Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only brony on here who thinks Chrysalis should not be redeemed?

Wardaddy

Spongebob reference.

Anyway, kindness really has nothing to do with the situation. The series is not a human being; it does not have feelings. I can rag on it all day and the only ones that'll get offended are those that can't handle someone disliking something they're into. It's not my responsibility to please those people by only giving positive feedback about a video series, nor do I want to.

Yea i figured that it was from Spongebob but i still didn't get the joke. 

Maybe it's just me and my approach upon things that is usually non-aggresive. 

I am not asking you to "lick" them... but you could say that the only ones who could be offended if you offended said characters are those that contributed to making it. Then again so long as you're not offending the creation of them it's just fine. I just wanted to say that it's not needed to aggresively acess or judge a character but that is simply your approach.

No need to view it as mockery. It's the debate in itself that amuses me.

I don't... it just what my subconscious reads when i encounter emotionally indistinguishable text upon the internet. You know what i mean?

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't want to see her redeemed as I don't think that would work, but I wouldn't want her to be destroyed either as she's tied with Discord for my favorite villain.

Princess Celestia may be willing to give her that chance (as she had with Discord despite his numerous crimes while he enslaved Equestria with his tyrannical forms of chaos), but Chrysalis doesn't strike me as the type of character that would be willing to take that chance.

Even if her Changeling army needed love for sustenance instead of a power boost, she could have simply asked Celestia for help instead of going about her plans in such a roundabout way.

Which leads my to believe that her pride is what would ultimately prevent her from even considering being reformed, especially given her arrogance towards the end of 'A Canterlot Wedding' which showed us just how big of a flaw that was-plus, she went horn to horn with Celestia fully expecting to be obliterated before becoming genuinely shocked when she actually won-once again showing her stubborn refusal to swallow her pride by putting her life at stake and potentially dooming her entire species.

222251__UNOPT__safe_derpy-hooves_trixie_

I understand speculation that not all Changelings are evil, but Chrysalis takes vindictive glee in causing pain and suffering.

Thing is there is something not everyone seems to understand. Reformation targets villains... If they are not villains you can't exactly reform them.

I wouldn't want to see her redeemed as I don't think that would work, but I wouldn't want her to be destroyed either as she's tied with Discord for my favorite villain.

Princess Celestia may be willing to give her that chance (as she had with Discord despite his numerous crimes while he enslaved Equestria with his tyrannical forms of chaos), but Chrysalis doesn't strike me as the type of character that would be willing to take that chance.

Even if her Changeling army needed love for sustenance instead of a power boost, she could have simply asked Celestia for help instead of going about her plans in such a roundabout way.

Which leads my to believe that her pride is what would ultimately prevent her from even considering being reformed, especially given her arrogance towards the end of 'A Canterlot Wedding' which showed us just how big of a flaw that was-plus, she went horn to horn with Celestia fully expecting to be obliterated before becoming genuinely shocked when she actually won-once again showing her stubborn refusal to swallow her pride by putting her life at stake and potentially dooming her entire species.

Pride is a weak emotion... The antidote is great loss. I am glad i understood that at least when writting my fic.