Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only brony on here who thinks Chrysalis should not be redeemed?

Wardaddy

@,

I find it odd how you disregard being an unashamed thief, roaring at ponies just for bumping into her by accident, and trying to kill/hurt Pinkie Pie 

If said @$$hole clearly sees her coming, lets her bump into them, and then blames HER for it, then yes.

Headcanon time, Fluttershy sought out her assertiveness lessons after Gilda made her run off crying. Being hurt so badly you run off crying is not a good thing for someone with a delicate consistitution

@,I didn't disregard them simply because i didn't mention them and stop making such absurd assumptions. I am simply saying that you mentioning them in the list of Gilda's "Crimes" is simply ridiculous! 

If said @$$hole clearly sees her coming, lets her bump into them, and then blames HER for it, then yes.
Fine with me... take every bully to the court then... see what happens. 

No! No! Not Gilda! I never meant to imply that. I didn't read the posts before posting myself. I'm sure that the ponies banished her to some other dimension or some shit. Am I mistaken or did they bring her back?

*Gets a good lawyer and wins*   Your point?
*Spends a ton of money for an entirely self-arrogant reason and criminal gets a pep talk* Voila... hardly a crime that one would get jail time or even a fine for... 

Well, technically speaking, bullying is a form of harassment which is a criminal offense of varying consequence dependant upon the degree of harm inflicted.

(edited)

*Spends a ton of money for an entirely self-arrogant reason and criminal gets a pep talk* Voila... hardly a crime that one would get jail time or even a fine for... 

You clearly don't know how ****ed-up courts can get sometimes.

Edited by Anti-Villain

You clearly don't know how ****ed-up courts can get sometimes.
That's exactly why i said it... the thing is if i was i lawyer and had a penny for every time a bully goes to court i'd be rich. Thing is... no lawyer is. Why? Cause that's a stupid reason to go to court in the first place and spend tons of money for. 

Hardly qualifies as a crime.

Well, technically speaking, bullying is a form of harassment which is a criminal offense of varying consequence dependant upon the degree of harm inflicted.
Always... but just because Fluttershy was the most sensible of them all doesn't mean that Gilda should go to court for this.  

That's exactly why i said it... the thing is if i was i lawyer and had a penny for every time a bully goes to court i'd be rich. Thing is... no lawyer is. Why? Cause that's a stupid reason to go to court in the first place and spend tons of money for.  Hardly qualifies as a crime.

Stealing and attempted murder does 

I've noticed discussions have gotten heated nearly to the point of hostility in here a few times. There's no call for that. A multitude of opinions exist on this matter, all of which are fine to hold, so check your attitudes and be sure to employ some tact whenever questioning or doubting someone else's perspective.

As for me, I wouldn't want to see a "redemption" on her part, although I've entertained the idea of her becoming more of an opportunist in future appearances. Making gains where she can through guile and manipulation rather than brute force. We've already seen she's quite capable of it.

• Brohoof 1

Stealing and attempted murder does

The fact that i didn't mention those should make it apparent that i concur with them. Make no assumption that i ignored them.

Those reasons i quoted are not to be counted as "crimes".

I've noticed discussions have gotten heated nearly to the point of hostility in here a few times. There's no call for that. A multitude of opinions exist on this matter, all of which are fine to hold, so check your attitudes and be sure to employ some tact whenever questioning or doubting someone else's perspective.

As for me, I wouldn't want to see a "redemption" on her part, although I've entertained the idea of her becoming more of an opportunist in future appearances. Making gains where she can through guile and manipulation rather than brute force. We've already seen she's quite capable of it.

I am sorry truly. But surely you understand my frustration when someone mentions even remotely that Chrysalis looks like Hitler. This hasn't been the first time.

Well that'd be kewl. An antagonist instead of a villain. I believe that the comics only sought to "force" the message that she was evil through the CMC just in case it was unclear. In fact i think in the entire comic the CMC were just the writers talking. More 4th wall breaking was done by them rather than Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 1

I am sorry truly. But surely you understand my frustration when someone mentions even remotely that Chrysalis looks like Hitler. This hasn't been the first time.

Why is that such a sensitive subject or you? Just curious.. 

Overexaggerated assumptions. Have a nice day.

Okay, what is your beef with this comparison? Above all else, this one seems to annoy you   :blink:

Anyway, nope, considering how Changelings feed, rounding up ponies, we would probably see concentration camps in a bit

Okay, what is your beef with this comparison? Above all else, this one seems to annoy you :blink:

Anyway, nope, considering how Changelings feed, rounding up ponies, we would probably see concentration camps in a bit

Yes it annoys me. Glad you noticed. I might get to it soon if you don't stop. Clearly my last response didn't convince you to stop.

Why do you insist on pouring oil in the fire?

What will it take for you to understand this isn't right? And that this comparison is HIGHLY immature?

Haven't we explained this earlier in this thread?

Let me explain one thing only. Racism was included in Hitler's campaign. One that has persisted through the ages and harmed many through its legacy. Propaganda was used... People died for no other reason than supposed racial superiority.

Chrysalis to our knowledge has done nothing like this. You compare concentration camps to what she does... Really? I fail to understand how gasing victims and abusing them in the name of such a futile and brittle thing as a racist ideology compares to this. I fail to see how capturing and holding hostages or other victims compares to this.

If you consider this comparison valid then consider that the matrix battery fields are the same. Suddenly i feel like you won't like the comparison. Yes we can compare human matrix batteries to the changeling tactics but we can't compare them to concentration camps.

We can compare the changelings with the Skrulls from Avengers EMH. But comparing them with the germans and a legacy of racism, KKK, Golden Dawn((see greece)), is just something that makes my blood boil to dangerously hot levels.

Chrysalis is manipulative and sadistic yes. But she doesn't have anything else in common. She promotes no racist agenda and hasn't impacted Equestria in the same levels. She might use different methods than a common conqueror but she is still just that... A conqueror. No different than what the Great Alexander had done. The fact that we are glorifying some conquerors and hate others is something laughable. I personally have neutral feelings on conquerors. I certainly don't use their conquest to judge them or their personalities.