly observing Allen as Jason asked him a question.

((OOC: I will be away for a few hours. Sorry in advance.))

Edited by Glaceon

@@Glaceon,

Allen was too tired to have jumped at the other guy's sudden appearance. He shrugged to his question and shook his head tiredly. "I just got here too actually," Allen nodded before looking down to his own clothes then back up to Jason, slightly embarrassed. "Er...I don't always look like this. I just got done running here from Blackthorn...That's one of the roughest roads to head down for sure." A slight chuckle was given in friendliness before his eyes met that of Jason's Glaceon. "Well isn't that a cute pokemon." Allen then knelt down to his knees with slight strain before holding his hand out curiously towards Lumi. "I haven't seen one of these before but it almost looks like one of the Eevee evolutions," he stated with interest, scratching an itch on his dirt covered golden hair.  

• Brohoof 1

@@Aerodynas

Lumi looked at Allen's hand for a while then stepped towards it. "Glaci!" She said happily in response to his statement about Eevee evolutions trying to confirm his statement.

"Looks like Lumi likes you." Jason said noticing his Glaceon attempting to be friendly with the boy. "Oh, I'm sorry, I almost forgot to introduce myself. I am Jason Hayes, but just call me Jason. This is Lumi, my Glaceon." Jason added, introducing both himself and Lumi while offering a hand shake.

"Blackthorn huh, from what I heard they like dragons types there. That place sounds interesting."

Edited by Glaceon

@@Glaceon,

"Allen, a pleasure to meet you and your friend Lumi, Jason," he said standing back straight and returning the handshake firmly. Allen couldn't help but chuckle at his mentioning of Blackthorn in such high regard before petting Lumi lightly upon her head. "It actually is a pretty dull town in my opinion really. There so much hype around it being the birthplace of Champion...er, ex-Champion Lance and his sister Clair. Really it's just small town in the mountains," explained Allen with a shrug before skeptically looking Jason up and down. "Are you from around Johto?"

@@Aerodynas

Lumi seemed to like to be pet. "Glaci." She said in a happy tone and gave Allan a smile.

Jason wore a black jacket which looked like it was more applicable to a colder climate, jeans and a pair of sneakers. His jet black hair was neat and he had a friendly smile on his face. "I am from Dendemile Town, in Kalos. This is my first time to visit Johto, it looks like a pretty amazing place, though I do wish it was a bit colder." Jason replied to Allan's question.

"I'm sure Blackthorn has its own share of interesting things." He added.

@@Glaceon,

Allen chuckled at Lumi's kindness...She's obviously a well cared for pokemon...reflecting upon her trainer... He gave her one last rub on the ear before lowering his hand and giving Jason a slightly confused look. "Uh...never heard of that town before. I know of Kalos from what I see on the TV but not much else really," Allen admitted with another shrug. Johto had been his home forever it felt like. The only other region he had ever been to was Kanto and it was right next door. Hearing Jason made Allen partially envious to get out and travel regions, though it also helped him realize how new and ignorant he was to pokemon...The books could only teach so much.

@@Aerodynas

"Well, if you ever decide to visit Kalos let me know, I'd be glad to show you around." Jason replied to Allan's comment about not having been to Kalos.
"By any chance, do you have any Pokemon?" Jason thought of a possible battle or if not at least he might get to meet Allan's pokemon.
"I'm sure Lumi would like to meet him or her."
"Glaci!" Lumi interjected, indeed being interested in having interaction with another Pokemon.

• Brohoof 1

@@Glaceon,

"Well, maybe someday I'll be able to go..." Allen replied back with a slight frown, patting his pant pocket before brightening up at the mention of Pokemon again. He then reached to his belt and took out a white premier ball, carrying his friend. It had a big blotch of mud on it, causing Allen to try and thoroughly clean it off. "Yeah, my Noibat. I call her Noi...she doesn't seem to be bothered by it." He was about the send her out until her retracted his grasp and looked down to the ball with a frown. "Heh, oh yeah...

Allen looked back up to Jason with an apologetic look upon his face. "Sorry...we had a little trouble with a flock of Skarmory getting here..." he noted sadly. I was hoping the professor could heal her first.

