Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I the only brony on here who thinks Chrysalis should not be redeemed?

Wardaddy

(edited)

@,

I say Chrysalis is more like Mother Gothel. They need a magic drug to feed their ego

Actually, no. Gothel and Chrysalis are more different than you may think. Gothel was evil, that much is certain, but she had to kidnap a girl with magical hair in order to keep herself young. Nothing too sinister, amirite?

However, Chrysalis wanted to give her army and herself more power by harvesting love, so that they could conquer Equestria. Far more sinister than a greedy old lady, is it not? 

Edited by Moony

The idea that Chrysalis only wanted love would sure explain a lot of questionable things regarding her army.  Hay, love might just be one of the only things they feed on.  

But no, I don't want her redeemed.  Even if she truly needed it, she was going about it in the wrongest of ways.  

@,

Gothel emotionally abused someone and stabbed someone in the back, she's pretty evil. Chrysalis is more evil, but I think they're closer than Malificent.

I don't like Malificent, she's kind of bland and was throwing a tantrum over not being invited to a party :/

Edited by Akavi
Quoting hidden post

@,Gothel emotionally abused someone and stabbed someone in the back, she's pretty evil. Chrysalis is more evil, but I think they're closer than Malificent. I don't like Malificent, she's kind of bland and was throwing a tantrum over not being invited to a party :/He wants a link, a scan preferrably

I saw it on Equestria daily a few days ago. If you look at the end of the comic you'll see an artwork with a usual pony scene. That's half of the artwork, the other half shows the ponies in the parallel universe, with the evil Celestia and the good Chrysalis.

@,

Gothel emotionally abused someone and stabbed someone in the back, she's pretty evil. Chrysalis is more evil, but I think they're closer than Malificent.

I don't like Malificent, she's kind of bland and was throwing a tantrum over not being invited to a party :/

He wants a link, a scan preferrably

True. But you can't deny, Maleficent is as evil as they come. I mean, yeah, she threw a tantrum over not being invited, but her methods were pretty dark. After all, she is the mistress of all evil, and turned into a dragon using the powers of hell.

Pretty evil, and don't get me started on the fireplace scene. Those eyes........those unholy eyes.

I saw it on Equestria daily a few days ago. If you look at the end of the comic you'll see an artwork with a usual pony scene. That's half of the artwork, the other half shows the ponies in the parallel universe, with the evil Celestia and the good Chrysalis.

Ok, but that's parallel Chrysalis. I'm talking about the Chrysalis that nearly sucked Canterlot dry.

True. But you can't deny, Maleficent is as evil as they come. I mean, yeah, she threw a tantrum over not being invited, but her methods were pretty dark. After all, she is the mistress of all evil, and turned into a dragon using the powers of hell.

Pretty evil, and don't get me started on the fireplace scene. Those eyes........those unholy eyes.

Ok, but that's parallel Chrysalis. I'm talking about the Chrysalis that nearly sucked Canterlot dry.

I found the artwork, here it is:post-24783-0-97053100-1395422925_thumb.jpg

I agree, she was a fantastic villain who sang in front of her captives. But I would always like to encounter new villains throughout the series too and give another character a chance!  :lol:   

@,

She's evil, but bland. As for her methods, they're kind of weird. She clearly has no problem with killing yet even after finding that Aurora survived, she lets her live. And her dragon form went down laughably easy. Honestly, Elsa was scarier than Malificent, at least Elsa showed off enough power to be frightening

Well, the creators say they are. So if they say so, that's good enough for me!

Show>Creator's Word

In the show, Daring Do wrote the Daring Do books. In the comics, Twilight's mother did. Comics aren't canon, case closed

Edited by Evil Dragon Master

@,

She's evil, but bland. As for her methods, they're kind of weird. She clearly has no problem with killing yet even after finding that Aurora survived, she lets her live. And her dragon form went down laughably easy. Honestly, Elsa was scarier than Malificent, at least Elsa showed off enough power to be frightening

Show>Creator's Word

In the show, Daring Do wrote the Daring Do books. In the comics, Twilight's mother did. Comics aren't canon, case closed

Doesn't prove anything. Studios and publishers make those kind of mistakes all the time.

I concur. 

The way I see it:

Redemption:

Discord

Lightning Dust

Trixie

No Redemption:

Queen Chrysalis.

I don't think they should redeem Lightning Dust, but they could make it work.

@,

Lightning Dust was a psycho. Even when people almost died, she didn't care at all. She cares for nothing but her own self interests and sees others as simple tools to be used.  

So...Discord, who tortured ponies for his own sick amusement, can be redeemed; but the Pegasus that put lives in danger by accident cannot?

554229.jpg

I found the artwork, here it is:attachicon.gifMyLittlePony19-cvrA-f484c.jpg

Is it weird that I think evil Celestia looks hot? :wub:

Yeah, I saw that. But the question here is are the comics canon to the show?

Last I heard, they were not. So therefore, a reform is not in the cards for Chrysalis.

I have not heard any information from any cannon sources one way or the other.  General rule for expanded universe works: they are cannon unless they conflict with the source material.

bill_oreilly4-Edit.jpg?itok=7BW626Ze

And that's the memo.

• Brohoof 1

I thought someone .. somewhere .. had said that Chrysalis was supposed to be irredeemable, because some people are. Sorry I don't remember the source.

NO, NO, NO! :angry:

It's bad enough the Show and EG have bad guys go from good to bad just like that (right, Sunset?), but the way fans act like that's how it SHOULD be is just ridiculous and stupid.

Chrysalis should remain evil. No tragic backstory, no complicated circumstances, no being misled or corrupted. Just plain evil because she WANTS to be! I know this is a show for a little girls--though its seems to be straying from its roots--but not every bad guy should be not all bad. My fave villains are rotten to the core and one of those every now and then wouldn't hurt.

King Sombra died being evil. We need more characters like that.

• Brohoof 2

I have not heard any information from any cannon sources one way or the other.  General rule for expanded universe works: they are cannon unless they conflict with the source material.
 They do, Daring Do wrote books about her self in the show, in the comics, they were written by Twilight's mom

So...Discord, who tortured ponies for his own sick amusement, can be redeemed; but the Pegasus that put lives in danger by accident cannot?

Discord getting redeemed made little sense. In the context of the show's very forgiving nature, LD could probably get a pardon, but I wouldn't like it at all

• Brohoof 1

554229.jpg

Yeah....I would like to include what you said also with Discord.  Like Fluttershy taught him to be nice and kind in a way, I thought, "why not do the same with Lightning Dust.  Yeah, she may have almost killed some ponies, but to give her a second chance would be nice. 

554229.jpg

Is it weird that I think evil Celestia looks hot? :wub:

bill_oreilly4-Edit.jpg?itok=7BW626Ze

And that's the memo.

I think she looks better here:post-24783-0-24544300-1395428042_thumb.jpg