Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only brony on here who thinks Chrysalis should not be redeemed?

Wardaddy

Long story short, this should be one villain who is left as she is. Besides, it would make for a great friendship lesson: there are some people you just can't help. 
The first thing you mention is just your fanboyism wanting a villain.

Queen Chrysalis CAN be redeemed. A friendship lesson about those who you can't just help is VERY VERY WRONG. It is open to gross generalizations and just someone who gives up on people and just can't be creative enough. We haven't seen much of her... but she probably would feel a lot more sad and sympathetic if she lost something dear to her... if we could learn more about the changelings way of life we would understand. I would really like to know where her parents are. 

It's her beautiful looks that mix well with that feral visage, Queen Chrysalis looks good in socks and its excuse enough for bronies to feed her their love and pardon her wrong doing. I won't lie, I absolutely fall for Chrysalis as well.

Discord getting redeemed made little sense. In the context of the show's very forgiving nature, LD could probably get a pardon, but I wouldn't like it at all

I believe the reason for poor Lightning Dust being shunned lies with the fact she's a better athlete than Rainbow Dash, Dash fanatics hate that so much as they are comprised of so much of Bronydom. Because let's face it; Trixie, Sunset Shimmer, and Diamond Tiara are bigger jerks with sociopathic tendencies yet they have a larger personality cult than LD.

NO, NO, NO! :angry:

Chrysalis should remain evil. No tragic backstory, no complicated circumstances, no being misled or corrupted. Just plain evil because she WANTS to be! I know this is a show for a little girls--though its seems to be straying from its roots--but not every bad guy should be not all bad. My fave villains are rotten to the core and one of those every now and then wouldn't hurt.

King Sombra died being evil. We need more characters like that.

Just because you are bored with the redemption of evil doesn't mean all of us are. And that's a poor reason for wanting her to remain evil.

Why? Why do we need them? Whats the point?

@@Windseeker,

LD isn't a better athlete than RD, they're shown to be equal. The difference is that Dash is less reckless and thinks more. That caused her to clip her wing because she hesitated. LD thinks less which is a good/bad thing.  

DT has fans? I mean, the type of fans who like to make her reformed and give her tragic backstories. SS actually showed off some care when she decides to let Spike go because she's not a monster. Still, I get your point.

Just because you are bored with the redemption of evil doesn't mean all of us are. And that's a poor reason for wanting her to remain evil.

Why? Why do we need them? Whats the point?

How do feel about the fact that a good version of Chrysalis will be appearing in the comics?

They do, Daring Do wrote books about her self in the show, in the comics, they were written by Twilight's mom

What, you mean that trophy everyone assumed meant that she wrote the books?  Sorry, but that doesn't fly.  Maybe she's a fan of Daring Do.  Maybe that's the name of the award.

The theory that Twilight Velvet wrote the Daring Do books was just that: a theory.  There was very little evidence backing it up.

I think she looks better here:attachicon.gifMyLittlePony20-covA-copy-96dd3.jpg

I'll get the mud pit ready! :P

I'm not really a big fan of Chrysalis, somehow I don't find her to have much charisma over me.

Also, because of her personality, I don't see her being reformed as a very logical sequel. On the other side I loved her story in the comics and it feels just right for her character.

Thank Celestia I'm not the only one! Chrysalis is like Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty in a lot of ways. They both ooze evil, they're willing to commit as many crimes as is necessary, and worse still, they don't care who they walk over to reach their goals! 

Honestly I always thought that Nightmare Moon was a lot more like Maleficent. I personally loved them both while I find Chrysalis to be a pretty awful villain (obviusly this is just my opinion).

Edited by Aisling Ink

The first thing you mention is just your fanboyism wanting a villain.

Queen Chrysalis CAN be redeemed. A friendship lesson about those who you can't just help is VERY VERY WRONG. It is open to gross generalizations and just someone who gives up on people and just can't be creative enough. We haven't seen much of her... but she probably would feel a lot more sad and sympathetic if she lost something dear to her... if we could learn more about the changelings way of life we would understand. I would really like to know where her parents are. 

*growls* Another brony who thinks Chrysalis can be turned into the Queen of Gumdrops and Lollipops.

Well, here's the thing sonny Jim, every villain in the show thus far has been converted, with the exception of Sombra, who was killed. I'm certain that I am not alone when I say that converting Chrysalis to good would be converting one too many. I mean, look at Sombra. He was killed for being a tyrant, so why shouldn't Chrysalis be killed? As one user said on this thread, with the amount of crimes Chrysalis committed, by now she'd be on death row. Fanboyism or not, Chrysalis is one villain that should remain evil, considering she reeks of it from horn to hooves. And how could anypony even convert her? 

i don't care what you say or what the implications or circumstances are, Chrysalis should remain pure evil. No backstory about parents, corruption, bullies, miserable childhood or anything! For once, there should be a villain who wants to be evil for the sake of it! The show may teach forgiveness, but for once there should be a villain that will not, repeat not, accept reformation or purification!