@@Umbreon

Alery looked around at the Pokemon on the Route uninterested. They were all fairly common and some of them were even native to Hoenn. "Come on Vee let's keep going to... Violet City?" The Growlithe barked a confirmation that that was indeed the next location and Alery continued on down the Route. He felt as if he had started going the wrong way when he came to a dead end with nothing but a house with a sign saying it belonged to Mr. Pokemon. "Gah we're really lost... Might as well ask this guy if he knows how to get there." Alery proceeded to knock on the door of the small house.

Edited by Jolteon

@

"Skarmory.... Oh... From what I remember they are Steel and Flying. Very little weaknesses, only one or two I believe." Jason remarked towards Allan's problems with the Skarmory. "I hope Noi was not hurt too much." Jason's voice carried a tone of genuine concern for the Noibat.
"I am sure the Professor can heal her, don't worry. Speaking of the Professor, where is he?" Jason looked around the room but the Professor was nowhere to be seen.
Lumi looked around, trying to see if she could spot Professor Elm for Jason, but to no avail.

Edited by Glaceon

(edited)

@@Leafeon

As Helioptile's glow became brighter a few of the Zubat flew away in agitation, and one of the darker shapes started to shake slightly at the disturbance.  Abruptly the small round shape released from the ceiling to fall down to the floor with an almost metallic clang, the Ferroseed looking at what had disturbed it curiously.  "Ferrro?"

---------------

@@Flareon

The Pokemon playing near the pond slowly came to notice Cass, looking at each other before one of the Poliwag and one of the Tympole try to bounce a little closer to the trainer in order to get a better look at her.  

---------------

@@Sylveon,@@Vaporeon,

The cluster of Joltik quickly turn to scurry back up their tree to safety, still seeming panicked about being attacked the way they were.  Well, all but one of the little bugs.  The last Joltik stared defiantly at the trainers who had attacked them as it starts to glow with a brilliant white light.  The small Pokemon quickly started to grow, and as the light faded away a much larger bug Pokemon was standing in its place.

"Galvantula!"  The now-evolved Pokemon calls after them, almost as a warning, before turning to climb up the tree after its brothers and sisters.  Attempts to come back after the Joltik colony would likely be more dangerous with the stronger Galvantula there to protect its family.

---------------

@@Vaporeon,

The pokeball struck Aipom and quickly pulled him inside before it began to shake.  The Pokeball seems to shake for a a long while before finally coming to a stop with a satisfying Ding!  Aipom was caught.

Aipom.  The Long Tail Pokemon.  Its tail is so powerful that it can use it to grab a tree branch and hold itself up in the air.

250px-190Aipom.png

Gender:  Male               OT:  Cilla                  Naughty Nature / Loves to eat (Affects RP, not battle)

Knows Scratch, Sand Attack, Swift, and Astonish.   Can be taught Baton Pass, Fury Swipes, Agility, and Double Hit with training.

Ability:  Pickup

---------------

@,

The quick attack abruptly sent the Rattata flying back into Joey's arms, who gasped and caught his partner.  It looked like Rattata was already down for the count - it was just a Rattata, after all.  

"Wow...  Rattata, are you alright buddy?"  Joey quickly brings out a Pokeball to let his Pokemon rest, before turning his gaze towards Apollo.  Abruptly the youngster ran up towards him with a wide smile, almost a look of awe on his face.  "That was awesome - you foreign trainers are so strong!  You've got to give me your phone number!  Please?  I'll get stronger and call you for a rematch some time!  Plus, I love knowing strong trainers!  Did you know I used to have the champion Gold's phone number!?  Well, until he changed his number a couple years ago, and he's been so busy I haven't managed to get his new one yet, but yeah I'm totally friends with the champion!"

---------------

@@Aerodynas, @@Glaceon,  

One of the lab aides walks past and notices the two trainers, blinking in surprise and adjusting her glasses.  "Oh, uh, you two can go on back...  Professor Elm is in his office."

Back in his office Professor Elm had his back to the door as he sat in his chair, staring at a PC screen.  He seemed to be reading an e-mail while talking on the phone.  "Really?  You've started seeing some of those in that area as well?  Well, that's interesting to say the least...  Do you think it was a natural migration, or did someone release them in that area?  Just keep an eye on them, of course, we don't want to see an invasive species chase out any of the native populations...  I suppose if it's just the unevolved forms that's not a big problem, I'm not sure how well an evolved one would get along with an Ursaring though...  Someone may need to call Lance or Clair to keep an eye on it, just in case."  

