Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only brony on here who thinks Chrysalis should not be redeemed?

Wardaddy

Exactly. I've seen a lot of villains who be evil because they enjoy it, and it's time for a change at least. Anyway, I think Chrysalis will be given more depth in the future at least.

I wish... there is so much potential for her that's being wasted... and oh god please don't make another cheesy victory! For once i would like to see her be defeat because someone was smart enough to outsmart her. Not "I looked away and you won.", not "You suddenly became more powerful than me." that's darn right ridiculous.

I wish... there is so much potential for her that's being wasted... and oh god please don't make another cheesy victory! For once i would like to see her be defeat because someone was smart enough to outsmart her. Not "I looked away and you won.", not "You suddenly became more powerful than me." that's darn right ridiculous.

It has to happen eventually, that potential will have to resurface somehow.

It has to happen eventually, that potential will have to resurface somehow.

I think if at her return they say she died the "should not be redeemed" thing will die out. I mean if she died in that episode before the return of the changelings.

I think she's better off being a one-shot villain.

Thing is she lived for the most part... so she has a slight chance of coming back.

I think if at her return they say she died the "should not be redeemed" thing will die out. I mean if she died in that episode before the return of the changelings.

Oh wow, that is really deep. If only she survived that ordeal.

Thing is she lived for the most part... so she has a slight chance of coming back.

I don't mean that I think she won't come back, because she very well might; like you said.

But I just think she only needed one appearance and no more.

If i fail to understand why will you explain to me? I mean okay she doesn't need to return but... why?

We already know how she can be defeated, so it would be painfully obvious how the episode would end.

I think Discord is enough when it comes to returning evil characters.

Personally, I'd rather have King Sombra make another appearance rather than Chrysalis because the writers really didn't do anything with him.

Personally, I'd rather have King Sombra make another appearance rather than Chrysalis because the writers really didn't do anything with him.

I don't think they did much either with Chrysalis. Sombra at least got some sort of backstory. Queen Chrysalis got NOTHING.

I don't think they did much either with Chrysalis. Sombra at least got some sort of backstory. Queen Chrysalis got NOTHING.

On the other end, she got more characterization than Sombra.

I would prefer characterization over a backstory if I had to choose.

On the other end, she got more characterization than Sombra.

I would prefer characterization over a backstory if I had to choose.

Let's compromise for a mutual return then? That would be interesting at least. Whether they return together or as enemies who make a war that catches Equestria in the middle that's another thing. It'd be interesting to see who we consider more redeemable... Sombra or Chrysalis? I personally favor Chryssie.

Let's compromise for a mutual return then? That would be interesting at least. Whether they return together or as enemies who make a war that catches Equestria in the middle that's another thing. It'd be interesting to see who we consider more redeemable... Sombra or Chrysalis? I personally favor Chryssie.

I guess it does come down to who can be more redeemable.

I guess it just depends on which villain you liked better?

I guess it does come down to who can be more redeemable.

I guess it just depends on which villain you liked better?

I can't say i "hated" Sombra... but having a generically evil villain was bad for me.

I think she should be over and done with, honestly.
That's another problem. An "evil" Chrysalis wouldn't just give up after the first failure. She would try again and again and again. Until redeemed or imprisoned. It was likely the concept that led to Discord being redeemed. I mean... why turn him to stone again and again if he's going to eventually win when he escapes.

That's another problem. An "evil" Chrysalis wouldn't just give up after the first failure. She would try again and again and again. Until redeemed or imprisoned. It was likely the concept that led to Discord being redeemed. I mean... why turn him to stone again and again if he's going to eventually win when he escapes.

We can't be redeeming every other villain and the likelihood of someone being "destroyed" in a children's show is not looking very well. What are they going to do, imprison her? Send her to another realm? Maybe we should get some new villains in here, after all, we only get one per season. 

What are they going to do, imprison her? Send her to another realm?
Prison sounds more like it. I for once would love to see a prison that doesn't involve making the just stall for time before taking revenge. It would make for a great friendship lesson against revenge i would say.

Maybe we should get some new villains in here, after all, we only get one per season. 
Villains aren't needed. Antagonists are... i don't understand why Trixie and Lightning Dust were considered villains... they were antagonists and Trixie only turned evil after wearing the amulet.  

Prison sounds more like it. I for once would love to see a prison that doesn't involve making the just stall for time before taking revenge. It would make for a great friendship lesson against revenge i would say.

The just stall for time? What do you mean?

Villains aren't needed. Antagonists are... i don't understand why Trixie and Lightning Dust were considered villains... they were antagonists and Trixie only turned evil after wearing the amulet.  

I'm not a big fan on villains. I prefer antagonists myself.

They were? o-o By who?

The just stall for time? What do you mean?
Like what happened with imprisoning Discord. I mean he turned evil once again after a thousand years in prison. Nightmare Moon as well...

They were? o-o By who?
Look above in the thread... it's sad really. 

Like what happened with imprisoning Discord. I mean he turned evil once again after a thousand years in prison. Nightmare Moon as well...

Look above in the thread... it's sad really. 

Oh,Yeah, that would be nice.

and I'm kind of afraid to.

@,

She had a sense of honor which involved not hurting anyone physically. As for her not getting angry, it's in her best interest to not get angry

Not angry exactly... Frustrated that she lost. Also consider her ultimate plans involved world conquest and mind-controlling hundreds and thousands of people i don't think she has any honor. Even the honor of not hurting others physically flies off the window when her best interests were for her not to do so.

I think because alot of in this fandom want to love and tolerate :D But the points are very true. But i think people like her because she isnt a typical bad guy in this fandom. and if we can some what redeem discord who knows.

I think because alot of in this fandom want to love and tolerate :D But the points are very true. But i think people like her because she isnt a typical bad guy in this fandom. and if we can some what redeem discord who knows.

Pretty much this. People like relatibility(the ability to relate to something) so they Want To see good even in the devils of Equestria. I can't say that I agree with that but I respect that the majorty of the fandom likes that .
  • Brohoof 1