• Brohoof 1

@,

Here's an idea. After Chrysalis is defeated, the changelings reform. Why? Well, assuming they have a hive structure, they couldn't do anything but obey Chrysalis's orders.

There' your friendship lesson

"Some people may act mean because they don't have a choice, if you get rid of the bad influence, they might be nicer than you think"

There, no OOCness, the changeling lovers are happy, and there are no cries of racism 

I'm not really a big fan of Chrysalis, somehow I don't find her to have much charisma over me.

Also, because of her personality, I don't see her being reformed as a very logical sequel. On the other side I loved her story in the comics and it feels just right for her character.

Honestly I always thought that Nightmare Moon was a lot more like Maleficent. I personally loved them both while I find Chrysalis to be a pretty awful villain (obviusly this is just my opinion).

And Chrysalis is more like Ursula, really (Both used shapeshifting to impersonate brides, and both worfed their main authority figures after being found out).

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 2

@,

Here's an idea. After Chrysalis is defeated, the changelings reform. Why? Well, assuming they have a hive structure, they couldn't do anything but obey Chrysalis's orders.

There' your friendship lesson

"Some people may act mean because they don't have a choice, if you get rid of the bad influence, they might be nicer than you think"

There, no OOCness, the changeling lovers are happy, and there are no cries of racism 

Ok, I like where you're coming from, but there's one slight problem. Chrysalis and her Changelings seem to have noticeable traits of parasites. I mean, in the comics it states that after they were blasted out of Canterlot, the Changelings raided a nearby town and sucked it dry. Sure, they are a clever, sadistic bunch, but they are still parasites. Case in point, you cannot reform parasites. You can only destroy them.

And Chrysalis is more like Ursula, really (Both used shapeshifting to impersonate brides, and both "Worfed" their main authority figures after being found out).

I totally agree. I think their behavior is quite similar as well.

@,

Considering that Chrysalis only says love is to power them up, it's likely they were using it to get gas back in the tank. I am of the belief they don't need love to survive, they just use it like a steroid to pump themselves up. Obviously, after Canterlot, they'd need something so that they can actually get revenge.

Even if they were parasite, arrangments could be made. Toxin comes to mind. He's a an evil alien slime but after a bit of negotiating, he and his host came to an agreement where Toxin didn't kill anyone so as long as his host got him chocolate(Toxin likes chocolate) 

@,

Considering that Chrysalis only says love is to power them up, it's likely they were using it to get gas back in the tank. I am of the belief they don't need love to survive, they just use it like a steroid to pump themselves up. Obviously, after Canterlot, they'd need something so that they can actually get revenge.

Even if they were parasite, arrangments could be made. Toxin comes to mind. He's a an evil alien slime but after a bit of negotiating, he and his host came to an agreement where Toxin didn't kill anyone so as long as his host got him chocolate(Toxin likes chocolate) 

Yeah. The obviously sadistic This Day Aria lyrics, combined with her actions in the comics, pretty much nullified any Well-Intentioned Extremist claims she could've made.

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 1

At this point, I feel like bringing Chrysallis back would be playing with fire for the writers. No matter what they did they'd make people unhappy, maybe even offend some people. Much as I would like to see her brought back and have her character explored, it would have to be done carefully.

I think what I'd most like to see is an interaction between Twilight and Chrysallis where Twilight offers her a chance to accept reformation and she refuses. Honestly, that strikes me as the best way to handle the situation, if it is ever to be handled at all.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Good idea, again, but Chrysalis is not the kind of villain anypony can negotiate with. As I have stated before, she's sadistic, merciless, and downright evil. I don't think she'd settle for just a trade-off. First, she wants her steroids. Next, she wants Equestria. Remember this little ditty she sang during the attack?

This day has been just perfect

The kind of day of which I dreamed since I was small

Everypony I'll soon control

Every stallion, mare and foal

Who says a girl can't really have it all?

(Important bits I have highlighted in bold)

She doesn't want just love, she wants Equestria, and no right-minded villain would not want to settle for just their little something. They want it all, and they would do anything to get it.

• Brohoof 1

@,

What, you mean something like this?

Chrysalis tricks Twilight into giving her mercy and then backstabs her? 

I would like to think that Twilight would only offer mercy when it was safe for her to do so. She's a very smart little princess, and I don't think she'd be easy to trick ;)

Perhaps that could make for an interesting moral though. Be careful around people who've shown themselves to be untrustworthy and all that.