---------------

@

The door opened almost as soon as Alery knocked on it - not on purpose, but it seemed as though someone was leaving as he approached.  A young woman with blue hair blinked as she stopped herself from running into Alery, smiling slightly and glancing over her shoulder.  "Hey Mister Pokemon, you've got another visitor!  Oh, and thanks again!"

The girl smiles at Alery again before slipping past him, holding up a hand in a wave towards the young man.  "Hi, don't let him keep you too long, right?  He can really get ranting if you let him."  Even as she spoke her hand went towards a pokeball hanging from her belt, quietly releasing a Skarmory to stand next to her in the opening near the home.  The girl climbs onto the steel bird's back before waving at Alery again, the Skarmory crying out once before taking off into the air.

From inside an older man can be heard calling out from somewhere towards the back.  "What's that?  A new visitor?  Oh, come in, come in!  How can I help you, or did you come to see some of my collection?"

Edited by Umbreon
  • Brohoof 1

@@Umbreon,

Stella jumped back, just barely dodging the fallen Ferroseed. Phanpy seemed some what panicked, but soon calmed down, noting Ferroseed to not be a threat. Helioptile remained fairly calm as well.

Ferroseed was certainly an interesting pokemon. It wasn't one Stella particularly wanted. "Sorry for the disturbance...!" She said, carefully stepping around the pokemon. "Lets keep going."

The three then continued through the cave. Hopefully it wouldn't be too much longer...

@@Umbreon,

Alery was a little taken back by the girl leaving the house, considering how it looked. But after hearing her call back to the actual owner of the house, he quickly regained his composure. Lifting his hand in farewell as the girl left, Alery was about to ask the man for directions, but was intrigued by this "collection" of his. "Um... What collection might that be? 

@@Vaporeon, @@Umbreon,

Audino briefly panicked when the Joltik evolved, but sighed in relief when it climbed back up the tree. Standing up, she hurried over to the girl and Muna, slinging her trainer's free arm over her own shoulders. "Audi..." Audino said to the female trainer, shaking her head. Muna was unconscious and affected with a case of electricity paralysis, which the healing Pokemon was able to determine with her powers. He wouldn't be able to wake up that easily, but Audino was willing to lend her strength to help the girl carry him to the nearest Pokemon Center. Audino nodded her head towards Cherrygrove City, which was luckily visible from where they were because of how short Route 29 was. "AuDIno!"

Edited by Sylveon

@@Umbreon,

*Apollo chuckled.* "Sure, sure." *He said before writing down his phone number and handing it to the younger trainer.* "I can tell that you and your Ratata have an amazing bond, I am sure that it will do nothing but grow and get stronger. The more time you spend with your pokemon, and the more you train and play with them, the more powerful and faithful they will become. Jet here and I have been fighting, training, and playing together for about nine years now, so our bond is very strong, I can tell that you are on a similar path. I know it sounds kinda cheesy, but thats one of the best ways to grow with your pokemon, just keeping at it, and staying close with them." *Apollo smiled and then remembered.* "I gotta run and catch up with my friend now, I'll talk to you later, call me if you ever want a rematch, okay?" *With that Apollo waved good-bye to Joey and then he and Jet went off to catch up with Cass.*

((OOC: Last post for me today, I have to sleep since it is 3:30 AM and I have to wake up at around 8. Sorry. :( ))

@@Umbreon, @@Aerodynas

"Looks like we found where the Professor is, let's go and meet him." Jason said as he turned towards the door near the back of the building. He knocked before opening the door and slowly entering the office. "Professor? I'm sorry to interrupt, but I was told to see you when I arrived here in Johto. I'm Jason, from Dendamile Town in Kalos. Is there something you needed of me?"
Lumi entered the room cautiously after Jason's introduction. "Glaci? Glaceon." Lumi said curiously as she turned to Jason. "Oh yes, this is Lumi, my Glaceon."
Jason stopped in front of Elm's desk, with Lumi standing next to him.

Edited by Glaceon

@@Glaceon,@@Umbreon,

Allen smiled at Jason's concern for Noi nodding respectfully as he watched Jason and Lumi proceed to the directed room, staying silent. He then paused for a moment, looking to his poke'ball before placing it back on his belt. They did have quite the run in by the Skarmory...but he had made sure Noi would be alright. Surely she'd be okay...

Quietly, he followed behind Jason, watching Lumi's tail swish back and forth before looking up to see the professor speaking on the phone. Patiently, Allen awaited Elm to deal with the trainer from Kalos, knowing that his own problems could wait if Elm had needed someone so much to bring them from an entire other region.

@@Leafeon

The path north into the deeper part of the cave was blocked by a number of fallen rocks.  They didn't appear all that sturdy, and a powerful Pokemon could likely clear them out with little trouble.  Otherwise the only other direction to go would be back towards the entrance that Stella had come in from.

((Not going to require Rock Smash - just be creative if you want to go that way!  ;) ))

--------------------

@,

The older gentleman smiled and waved Alery inside.  "Oh ho, I collect all sorts of rare items that are related to Pokemon...  Come, take a look for yourself!"  Mr. Pokemon walks towards the back of his small house, gesturing towards a large cabinet with a glass front so that one could see inside.  He begins pointing out different items in the cabinet, explaining what each of them is.  

"That is a scale from a Gyarados - but notice the color?  Yes, the Gyarados it came from was red, incredibly rare...  In fact the young champion gave me that particular piece.  These statues here depict a pair of legendaries called Groudon and Kyogre, I traveled through Hoenn some while I was younger, fascinating legends about those two...  That over there is a Technical Machine, something that can be used to teach a Pokemon a new move, some of them are more common than others, I believe this one teaches a move called Return..."  

It would seem that the girl's warning from before was well founded - Mr. Pokemon was starting to rant, and he didn't even seem to notice if Alery was listening or not. 

--------------------

@,

Joey smiled happily as he immediately started to program Apollo's number into his Pokegear.  "Awesome, thank you!"  With that done, the youngster turns to run towards the Pokemon Center to heal his Rattata.

--------------------

@@Glaceon, @@Aerodynas,

Professor Elm blinks and turns around, quickly muttering into the phone "Hold that thought, I'll call you back in a bit."  Hanging up the phone the Professor smiles and gestures towards the table which still had a number of boxes on it.   "Ah, a foreign trainer, yes?  This is why we ask you to come here first, nothing to worry about really."  He proceeded to give a quick speech very similar to the one he had given a little while ago.

(Copy and pasted this from page one to save time, sorry if some of it is a little out of context)

Hanging up the phone, the Professor turns in his chair to smile at the gathered trainers.  "Welcome, welcome!  I'm sorry about that, I was discussing some of my research with the current League Champion...  Oh, and Gold asked me to tell you all that he's looking forward to seeing you progress through the Johto League."

Standing up from his seat, Professor Elm starts walking over towards the table with the boxes resting on it.  "Anyways, I'm sure you're all wondering why we asked you to come all the way out here.  You see, with the number of foreign trainers coming to challenge the Johto League, we've seen a number of cases of trainers getting lost or otherwise getting into trouble that should be easily avoided...  So, we now ask that you come here first so that you can receive these!"

Professor Elm picks up one of the boxes from the table, opening it up and turning it so the trainers could look inside.  "There is one of these for each of you.  Inside you'll find a Pokedex pre-programmed for our region, as we've seen a rather large influx of pokemon from other regions these past few years.  You'll also find a town map, pokeballs, potions, and the phone number for this lab should you discover anything on your journeys that you have questions about."

Smiling, the Professor sets the box back down and goes back to his desk.  He waves a hand dismissively as he sits back down, immediately going back to his research.  "There should be one for each of you, so no reason to be pushy.  I do hope you all have an enjoyable time on your journey."  He already seemed distracted again as he said this final part, his eyes focused on the screen of his PC.

Smiling again as he leans forward against his desk, Professor Elm steeples his fingers together as he looks at Jason and his Glaceon.  "If there's anything else you need, either I or one of my aides could likely help...  So now would be the time to ask."  About that time Professor Elm noticed Allen waiting behind the other boy and raised an eyebrow at his appearance.  "Oh, and you must be...  Allen, right?  Your elder emailed me that you would be dropping by with a package for me today."